Diablo® III

Poll: Why Don't You Play Hardcore?

Let me start by saying that I don't want this thread to sound condescending in the least bit. I have all the respect for SC players, as I am one myself (as well as a HC player). I am just curious about what keeps people from HC mode. Also, please read this whole post before voting! Thank you :)

A) I think this game is too challenging, or it's too likely to die, to allow you only one life

B) I don't trust my connection and/or Blizzard's server stability enough

C) I don't have enough time or dedication to play HC

D) I enjoy zerging tactics (tactics wherein you're likely to die often)

E) Other

Please pick the option that most closely resembles your answer. I know that, if none of the first four options match your answer word for word, you will be tempted to pick E. However, please pick one option that is similar, not necessarily identical, to your answer, and then elaborate on your post. I should be seeing very few "E" posts, because a lot of what special circumstances people are saying are very similar to one of my options!

Also, please pick the best answer! If there are multiple things stopping you, choose the one that you think is the most overwhelming. If you give me multiple options, and you don't make it clear which one is the foremost contributor, I simply won't count your vote.

For example, one might be tempted to answer:

"E: I have a wife and family, and a career, and I think playing Hardcore would cut into my real life way too much."

No! Your answer isn't E, it's obviously C!

Another example is if, say, you want to be able to try to fight the next boss over and over again, changing your strategy each time until you succeed, while it's not identical to option D, it's similar. So vote D, and then, in your post, explain exactly what you mean by that.

Anyway, if you have played Hardcore, but don't play it any longer, or if you have tried it a couple times and only gone through Normal, you're welcome to vote. However, if it's clear that you play HC a ton, please don't. :)

I will keep editing this OP with the latest results, one page at a time. I'd love to hear your input!

Note that if someone said E, but I feel their explanation is very similar (but not identical) to one of the four options, I'm counting that as one of the four options. E has to be waaaaaay removed from any of those options. If you take issue with my judgement call, please tell me! (Also, if you don't show a letter in your vote, it's obviously up to my discretion to choose whether it counts as a vote, and which letter it satisfies.)

EDIT: By the end of page 8, the results are:

A) 6
B) 74
C) 12
D) 6
E) 11
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 10/6/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
D) and E) not enough people playing HC

edited in response to OP: D for me. I enjoy leaping into middle of thousand mobs and watch everything melt including me

Please read my OP guys :(

Sorry :P
Edited by Tagle#1471 on 10/4/2012 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
E: because im a wuss who dies too much.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
B) I thoroughly enjoy the game mode however I do not have the desire to play it in its current state.

I am quite the adrenaline junkie.
Because the game is on the internet.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Tagle
D) and E) not enough people playing HC

Okay, I edited the OP to tell you to pick the best answer, if there are multiple things. So which one is more overwhelming?

10/04/2012 03:58 PMPosted by DeadRu
I simply don't like dealing with groups and feel taht is a large part of harcore. I really do not belive anyone finished Hc inferno solo.

I did, soloing through the whole thing with 5 NV. Anyway, what's your vote? I'm counting that as A

10/04/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Keltest
E: because im a wuss who dies too much.

So your answer is "A". Please read my post :P

E) got a HC to 60 a long time ago and had no motivation to farm for an eternity to do inferno

So your answer is "C". That's the most similar to yours

Please read my OP guys :(
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 10/4/2012 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've started playing it, but the problem I already have with it is simple...if you're going to make death permanent, you'd better not kill me with server lag. Blizzard cannot promise that, so my motivation to play my hardcore character is not real high.

So... B, I guess
Edited by DeadMeat#1818 on 10/4/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
B
Reply Quote
I do not wish to loose 100h+ gameplay upon death.
Nor I trust my connection or blizzards servers.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Bottle
B) I don't trust my connection and/or Blizzard's server stability enough

10/04/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Bottle
E) Other
No offline mode.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Even though it's frowned upon to make poll threads, I can probably estimate 90% of your answers are going to be option B.
Even though it's frowned upon to make poll threads, I can probably estimate 90% of your answers are going to be option B.

That's my guess. But I want to see if that's the case.
Reply Quote
i rubberband and die in softcore occasionally
so B)
but would definitely do HC if that wasnt the case unfortunately time is time
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Drothvader
estimate 90% of your answers are going to be option B.

Yep B for me.
Reply Quote
I guess it's C) then

I started a Wizard and realized how downright boring it is to level, so I took a pause in Act 3 NM and never came back. I have no incentive to level whatsoever. My Wizard just exists because I don't even bother deleting him.
Edited by Karyoplasma#2840 on 10/4/2012 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Way back in the day om the precursor to Torchlight I played a game called Mythos. I had a HC Gadgeteer with a pre patch Dwarven Cannon with 40% chance to stun on it. That be like a perfectly rolled Manticore. Anyways I was really really low on HP and couldn't TP and had to fight through Zilvias Den level 2 or 3 with foes all over the place. I had no pots at all, was out of mana and about to die to these damn mummies coming. I was running around breaking boxes and opening chests. Suddenly a damn Barrel blew up in my face and killed me.

I nearly went blind
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]