Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

A 100k damage proc isnt better ummm k yeah what the f are you smoking, when i already have no issues surviving mp10 a ring you can swap between chars and help paragon level everyone isnt endgame biggest bunch of babies ive ever seen, this proc is very very strong try it, even after the bug fix. If you think 30-40 vit is worth more then a 100k dmg proc that goes off rather frequently on the ptr, and still after the fix you iz insane.
Reply Quote
Everyone saying the Hellfire ring is still "awesome" after the nerf is either oblivious to the amount of time needed to get it, or just plain retarded.

1. you need to get the keys. 3 of them. if you're NOT playing MP7 or higher, you'll probably get the keys in 2 days.

play it on MP 10 and you get it in 2 hours. thats at MP 10.

2. now you have to open the portals, 3 keys = 1 infernal machine = 1 RANDOM PORTAL. There are 3 different portals, so the best way to go is get 3 infernal machines(9 KEYS!) and open them all at the same time or until you get the portal that you need. why? because you only get a specific organ in one specific portal.

so 9 keys at MP 10 would be around 5-7 hours give or take

3.now you need to kill 2 uber bosses in EACH portal(only 2nd boss kill drops loot). Again If you're NOT PLAYING MP10,or at least 6 or 7, the chances that you'll get an organ is pathetic.

4.ok so let's say you spent a WEEK on this, finally getting all 3 organs. now its time to make your ring.

op 1 : 11% Crowd Control Reduction
op 2: 35% Arcane resist /poison/cold/elec(take your pick)
op 3 : 7% Pickup radius
op 4 : 200 life after kill.

AWESOME?
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
It was actually a bug fix

if its really true, then blizzard made a very stupid mistake,
if this so called bug wasnt in the patch in the first place, players might accept 1.05 easily,now they give such a high expectation which has been destroyed on Thursday,
this is truly a mess, it might need another 2 weeks to clear the mess before 1.0.5.
Reply Quote
If this thread doesn't brilliantly expose cry-babies for what they are... there is no hope.

Can NOT wait to play with this ring (with or without crappy stats) and my 4.0+ attack speed Monk!
Reply Quote
If this thread doesn't brilliantly expose cry-babies for what they are... there is no hope.

Can NOT wait to play with this ring (with or without crappy stats) and my 4.0+ attack speed Monk!

*facepalm*
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Osirisis
A 100k damage proc isnt better ummm k yeah what the f are you smoking, when i already have no issues surviving mp10 a ring you can swap between chars and help paragon level everyone isnt endgame biggest bunch of babies ive ever seen, this proc is very very strong try it, even after the bug fix. If you think 30-40 vit is worth more then a 100k dmg proc that goes off rather frequently on the ptr, and still after the fix you iz insane.

Seriously dude? 100k and i crit over 2 mill. And your gear is just as good as mine.

What are YOU smoking.

Endgame should be farming mp10 as fast as possible. Currently, the ring does not help you do that AT ALL. What don't you understand? Not everyone wants to farm endlessly with nothing to show for it after hours of farming even with 375mf. Or have 200 exp bonus. Or carry some dudes.

It's a joke, just like your comment. and just like the 'fix' itself..

There is middle ground here, you're just ignoring it, just like they did.

This, coming from someone who can farm mp10 just fine, without needing the ring.
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 10/6/2012 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the ring can still be decent...mainly because of the exp bonus more than anything else....

BUT

25k procs are ABSOLUTELY pointless....I'd rather have something like 10 yard pickup radius than 25k procs.....

Good job blizzard...much like your "factor of 4 increase" that was followed by a stealth legendary drop rate nerf...

You come up with an idea...realize it wasn't actually tested (I dont know...MAYBE TEST ideas first so you don't keep coming up with this problem????)...and then you knee jerk over react and completely destroy the benefit/fun/positive that your idea was actually creating.

You've now nerfed the only compelling reason for doing the Infernal Machine runs.

It's simply amazing how little thought is put into changes at this point....the ring was OP...but nerfing it by 95% is pretty much just retarded and again only reflects how little you guys actually understand your own game.
Edited by Honch#1396 on 10/6/2012 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Completely agree with the original poster. No reason to farm for this ring if yours are already good. If it stays like this I'd kill the ubers once just to show that I can and that'll be it. It was exciting when the ring was actually good..
Reply Quote
the ring can still be decent...mainly because of the exp bonus more than anything else....

BUT

25k procs are ABSOLUTELY pointless....I'd rather have something like 10 yard pickup radius than 25k procs.....

