Diablo® III

Suddenly, Poor Performance

I've played D3 on my rMBP for over a month now with all the settings on high and the highest resolution with no problem. I just booted up D3 after a couple days away and it does not run well. Even when I drop the resolution down and some of the settings to Medium, it doesn't run smoothly.

Tried closing all other programs and restarting the computer. I'm reporting 12+ GB of free memory. I'm not sure what could have happened to cause this and unfortunately I am away from my home network so I don't have a Time Machine backup. Any ideas on troubleshooting this? Only other thought I have is if the performance could be related to network connectivity? If there is a bad wifi connection could it be causing the jittering?

Thanks All.

Mac Specs:
Intel Core i7 2.3Ghz
16 GB 1600mhz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M and Intel HD Graphics 4000
1 GB GDDR5 (GeForce GT) and 384 MB DDR3 (HD Graphics)
Reply Quote
I just remembered there was a supplemental update to OSX 10.8.2 that I think I installed over the weekend. This could have something to do with the problems I am seeing. Anyone else seeing issues after updating OSX?
Reply Quote
I've been having issues for a few days now (check my thread), and so have other people it seems. I'm not sure if there is a direct connection with the OSX update though, but.. it's a possibility.
Reply Quote
It definitely has something to do with the Supplemental Update to 10.8.2 (12C60).
If anyone else has this problem, the following will fix:

Backup your data!!
Restart and hold CMD+R on startup (you will boot into recover)
Choose to reinstall Mountain Lion.
All of your data should still be there, but you will be rolled back to the original 10.8.2.

I was good to go after this, but it took about an hour and a half depending on your internet connection.
Reply Quote
I tried resetting the SMC and it fixed this problem for me.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679557952
rMBP
Edited by Viggo#2755 on 10/11/2012 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
^^ This is correct, the SMC reset after the 10.8.2/supplementary/firmware updates should resolve these issues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]