Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

This reminds me of acti-blizz top brass thinking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxFRgY46sJQ
Reply Quote
they will never learn.
Nerf good stuffs to the ground so everything is equally bad
they logic is that if everything is equally bad, then they are all equally good, and people would have nothing to compare bad things to.

well, here's something. you lost a lot of players.

Why not make everything good?
Sure it's harder... more difficult... more calculus, more stats, more coding....
O wait....
Reply Quote
so how will it scale now?

If my crit is 25k, then the proc should be more than 25k or higher.

people with end game gear and thousands of hours invested should not do 25k dmg procs.

people who put in the time and grind for the best gear and spend more hours than the average gamer should be allowed to be OP.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
It was actually a bug fix. The ring's proc damage was incorrectly scaling with a player's primary stats and weapon damage, which it was never designed to do. While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

With all respect, failing to realize two zeros is just absurd. If you had said 'we need to nerf it because we failed to realize it was overly powerful' is much better than your lame excuse.

Blizzard, when will you ever learn? You're multi millions dollars company but are making mistakes all over again.

No wonder your players are leaving you. No wonder my friend list is now nearly inactive.
Edited by zeroxxx#6198 on 10/6/2012 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It was actually a bug fix. The ring's proc damage was incorrectly scaling with a player's primary stats and weapon damage, which it was never designed to do. While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

The Hellfire Ring will still be valuable, though. It may not be as valuable to players who have reached Paragon 100 now that it doesn't deal buttloads of damage when it procs, but it will still be competitive. Given the nature of how the ring is crafted, it has the opportunity to roll with some pretty incredible stats, so one of the rings you create may be BiS for you. Then again, it may not, but that's a good reason to keep farming (if that's your thing).

As for players who are leveling Paragon, we're okay with Hellfire being BiS. Yes, it will help you level up faster, but even if you stack it with Leoric's Signet and a ruby gem in your helm, reaching 100 will still take a very long time. And, as you've illustrated, the ring probably won't be a "must-have" forever, at least not for everyone depending on the stats you roll.

I.E. what this guy said:

The Hellfire Ring can still be BiS, now you just need to rolls to do so. You already have High main stat....you just need the 4 randoms to roll trifecta. It will now take a LOT of farming to get BIS hellfire ring.

So your saying farm probably 100s of hours for a good hellfire ring....when now that all rings MP1 and up will roll 63 stats anyway? GG totally a great Idea. I'm going to get a bad 1 and use it for the only thing its good for.....xp
Reply Quote
i hope you change your mind, have procs scale with damage, somwhow, kind of makes sense to me. and even not just for the hellfire ring.
like any proc that deal single target dmg is set to deal 50-80%(depending on coefficient) weapon dmg. every proc that deal aoe dmg deal 30-50% weapon dmg(depending on coefficient). hellfire ring 100% weapon damage(or whatever other value u think it's reasonable for people to go after the trouble of actually farming for it).

check coefficients, set the weapon damage%. damage scales. sorted. Even if just for the hellfire ring leaving out all other legendaries really, that item is meant to be the endgame. make it worth it..

i'm also really expecting hellfire ring to be able to roll + block%. somehow i doubt it, and it really upset me. being a defensive style player.
Edited by Dumah#2134 on 10/6/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I love it. Bad players will be forced to continue farming like people who have more than 25k elite kills -- farming makes for better drops over time and allows you to upgrade via your own drops or through the AH.

Quit complaining. I'm probably more geared than anyone in this thread and this is the best possible outcome for players who want the challenge.
Reply Quote

The Hellfire Ring will still be valuable, though. It may not be as valuable to players who have reached Paragon 100 now that it doesn't deal buttloads of damage when it procs, but it will still be competitive. Given the nature of how the ring is crafted, it has the opportunity to roll with some pretty incredible stats, so one of the rings you create may be BiS for you. Then again, it may not, but that's a good reason to keep farming (if that's your thing).

As for players who are leveling Paragon, we're okay with Hellfire being BiS. Yes, it will help you level up faster, but even if you stack it with Leoric's Signet and a ruby gem in your helm, reaching 100 will still take a very long time. And, as you've illustrated, the ring probably won't be a "must-have" forever, at least not for everyone depending on the stats you roll.

I.E. what this guy said:

The Hellfire Ring can still be BiS, now you just need to rolls to do so. You already have High main stat....you just need the 4 randoms to roll trifecta. It will now take a LOT of farming to get BIS hellfire ring.

Then please CORRECTLY scale it, if its a leveling ring then at low levels it shouldnt do much dmg but in amazing gear it should be good enough to improve mp10 farming efficiency. That would help everyone, with your current change you help no one. Furthermore there is NO incentive now for plvl 100 or well geared players trying to do mp8+ and dont care about the exp bonus, meaning your new content is pointless for the vast majority of ppl who even care.

And you can hide behind a trifecta hellfire ring all you want, lylirra, but as a mathematician i can tell you the odds of rolling that are significantly lower than on a normal rare, so it is inefficient for trying to obtain a BiS ring, which frankly, you wont even allow to exist. In additon 200 int, for instance, is much less influencial on your overall dps at high levels than say, attack speed, cc and cd, given diminishing returns and passives like grusome feast or skills like soul harvest.