Good job blizzard...much like your "factor of 4 increase" that was followed by a stealth legendary drop rate nerf...

You come up with an idea...realize it wasn't actually tested (I dont know...MAYBE TEST ideas first so you don't keep coming up with this problem????)...and then you knee jerk over react and completely destroy the benefit/fun/positive that your idea was actually creating.

You've now nerfed the only compelling reason for doing the Infernal Machine runs.

It's simply amazing how little thought is put into changes at this point....the ring was OP...but nerfing it by 95% is pretty much just retarded and again only reflects how little you guys actually understand your own game.

+1
Reply Quote
You should make the ring damage scale with an off stat. If the ring has strength, it's damage scales with Dex, Dex scales with Int, and Int scales with St again. Reward people for adding in a bit of an off stat for their character.
Reply Quote
See this video for the truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnH82KALOEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Reply Quote
i hate how blizz built up hope for the fans and then just opppsie you been tricked, it is a bug~
if they made a mistake, a bug, or anything, how hard it is to tweak the number in the test server within couple hrs / days?
it's been weeks if not months that fans are expecting something uber but now...
can't get anymore frustrated ......
Reply Quote
One Ring To Rule Them All :D
Blizz plz Redo the Nerf .. It Will Be worth Playing :D
Reply Quote
See this video for the truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnH82KALOEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

lol, legendary proc got blocked.
Reply Quote
cry more please, remember d2 Uber Tristram? take years to get a 20/20 PTorch, having a Gfg hellfire ring in the next months is not what Blizzard wants, they always !@#$ it up
Reply Quote
I am sorry but anyone who thinks that ring was fine before the fix is a moron. to many gamers now adays feel they should have some godly item that should enable them to one shot anything. good job blizzard for fixing the damn ring and screw the whiners.
Reply Quote

Sorry buddy but this is not an expose of cry babies then rather a valid point that this ring is actually not for nothing account bound and an "endgame item" that should make it possible to farm actually higher then mp 7 in a decent rate ;).

Now this ring is useless thanks to the so called bug we have with its damage procs which were the only thing that made this ring stand out from all the others apart of being account bound.

The ring is not only useless but the time is as well in getting it and thats why we are at square one again ... . Nothing has actually changed and if 1.05 goes live sooner or later everyone will go back to its routine of farming act iii or iv depending on mp lvl with exception of well geared barbs that will farm mp 10 only ... .

Congratulations for a long PTR time that has brought actually nothing with exception of class nerfs and destroying nearly a whole class (wiz) on its own and severly punishing others for "being effective" (monks) ... .

Like i said the ring is an endgame item just because of its proc and not because of being able to also be a tri-fecta as you will get those stats more reasonably on other rings ... so the hellfire ring does not need this stats necessarily but now its just another useless legendary ring that has a proc that is worthless when fighting champs and mobs that have combined 100s of millions of hp ... .

For Blizzard this means "Mission Accomplished" more people at the ahs (especially the RMAH to keep up) while effectivly using minimum workload for it (using existing textures for ubers and already existing level designs ;) ) ... i really must say that Blizzard is very efficient in not only creating "new content" but also making it sell to the mass as if its the best new things that you would not want to miss out :P ;). They are really good!

10/06/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Rezerection
I am sorry but anyone who thinks that ring was fine before the fix is a moron. to many gamers now adays feel they should have some godly item that should enable them to one shot anything. good job blizzard for fixing the damn ring and screw the whiners.

Well too bad that we play an Action-oriented "fast-paced" (at mp 10 REALLY!?) Role Playing game that should give you a reward at a feasible amount of time invested in it ... but if you like that your live resolves all around this game and you actually love to farm for half of your life to get your char up to the level until Blizzard thinks in a blink of an eye with just ONE patch (if you ever get that good in this timeframe cause of Blizzard constant changes without touching the RMAH always ;) ) "ahh screw it we invent new things and invalidate the old things or even better we simply nerf the classes ... its faster ;)" then have fun buddy ;).
Edited by Merlin#1937 on 10/6/2012 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Rezerection

And anyone who thinks its fine now is a moron too. Whats your point?

And it one shot stuff in mp3, not mp10 dumbass. But you wouldnt know that cause your not farming anything in mp10, are you? You even on ptr? Did you get the ring? By your reaction the answer to those questions is obviously no.
Reply Quote
yup it's a bug fix like toc damage nerf was a bug fix lol.
Reply Quote
old hellfire ring is way OP millions of damage man lol you really wanna 1 shot everything that easy don't you? you know thats gonna get nerfed down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]