Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

10/06/2012 02:16 PMPosted by DeeRyeUs
I think for players like acrimony and myself who have spent a long time getting to the point where they are now, the hellfire ring nerf is much needed. If anyone can just spend 3-4 hours to get a single ring to farm inferno efficiently, it ruins the entire purpose of what dedicated players have spent countless hours to gear themselves for. There are still plenty of changes in 1.05 that I'm looking forward to, and hellfire rings will still have their uses. I do think all the bug fixes blizzard claims is a little silly (they're not all bugs,) but this time it's more acceptable because at least they're saying it's a bug while it's still in a TEST realm and hasn't translated over into an official patch.

The fact that it's in the test realm cannot be understated. Well said.
Reply Quote
this is non sence...i dont care about ring nerf as long as u implement a worthy reward to motivate players to farm ubers..or just delete them right now...

this is dumb..why bother puting ubers if the reward is 0 or temporary...they are freking ubers...do something about reward...

i really believe that from all slots on a char a best END GAME item should come from ubers...we dont need op 5 mil dps stuff...but we need best item in slot from ubers...think god damn it thats why u prolly get insane salalry...incompetence at high lvl!!!

ps: test server is no escuse...u cant put a 5 mil dps item and then nerf it 99%
the feedback is what...reaction of crowd ? thats your feedback?...if so just make some polls and instal that...u cant throw random numbers when u develop a game...simple as that
Edited by Scar#2136 on 10/6/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
this is non sence...i dont care about ring nerf as long as u implement a worthy reward to motivate players to farm ubers..or just delete them right now...

this is dumb..why bother puting ubers if the reward is 0 or temporary...they are freking ubers...do something about reward...

i really believe that from all slots on a char a best END GAME item should come from ubers...we dont need op 5 mil dps stuff...but we need best item in slot from ubers...think god damn it thats why u prolly get insane salalry...incompetence at high lvl!!!

ps: test server is no escuse...u cant put a 5 mil dps item and then nerf it 99%
the feedback is what...reaction of crowd ? thats your feedback?...if so just make some polls and instal that...u cant throw random numbers when u develop a game...simple as that

+1. Well said.
Reply Quote
God forbid the advertised design philosophy of feeling overpowered come true. The game still sounds boring. See you next patch!
Reply Quote
You people complaining about this ring are complete morons. You were probably all the same people who rolled a DH at the beginning of the game due to the fact that attack speed was insanely OP. Balance is needed. There is a reason this was on PTR. It was being TESTED. Anyone who farmed this ring because of a 1 million damage proc... come on... use your head, no other legendaries come close to this damage. This ring is a reward which is 100% attainable, Which would make it a requirement for EVERYONE to get if it was kept the same. It was a bug, and it was fixed. Get over it.
Reply Quote
This is why I wasn't that excited about the ubers. I already knew the crafted ring was going going to be extremely painful to get 4 uber random rolls so there really was no incentive for me to farm ubers. I didn't even know about the awesome bugged proc it had as if there was anything that came out of the PTR...was probably not going to be there for release.

If anything all it is, is a free buffed leorics ring that will save me 60-80M.

BUT it's okay guys, we have 1.0.5 jewelry buffs. I guess that will keep some of us entertained for a perfect rolled trifecta.
Edited by Dragus#1935 on 10/6/2012 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Helltrix
You people complaining about this ring are complete morons. You were probably all the same people who rolled a DH at the beginning of the game due to the fact that attack speed was insanely OP. Balance is needed. There is a reason this was on PTR. It was being TESTED. Anyone who farmed this ring because of a 1 million damage proc... come on... use your head, no other legendaries come close to this damage. This ring is a reward which is 100% attainable, Which would make it a requirement for EVERYONE to get if it was kept the same. It was a bug, and it was fixed. Get over it.

Saltzman, we told you not to post on the forums. Your job is to Push patches to the PTR when Wyatt is out sick, and test the changes we make to Wizard spell proc coefficients on your level 14 Wizard who doesn't have all the runes yet... Not post on the forums.
Reply Quote
Wtf, >50k DPS noobs trying to exploit this ring and do massive damage. Go get some good gear, buy your gold/hack or whatever you young noobsters gotta do. You sound like my X girl friend with all this !@#$%in. but but but i cant kill anything past MP1, then go play faching play checkers.
Reply Quote
Solitaire might be better, it is easier to beat and you don't need a hellfire ring.
Reply Quote
its because the geard barbs was destroying mp10 ubers ez rofl.. most likely
Reply Quote
You guys are forgetting you are playing Auction House 2012 , diablo 3 is just minigame xD
Reply Quote
@Revan,

Thank you for reminding me, i shall now go back to my AH and watch over my bids, in case some forms of trolls come stealing my items at the last min.

Ouch...
Reply Quote
Proc nerf aside, wouldn't it be cool if we could choose +Dmg to Elites instead of +Experience?
Reply Quote
I dont know will someone read this topic after. But i should to say it.

U just need to scale proc of ring in Monster Power. It's will be good way to dont do it OP in MP1. and dont do it useless in MP10. Monsters HP in MP10 is so huge, so it will not give extra power to nobody. Just do game little faster. One of the way to do it is binding it to Monter's HP

Random proc afixes is not good enough to farm it in MP10.U need do too much to have it to youself. It just a rare ring with 170 dex. Most of people just take one to 35% exp bunus(if they really need it) and come back to MP1-5 for ever.

I WANT TO PLAY MP10. It was best game experience in all game. But if I do not have enough award, it will make no sense.
Reply Quote
They should make it always roll CC, IAS, or CD. Problem solved. With the high main stat + one of these, the ring will always be good. If you hit another one of these in your random, then it is great, and all 3 would make it mind blowingly amazing.
Reply Quote
Ring comes out
Everybody who can will be farming it
Auction house will get flooded
Prices drop
Everybody who can't farm it but has some money will buy it
No point in the Infernal machine anymore

Nerfed or not, since there is the Auction House there is no point except the Ring is Account-Bound. (Maybe it is, idk....I am not really following everything)
Reply Quote

U just need to scale proc of ring in Monster Power. It's will be good way to dont do it OP in MP1. and dont do it useless in MP10. Monsters HP in MP10 is so huge, so it will not give extra power to nobody. Just do game little faster. One of the way to do it is binding it to Monter's HP

Random proc afixes is not good enough to farm it in MP10.U need do too much to have it to youself. It just a rare ring with 170 dex. Most of people just take one to 35% exp bunus(if they really need it) and come back to MP1-5 for ever.

I WANT TO PLAY MP10. It was best game experience in all game. But if I do not have enough award, it will make no sense.

+1

This is what needs to happen.
Reply Quote
I love it. Bad players will be forced to continue farming like people who have more than 25k elite kills -- farming makes for better drops over time and allows you to upgrade via your own drops or through the AH.

Quit complaining. I'm probably more geared than anyone in this thread and this is the best possible outcome for players who want the challenge.

Pretty sure you missed the whole point but ok.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]