The answer is simple, whether or not you choose to ignore it is up to you, blizzard.

And fyi lylirra, you even said that exp boost doesnt even matter anyways, by basically saying with it AND leorics it will still take eternity. So please explain how farming for this ring will help anyone who invests in the time to farm it more than ONCE.
Reply Quote
The hellfire ring made MP10 do-able. I honestly think they should have just nerfed it for pvp.
Reply Quote
I love it. Bad players will be forced to continue farming like people who have more than 25k elite kills -- farming makes for better drops over time and allows you to upgrade via your own drops or through the AH.

Quit complaining. I'm probably more geared than anyone in this thread and this is the best possible outcome for players who want the challenge.

Because

A)I'm better geared than you and can tell you this change sucks.

B)Proper scaling is the answer, not a full blown nerf to everything it stood for.

There is a middle ground here that you are ignoring cause you frankly, dont get it. And please explain how this is best possible outcome for EVERYONE again?
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:55 PMPosted by gbarnachea
The hellfire ring made MP10 do-able. I honestly think they should have just nerfed it for pvp.

It was already doable for players like me. But hardly efficient and certainly not something I wanted to farm for. I want a challenge. You want easier access to the higher levels without actually working for it.
Reply Quote

Because

B)Proper scaling is the answer, not a full blown nerf to everything it stood for.

There is a middle ground here that you are ignoring cause you frankly, dont get it. And please explain how this is best possible outcome for EVERYONE again?

Because it forces you to actually farm instead of spending the majority of your times on the forums complaining about it.

The best players are the ones who have farmed or paid-to-play. If you don't want to pay, then play. If you got a life outside of the internet, you have no right to complain about the drops, the system, and/or the content when you don't have the elite kill count.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:56 PMPosted by acrimony

It was already doable for players like me. But hardly efficient and certainly not something I wanted to farm for. I want a challenge. You want easier access to the higher levels without actually working for it.

Yeah but then there ppl like me who deserve to be farming mp10, and are, but have no incentive to do so now.
Reply Quote

Because

Because it forces you to actually farm instead of spending the majority of your times on the forums complaining about it.

The best players are the ones who have farmed or paid-to-play. If you don't want to pay, then play. If you got a life outside of the internet, you have no right to complain about the drops, the system, and/or the content when you don't have the elite kill count.

Elite kill count has 0% to do with anything in this thread, i am farming acts in MP 10 and have gotten the ring b4. So apparently my opinion doesnt matter?

you realize you make no sense, right?
Reply Quote
Elite kill count has 0% to do with anything in this thread, i am farming acts in MP 10 and have gotten the ring b4. So apparently my opinion doesnt matter?

MP10 was supposed to be a gear check and a challenge when it was first announced. Farming elites means better gear over time.

Does that make sense to you or does it need to be drawn in crayons?

And for the record, judging by your elite counts, you are a paid to play player. Which is fine. But don't come into this thread saying there's no reason to farm MP10 when I out-DPS you, out EHP you, and can do a lot more than you can in MP10 and still find it a challenge.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
It was actually a bug fix.

Yeah... just like Trail of Cinders is a bug fix.

(rolls eyes) gimme a break... I guess they think all of us are morons
Reply Quote
remember when nether tentacles was a bug fix ? survived like 2 patches but then they realize it was bugged
Reply Quote

MP10 was supposed to be a gear check and a challenge when it was first announced. Farming elites means better gear over time.

And for the record, judging by your elite counts, you are a paid to play player. Which is fine. But don't come into this thread saying there's no reason to farm MP10 when I out-DPS you, out EHP you, and can do a lot more than you can in MP10 and still find it a challenge.

Rofl. Neither of those statement are true, idiot. I have more dps and more ehp but thanks for lying like blizzard. You are also cookie barb way to go. How much of that gear you farm for yourself? None?

I found talrasha ammy and sold it for 800m, 80% of my time is spent on AH. You have no idea how to efficiently get better gear. Please dont judge a book by its cover, you only look like a fool. Contiue to spin to win, thats fine with me, but dont come here and discount what i have to say with nonsense claims and insults.

Go to college and learn about this thing called arbitrage, or contiue to close your eyes, press one button ftw and think you are good.
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 10/6/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Rofl. Neither of those statement are true, idiot. I have more dps and more ehp but thanks for lying like blizzard.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/acrimony-1561/acrimony/4156386

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/sayga-1564/DrSEGA/2758819

Out EHP you by a mile (cute that you're using an amethyst) and judging by your DPS, it holds no ability to buff itself like the way Barbarians can -- and I'm not even in my proper gear for Bracers or jewellery.

I win. You lose. Cute WD though at least.

Edit: Rings in the AH, but here we go!

Edit #2: Get on my level.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 10/6/2012 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think for players like acrimony and myself who have spent a long time getting to the point where they are now, the hellfire ring nerf is much needed. If anyone can just spend 3-4 hours to get a single ring to farm inferno efficiently, it ruins the entire purpose of what dedicated players have spent countless hours to gear themselves for. There are still plenty of changes in 1.05 that I'm looking forward to, and hellfire rings will still have their uses. I do think all the bug fixes blizzard claims is a little silly (they're not all bugs,) but this time it's more acceptable because at least they're saying it's a bug while it's still in a TEST realm and hasn't translated over into an official patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]