Kill a lot of elites in Act 3 Inferno (my WD is > 17,000 now) and keep your fingers crossed.
- I never pick up any blue items or even yellow items < ilvl 61. This speeds things up a lot.
- Never backtrack in a dungeon. If you get to the exit, or exit to the next dungeon level, take it (backtracking is a huge time sink).
- Have at least one item with pickup radius (so you don't need to walk over gold piles to pick them up).
- If you usually play solo, try a public game (this helped me see how fast a lot of people actually farm, and sped me up quite a bit). If you play in a public game, never stop to ID items, just drop them un'id into your stash until the run is over (or you will un-necessarily miss out on loot/exp)
Socket a ruby in your helm for exp bonus. This will raise your MF/GF at a faster rate due to faster paragon leveling
Some basic AH knowledge might be helpful:
- Most items you see in AH will never sell at the price they are listed at. You need to look for items with active bids. To do this, select an item and press the bid button; if the default value listed for your bid = the current bid price, then no one has bid on that item yet. Sort items so that auctions about to expire are listed first, then find a couple with active bids... this is the best way I've found to accurately price items
- Be patient when you buy something. Unless you see a B/O price you know is a screaming deal, if you are willing to lose a few auctions, you will eventually get a good deal on your item. The higher priced your item is, the more important this is
I've never used RMAH, but have sold 4 items for > 50 mil (one for 150 mil)... and a ton of items between a few hundred k and 5 mil.
Hope some of this helps.