Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

The ring will be rolling out stats that you would routinely pay millions for on the AH... and yet somehow this ring won't be worth the time to get......gtfo

The only valid complaints, I guess.....are the credit card fan boys that will just purchase the BIS ring making the effort to to do ubers pointless.......hmm...lota credit card fan boys it looks like...

on MP1+ all rings will be iLVL63. While these rings dont have the exp bonus they do have 4-6random rolls just like the hellfire ring. Finding a rare ring is much easier then getting the hellfire ring. The exp bonus alone is not worth the effort

Most of us here have found hundreds maybe thousands of rare rings and how many of those had the right combination of stats?

Not a single one on my end. I cant believe she speaks as if a trifecta has any reasonable chance to roll with only 4 chances.

I'm a f'ing mathematician - thats makes no sense.
Reply Quote
Lylirra and Blizzard, its fine that it was a bug and this is a bug fix. That makes sense. The problem is that neither you nor anybody else from Blizzard said anything the whole time it was acting like that. People were thinking this was a revolutionary ring and getting hyped up for the uber-boss farm. They were making builds to take advantage of the hellfire proc. There were videos about how this was the best ring and going to be important to get. And then out of nowhere you just destroy everything everybody had been getting excited for with no warning whatsoever.

You had plenty of time to tell everybody that it was a bug and going to be fixed. Then people would be disappointed but it'd be perfectly understandable as that's exactly why you have a ptr to fix those bugs. It'd even be helpful for people deciding how to spend their time as maybe they'd want to spend more time to try to get this one time chance to launch multi-million damage fireballs.

Instead you never said anything and just let people work under the false assumption that this was the ring. You didn't even say anything in the patch notes when you fixed it. Are you trying to piss off your fanbase? Did you delight in imagining the first guy who farms the ring again staring in befuddlement that then turns to anger when he realized the fireballs are now firecrackers? Cause if so, bravo, I don't see how you could do better. There are plenty of times that your fanbase can be a bit overly quick to rage, but this is not one of them. This was a gross lack of communication from Blizzard to the players on this and any rage directed at Blizzard is deserved. All you had to do is make one sticky post that the hellfire proc is bugged and yet for whatever reason you decided to stay silent. I honestly have no idea what is going on over there for such an either incompetent or malicious omission to occur.

PS: Weighing in on the new ring farm, It seems worth getting one for the xp bonus if you've got a lot of paragon left. Otherwise it does not seem remotely worth doing the uber-boss farm as random rings can now roll just as well and you can farm them much faster and you can sell them. This is why it didn't seem instantly unreasonable for the hellfire proc to be huge, because the farm to get the ring is pretty huge and the un-tradable nature made it seem like it must be something particularly powerful. Now the only thing impressive about it is the xp bonus. I agree with the OP that the hellfire ring was a cool end game, and now I don't see why you'd even do it at all if you're level 100.

This sort of bureaucracy at activision's the sort of thing that ruined such a great company like Blizzard.

It used to be a company of gamers that made games for gamers.

Now it's run by businessmen trying to make money off casual scrubs.

Some of the things they do are just downright insulting.

This coupled with ME3 are probably what gets me feeling that the game industry is done for and that the golden era for it is over.
Reply Quote
It was actually a bug fix.

Not buying the whole bug fix thing.

They just need to admit they thought it was overpowered. Nothing wrong with that it probably was, but the bug fix excuse is getting old. Just like NT was a bug that didn't get fixed until after 1.03 or the TOC bug that they let slip through and even posted the bugs damage in the patch notes and the tooltips.

Just come clean stop calling nerfs bug fixes. Be honest it was overpowered and so was TOC. Admit you made a mistake we aren't stupid. It would also be nice if you admit you made mistakes when you overnerf like NT and rebuff. I'm not sure they have the honesty to admit mistakes and that bothers me.
Edited by Giggler#1164 on 10/5/2012 11:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

The hellfire ring CAN'T be BIS based on the stats. a 6 mod ring can roll better. All you get with hellfire is a guaranteed primary stat roll...

