Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

First people complains about blizzard nerfing the crap out of content 1.0.3 -> GAME TO EASY you say.

Second people complain about the new nerf hitting servers 1.0.4 -> OMFG NO FUN AND NO CHALLENGE

Third people complains about nerfing the crap out of some certain skills 1.0.5 -> CHARACTERS TO WEAK you say

Fourth people complain about a certain item being nerfed to appropiate scale 1.0.5 -> OMFG WHY YOU TAKING AWAY THE OP ITEMS THAT CAN MAKE ME GODLIKE!

Diablo fanbase makes no sense to me.. Seriously, the ring critted around 3-5M depending on what your gear looked like, how does that make a game fun?

Nobody would have a Problem if they nerf equally...but right now, Barbarians are the only viable Class MP10 (even with totally garbage gear)... and perhaps LoH stacking Monks.
Every other Class gonna require Billions and Billions of Gold to be equally as good.

The Ring was Overpowered, everybody knew that.
What does Blizzard?
They dont scale it down by 30% 50%... or maybe even 75% to test it first.

No they scale down 99.5% which makes this Item GARBAGE.
Why would anybody go thue the hassle to actually get one now?
A perfectly rolled 6 prob (rare) Ring outmatchs this by far and they gonna drop in MP1.
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 10/6/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Local33
no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

Sever
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 08:13 AMPosted by KTap
lol a garbage geared barb would get wrecked in MP10

Moldran did fine on his 50 Million Gold Challenge @ MP10.
Who are you kidding ?
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 10/6/2012 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
this is complete bull!@#$.......u give everything massive ammounts of hp in mp9 and 10 the ring was very usefull to deal 3m dmg esp to the ubers...u guys jus keep ruining every thing good in this game imo
Reply Quote
i have to say 25 k is pretty much a joke. Might as well not have a proc if its not gonna do anything for you
Reply Quote
Not that I don't believe you, but could you link the vid?

He must have gone pure survivability and had terrible dps or something.

He streams on Twitch, i am not really going thru hundreds of hours of gameplay now.
Check the Records, and look for yourself --> http://de.twitch.tv/moldran
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 10/6/2012 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The damage should be increased or some other improvement should be added.
Reply Quote
Not that I don't believe you, but could you link the vid?

He must have gone pure survivability and had terrible dps or something.

He streams on Twitch, i am not really going thru hundreds of hours of gameplay now.

I wouldn't trust arr-!@#$% that say things like that while using fake accounts, I've done MP10 and a non heavily geared barb would be destroyed in MP10 if he went dps mode. Basically the guy is crying about why barbs have the option to go survivor or dps while the range classes like DH supposedly only have the glass canon option, to this I say play with what u have, wanting to play like a barb while being a DH or vice versa then complaining y the one you decided to stick with isnt like the other is so obscenely retarded, its not even funny. If u want to play like a barb then roll a barb, dont complain how ur DH is not a barb arr-tard. Damn arr-^-*!@ everywhere.
Reply Quote
hellfire rings werent even around until 1.0.5....
Reply Quote
"you can never have too much power"
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Abdz
while using fake accounts

Not a fake account buddy, its a EU account... the char you see it my lvl.1 on US.
I am sitting in Germany.

10/06/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Abdz
If u want to play like a barb then roll a barb

40+% of the Playerbase already do... makes me wonder why? ;)
And...every...Single...one...of...em.... the same Build.

build diversity at it's finest.
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 10/6/2012 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Easy answer: They didn't want a BOA, untradeable item to be everyone's BIS. That would cut into their RMAH cash flow.
Reply Quote
OFF TOPIC:

i cant find my answer anywhere. will uber bosses be able to get stuned frozen and feared?
please someone with a factual answer. some people say no some say yes. i need a straight answer please.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:40 PMPosted by althai
Can you imagine how demoralizing it will be for someone who finally completes their hellfire ring after many hours farming, just to find that the ring shows red numbers in all three categories (life, damage, and protection)?

THIS.
Reply Quote
Lylirra
Community Manager

Edited by Lylirra on 10/5/12 7:07 PM (PDT)
It was actually a bug fix. The ring's proc damage was incorrectly scaling with a player's primary stats and weapon damage, which it was never designed to do. While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

I am sorry to hear "it was bug" statement again. We heard same phrase on Trail of Cinder nerf.
It seems you Blizzard(or D3 team, or Jay?) has intention to put this kind of "so called bug" buffs in games, in order to catch players attention to bring them back to D3.
If this is not true, it is also very sorry that your dev team seems so dumb because they did not know how to test very important part of the game "ENDGAME" correctly.

I really hope you D3 team to get back to the right track. I loved D2 for long time.
Edited by spark00#1474 on 10/6/2012 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Too much work :P I'll just believe you...

Still though, he must have sacrificed a lot to be able to survive with 50 mill :o

I find it pretty hard to believe since I watched Moldran, Buleh, and Bloodshot get killed multiple times on MP10 in their real gear.
Edited by YOUniverse#1838 on 10/6/2012 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The ring was overpowered, everybody knows that, and everybody agrees on that.

But why not make it like :

MP0 (no Monsterpower) = 50k
MP1 = 150k
up to
MP10 = 600-750k

Scaling with the Difficulty?

But it doesnt matter how much People cry.
It doesnt matter how much you write...

They wont listen. Forget it... its pointless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]