Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

10/05/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Uberjager
This coupled with ME3 are probably what gets me feeling that the game industry is done for and that the golden era for it is over.

Squaresoft gave us Final Fantasy 7 ------------> square enix

Blizzard gave us Starcraft and Diablo -------------> Diablo 3

Bungie gave us Halo -------------> Reach

Nintendo gave us Mario --------------> Mario Sunshine

Need I say more? Maybe were just getting older and growing out of games?

Either way fix your damn game blizzard

Make me eat my words
Reply Quote
FUK YOU BLIZZARD!
Reply Quote
It was actually a bug fix.

Not buying the whole bug fix thing.

The trick they always play is giving us something great first then saying it is a bug fix.
You guys are really bad at lying.
Edited by Chen#1289 on 10/6/2012 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ok blizz, I don't usually post in this kind of thread... actually, I've never did.. But now I feel that I need to give my opinion here...

The ring procs actually felt end-gameish. I don't know if you guys are actually aware of the time that's needed to farm the ring and, on top of it all, get good rolls... It's annoying that you nerfed it, even before it went live... I know that it was in "beta" stage, but it actually felt good; it actually was worth the time it took to farm it... now, as other players stated, it feels like any other ring, and I don't know if it's worth it...

Please consider buffing the damage a bit, I dunno, maybe getting it to hit for 1m dps...
Reply Quote
Lylirra, can you please tell the developers that they suck at what they do? Thanks.
Edited by WytMinority4#1871 on 10/6/2012 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Leave it as it is. But, have the damage scale with MP level/pvp. -- Fixed. You're Welcome.
Reply Quote
if they at least put crit chance 6% as fixed affix there would be chance to get good ones...but to roll good one without crit chance 6 will be like farming nowadays
Reply Quote
Old proc (or atleast quater of it) + chance of trifecta was the thing that would make us farm monthes for this ring, and it would be a real goal, that would be something to do in this game. That was chance to change in good direction for d3, not like going that way to nowhere like now.

I was knew what to do in few next monthes, now I don't know again and thinking to stop playing, simply cuz it's nothing to do, no good aim in game at this moment.
Edited by Cybermind#2881 on 10/6/2012 1:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so let me get this straight here

everyone complained they wanted a challenge and harder monsters? yes

so MP10 comes out massive health pools decent damage out put but still farmable for some players with already great gear? yes

then hellfire ring is found and its attack does massive damage makes mp10 super easy? yes

no one complains that mp10 is much easier with hellfire ring because they have a uber item finally? yes

so in general you want things to be super hard but you want uber items that make it super easy again? yes

couldnt we have just stuck with plain easy current inferno or better yet 1.0.5 inferno mp0 ? yes

that way all our items seem like the "bugged" hellfire ring and are uber powered? yes!

no matter what you do blizzard there will always be cry babies here on forums please stop catering to them! it is your game you made it, if they dont like it they can leave.. yes!
Edited by FiSH#1988 on 10/6/2012 1:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How often is it procing right now?

I think that since it is extremely strong a chance of 1 or 2% would be great, would still be a good ring to look forward.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 08:38 PMPosted by iwonsch
hellfire ring doesnt interest me at all but if it was a charm it would be a must have.

I can agree I liked charms because it was just extra an worth the waste. They should make a charm bag slot tab connected to your inventory (so it doesn't take up space) of original inventory making. which a whole 30-100 diff random charms we can start finding in the game from ubers an other stuff as well with this being one of them. If its charm then its never worthless just extra and we can keep our slot rings which we want to wear for something else. I know for my instance I wanted to take the gem out of my helmet but since I'm leveling It would hurt my exp. This goes same for hellfire ring it will feel like a new mandatory item to have. an we really want more stuff to have an play with not another mandatory slot. Need more options not less at this point.

Charm bag slots can be upgraded in higher paragon levels, certain paragon marker levels or by doing uber unlocks etc as quest or something kinda like the skill quest from d2. charm bag slot quest ;). the new charms in d3 better than d2 charms would be fun lol. I wanna see a video of all these awesome charms expanding to the screen zooming it glowing because some legendary charms get slow ice, procs that can be added to our damage or new stuff.
Reply Quote
lol 25k damage
Reply Quote
It was actually a bug fix. The ring's proc damage was incorrectly scaling with a player's primary stats and weapon damage, which it was never designed to do. While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

The Hellfire Ring will still be valuable, though. It may not be as valuable to players who have reached Paragon 100 now that it doesn't deal buttloads of damage when it procs, but it will still be competitive. Given the nature of how the ring is crafted, it has the opportunity to roll with some pretty incredible stats, so one of the rings you create may be BiS for you. Then again, it may not, but that's a good reason to keep farming (if that's your thing).

As for players who are leveling Paragon, we're okay with Hellfire being BiS. Yes, it will help you level up faster, but even if you stack it with Leoric's Signet and a ruby gem in your helm, reaching 100 will still take a very long time. And, as you've illustrated, the ring probably won't be a "must-have" forever, at least not for everyone depending on the stats you roll.