And why bother going to the effort to farm 15-20 hellfire rings when you can just buy something that's closer to BIS on the AH?

You guys completely eliminated the whole purpose of doing Ubers. The reason it worked in D2 was because it dropped a super good "must have" item that everyone wanted. Now Hellfire ring is just good for people who are leveling or undergeared in general. :/

This.

Farming for the Hellfire was going to be awesome. too much nerf made it stupid. I'm a strong supporter of this game, but this move made me think twice, I guess The game really IS AH tycoon 3.
Reply Quote
Well I think pretty much everyone of you expected this. A ring with 3 mil dm per proc is really, really OP. I knew this was gonna get fixed so I just enjoyed it while it lasted. But the fix may be to much. THe proc should be at least equal the the amount of dm you do.
Reply Quote
It was actually a bug fix. The ring's proc damage was incorrectly scaling with a player's primary stats and weapon damage, which it was never designed to do. While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

The Hellfire Ring will still be valuable, though. It may not be as valuable to players who have reached Paragon 100 now that it doesn't deal buttloads of damage when it procs, but it will still be competitive. Given the nature of how the ring is crafted, it has the opportunity to roll with some pretty incredible stats, so one of the rings you create may be BiS for you. Then again, it may not, but that's a good reason to keep farming (if that's your thing).

As for players who are leveling Paragon, we're okay with Hellfire being BiS. Yes, it will help you level up faster, but even if you stack it with Leoric's Signet and a ruby gem in your helm, reaching 100 will still take a very long time. And, as you've illustrated, the ring probably won't be a "must-have" forever, at least not for everyone depending on the stats you roll.

I.E. what this guy said:

The Hellfire Ring can still be BiS, now you just need to rolls to do so. You already have High main stat....you just need the 4 randoms to roll trifecta. It will now take a LOT of farming to get BIS hellfire ring.

HAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH
AGAIN AND AGAIN.. "BUG FIX"..

Besides the time it takes to get the meterials and stuff it's not worth farming this ring.
And rings can roll i63 affixes now so why would anyone take the time to farm this?

GG, I really thought Blizz would listen to the community for ones.. Probably not.
Reply Quote
It was actually a bug fix. The ring's proc damage was incorrectly scaling with a player's primary stats and weapon damage, which it was never designed to do. While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

The Hellfire Ring will still be valuable, though. It may not be as valuable to players who have reached Paragon 100 now that it doesn't deal buttloads of damage when it procs, but it will still be competitive. Given the nature of how the ring is crafted, it has the opportunity to roll with some pretty incredible stats, so one of the rings you create may be BiS for you. Then again, it may not, but that's a good reason to keep farming (if that's your thing).

As for players who are leveling Paragon, we're okay with Hellfire being BiS. Yes, it will help you level up faster, but even if you stack it with Leoric's Signet and a ruby gem in your helm, reaching 100 will still take a very long time. And, as you've illustrated, the ring probably won't be a "must-have" forever, at least not for everyone depending on the stats you roll.

I.E. what this guy said:

The Hellfire Ring can still be BiS, now you just need to rolls to do so. You already have High main stat....you just need the 4 randoms to roll trifecta. It will now take a LOT of farming to get BIS hellfire ring.

Is it the same kind of bug fix as ToC , where it actually does exactly what you guys said it would? But will call it a bug instead of bad testing or design. I have had to stop my son from reading these Blue posts after the post made about ToC. Hard to explain to a new teenager the reasons he should be an honest person when even at the age of 13 he picks out the dishonesty and spin in some of these posts.

Myself I do not believe it any more when Bliz says it is a bug. Not 100% sure on the Hellfire ring but if it is not going to be attractive to those at Para level 100 then why have it as a reward? Just admit it is more powerful than you imagined it would be. Most likely just like ToC because of improper testing if any was done at all, before handing it off to the players. And Blizzard does not have the talent available to come up with a suitable replacement in time for 1.05 to go live.

The truth will set you free.

