Diablo® III

Anyone get by OK without LS or LoH?

And what your setup is? I just realized that my Skorn on my wizard would add 10k dmg to my WD, but it doesn't have LS.

Haven't really tried it out yet, but I'm thinking with appropriate skills and kiting method, life steal or life on hit could be trivialized?
Reply Quote
I don't use lifesteal or life on hit either.. Not that I have anything against it, but I don't think it's necessary.

Between healing journey and picking up health globes at a consistant rate, blowing up damage reflect pacts are the only thing that causes me any concern (Never used to, but I went from a pre Inferno nerf super defensive set to my current magic find set) but even still, if you're paying attention, by the time you deal enough damage to kill yourself there should be health globes on the board (+11.8k health globes on my gloves doesn't hurt utilizing them for my healing needs either)
Reply Quote
I use a some on my amulet but find that I don't really need it anymore. Soul harvest siphon, life regen and healing journey are more than enough for me
Reply Quote
you can get by without life on hit or life steal if you have enough DPS to kill before you get killed. Sorry for the over generalization but that's what it comes down to

Some details/examples

if you one shot all/most whites, then life steal/loh is irrelevant for whites (roughly 45k dps@1attack or less per second should be good)

Then the only real problem is elites with reflect, best way that I know of around this is to have jaunt and sv. You basically have 5 seconds to melt the pack which is plenty at 45k damage per cast

I think 1.05 changes this though since monster HP becomes much greater. May have to kite until Jaunt is up again before nuking away.

The final method I can think of is the sacrifice build that utilizes for the master rune with final gift on zombie dogs. But even that would have issues with reflect.
Edited by JookSingJai#1628 on 10/5/2012 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yessir. 1.04 is faceroll w/o it atm. We will see about 1.05
Reply Quote
I have no LS or LoH, it really sucks when you run into reflect dmg. otherwise I'm doing ok.
Reply Quote
Yes. Facerolling Act 3 with 0 LOH / LS.

2k+ regen is more than enough. Reflect dmg doesn't even hurt one bit.
Reply Quote

...how do you faceroll.... with 20k dps?
Reply Quote
Yessir. 1.04 is faceroll w/o it atm. We will see about 1.05

Yeah that's what I fear I'll need to do some expensive upgrades to either get LS, LoH, or some serious life regen gear.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 08:31 AMPosted by weesheng
You should be asking the same question on PTR to see the difference in responses.

Good call, evidently LS/Loh/Life regen are all needed to get through MP8+, ugh.
Reply Quote
I get by fine without it but If I'm not careful with reflect damage elites or if I meet reflect damage + horde and cast locust swarm pestilence and it crits on a few I will die FAST if I don't have spirit walk up. That's about it though. Otherwise I have no big issues. I have a few hundred loh but it's barely noticeable.
Reply Quote
Just use Horrify with frightening aspect for when you run into reflect mobs. Between that and spirit walk you will be fine.
Reply Quote

...how do you faceroll.... with 20k dps?

Very carefully.
Reply Quote
Right now I kill elites before reflect starts affecting me. If I want to play MP10, I will definitely have to do some re-gearing.
Reply Quote
I get by fine without it in 1.0.4, but I expect to have problems with higher MP levels in 1.0.5. My goal is to get a (roughly) comparable Skorn to what I have currently with 5+ LS. This will be very expensive though.

Here's what I do currently to help with lack of LoH/LS:
- I have higher health pool than average (and will increase further when I upgrade to Zuni helm)
- I have 641 LPS
- I use Blood Ritual, which currently adds an additional 522 LPS (total LPS = 1163)
- I use Zombie Dogs with Leeching Beasts rune
- I use Spirit Walk with Healing Journey rune (I would really like to use Jaunt, but need this for the extra heals)

I haven't played PTR, but I'm scratching my head as to what the fascination with MP 9 or 10 is. From what I've read (and seen on YouTube), MP 10 mobs have an incredible amount of health. I'm pretty confident that with or without Life-Steal, I would be able to clear MP 5 more than 2x faster than what I could clear MP 10 (I wouldn't be surprised if this is true of everyone). If I'm right, why would I ever go for MP 10 vs MP 5 (other than sheer challenge)?

I can see the case for fighting the uber bosses on MP 10 for guaranteed drop (but reflect damage isn't as big an issue with bosses).

Like I said though, I haven't played PTR, so I might just be talking out of my a$$.
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 10/5/2012 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The answer is 'no' for new patch, mp7+

That is, if you are intent on getting the ring quickly or not...
Reply Quote
reflect affix...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]