I.E. what this guy said:

The Hellfire Ring can still be BiS, now you just need to rolls to do so. You already have High main stat....you just need the 4 randoms to roll trifecta. It will now take a LOT of farming to get BIS hellfire ring.

Enough with "bug fix" excuses. Instead of nerfing it straight up, developers could've made it so that it scales differently based on monster level. I agree that it's OP in lower monster lvls, but the proc dmg is perfectly fine in lvls 8-10 since monsters have an insane amount of HP. All these nerfs amaze me how much creativity this development team lacks.
Reply Quote
All legendary procs should scale with gear/stats, what is fun with a cosmetic proc? Just lower the procchance instead and make them fun. I should think "ohh damn, that is cool" every time a legendary procs its effect. Better to happen fewer times but be usefull than often and useless.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
It was actually a bug fix. The ring's proc damage was incorrectly scaling with a player's primary stats and weapon damage, which it was never designed to do. While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

Incorrect Sever procs doing millions of damage in a single hit.
Reply Quote
Instead of raging people should suggest a mid term for this ring, it was way too strong, everybody would use it no matter the rolls, but if Blizzard find a mid term that is not op but still good, players may even try builds around it.
Reply Quote
I just cant get what all of you are complaining about, u dont like the ring, so dont farm for it.

Blizz give us a chance to get a godly ring for 100%. All you need to do, is to find a good farming route for the 3 acts and kill the keyholder after each run (takes 5 min more). You can farm now ALL 3 acts with the same loot, instead of farming A3 for 100500 times, thats even the best improvement, the Key-mobs are just a bonus, u dont have to kill them, but you can, if you like to craft the ring.

And I personaly dont like to switch my gear if I see a reflect damage elite, so 100k fits perfekt, u get a small bonus, thats all.

Like the change
Reply Quote
Nerfed too far. It's hard to get (unless your gear is already godly). Granted it was OP in the first test run. But make it worth the effort. Let it be something that really feels like an accomplishment.
Reply Quote

The Hellfire Ring will still be valuable, though. It may not be as valuable to players who have reached Paragon 100 now that it doesn't deal buttloads of damage when it procs, but it will still be competitive. Given the nature of how the ring is crafted, it has the opportunity to roll with some pretty incredible stats, so one of the rings you create may be BiS for you. Then again, it may not, but that's a good reason to keep farming (if that's your thing).

As for players who are leveling Paragon, we're okay with Hellfire being BiS. Yes, it will help you level up faster, but even if you stack it with Leoric's Signet and a ruby gem in your helm, reaching 100 will still take a very long time. And, as you've illustrated, the ring probably won't be a "must-have" forever, at least not for everyone depending on the stats you roll.

I.E. what this guy said:

The Hellfire Ring can still be BiS, now you just need to rolls to do so. You already have High main stat....you just need the 4 randoms to roll trifecta. It will now take a LOT of farming to get BIS hellfire ring.

Sadly to hear that. I still think the Hellfire ring is the best thing of 1.0.5, including the whole quest to make it. But nerf it (or fix it if you like) in this way is not a very clever move, like all your other class skills changes, simply fix the damage or decrease the chance of some ability may leave a bad feeling to players: you guys are absent-minded with class balance and bug fix.

I think there could be more ways to make it very human. Like the whole Hellfire ring things, all you don't want to see is "characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way", but it's still a very important reward of your first legendary quest, so how to balance it, not very imba but still very attractive, that's the problem. Nerf the damage is OK, but we can find some more attractive points to seduce players make it. I have some suggestions maybe can give you some hints.

1.The Hellfire Ring has four random attributes, considering the great damage of fire ball it was OK in the past but now it is not OK as fire ball sucks and other legendary rings have more random attributes. I'm playing a WD so I need vitality, resistance to all elements, hit adds life, critical hit chance, critical hit damage and so on. Four random attributes are far more enough, maybe you can give us 5-7 and that will represent the value of the ring and also make players to do the task again and again.

2.Maybe you think 5-7 random attributes+fire ball are IMBA, you may consider to give some special attributes like damage convert to life, movement speed, pick up yards, damage against elites and so on, that other rings don't have chance to make it. Even more give some classic rewards like more mana or rage, or some classic skill reinforcement like reduce CD or something but the ring should be better made in hero classes. We can call it "Hellfire - Condemnation Of Unformed Land" or "Hellfire - Vengeance Of Night Stalker" and so on。 That's really cooooooool.

3.Maybe you think both solutions are not appropriate, we can deal something cool with the +35% EXP things. Like heirlooms in WOW, the ring is bind with account, we can give it to some other characters to easy-levelup.We can also set a formula to control the value of attributes (including random attributes). For example, the ring has 180 int, when you in level 1 it become 3 int. I think it's not a very hard thing.

In a word, make it special and attractive.

Thank you guys for all you have done to the game, great job!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]