P.S. I cant see why the Hellfire ring would be a must have for anyone. Saying that even with both rings HF and Leorics that it will still take a long time to reach cap is just more BS. Plvl 40 here and have not used Leorics or a Ruby gem in helm. Yes my profile shows a lot of hours but those are in game hours not played. As i take care of my kids and the house I am constantly away from my puter so maybe a half of those I have actually played. So yea completely Garbage reward for what it takes to get it. OMG it can roll a tri just like other rings can? How many players have managed to roll a Tri?

Lastly aren't the CM's getting tired of constantly feeding us BS and trying to convince us it is Chocolate Cake instead?
Edited by Stoneslammer#1524 on 10/5/2012 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just want to add one more thing. One of the biggest problems with D3 so far has been lack of rewards. New content is great, but it has to be rewarding.

I played WoW for several years and I know this isn't an MMO, but I didn't run Molten Core and Ony 100 times because it was so much fun, then run BWL 50 times for fun, to eventually move on to AQ and Naxx. I did it because the rewards were worth it. Also because it gave me an advantage in PvP, which hasn't even been released in D3 yet.

I know this game is different from an MMO, but Infernal Machines needs rewards equal to the effort required to complete them. Right now I'm not sure farming for a perfect hellfire ring is worth the grind. There is nothing wrong with a grind in a game it just need to be worth it.
Reply Quote
And if anyone tells you it worth it... they are lying.
Reply Quote
It's gonna be so awesome to farm for the hellfire for 3 days and get

op 1 : CCR
op 2: Arcane resist /poison/cold/elec(take your pick)
op 3 : Pickup radius
op 4 : 200 life after kill.

I'm sure everyone will have fun with that.
Reply Quote

I.E. what this guy said:

99.5% damage nerf
Reply Quote
God damnit the ring should have a proc that does like 3 times the amount of damage u do not some crappy dps damnit! This ring is now worthless no matter what u say !@#$ sake! BLizzard have to really wake up cant they see people leaving the game already? -.-
Reply Quote

I.E. what this guy said:

If you make the drops "more common" or even 100% at 5 stacks the farming for the perfect ring wont seem so bad. But having the drops of all the quest parts more so the one's from the boss's being rare make the idea of farming for the BiS ring seem dreadfull.

Increase the drop rates
Reply Quote
"Given the nature of how the ring is crafted, it has the opportunity to roll with some pretty incredible stats, so one of the rings you create may be BiS for you."

Why the !@#$.... would I spend days if not weeks farming one of these rings when a rare could roll BETTER stats. The ring is trash, 99% of them won't even be worth wearing for the extra exp, so why make them so damned hard to get?

OP is correct, Infernal Machine is HORRIBLE endgame content, the drops from defeating 2 uber bosses aren't even more worth it than farming act 3.

You have failed. There are two VERY popular FPS games releasing VERY soon, expect to see extreme population loss.

EDIT: In fact, upon thinking more clearly about it.... by the time you roll a ring DECENT enough to replace one of your rings (think about it, who is farming the rings? people with extremely good gear already), the extra exp increase will NOT be worth it, because if you had spent the time paragon farming instead of key farming, you would've been much better off.
Edited by Abel#1227 on 10/6/2012 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I seriously doubt a single blizzard employee even plays this game
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Freudian
Haven't you guys learned how unrewarding items with lots of random affixes are in this game? For every great Hellfire Ring, you'll have 1000 crap ones.

You meant 1000000 crap ones right?
Reply Quote
As a DH player, every ability that I loved was called a bug, NT, then ToC, now ring is called bug.. Looks like hungering arrow is next to be called bug. It's so weird that only things I love in this game was bug, make me think that fun in this game is a bug. This game still give us some fun - Blizz fix it pls.
Edited by Cybermind#2881 on 10/6/2012 12:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Corruption
the ring sucks. only reason i can find use for is to throw one on my follower. after i get one for each one of my characters followers theres no reason to get them.
Reply Quote

If that's your thing? What other thing is there with no PvP...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]