Diablo® III

Meteor vs Energy Twister Comparison Help!

So I have to prepare a technical presentation for my university and I thought "Hey, I can make a comparison between meteor and ET and how often they proc LoH, CM etc.". I can't make it longer than 15 minutes and it is also going to have to include a brief introduction to the game mechanics.

I was thinking I would mainly compare liquefy versus wicked wind to avoid incredibly complex calculations. I'm also going to assume infinite AP (or APoC) and an average wizard (2 APS, 50 CC) but I might change it if the comparison is more interesting with different values.

Can some theorycrafters/mathematicians help me out with a couple of basic things? I would really appreciate it! Thanks everyone.
Reply Quote
Nice, sounds fun :)
I hope you'll do a good presentation. For what class is it?
Reply Quote
Whoa we never present that stuff in my school lol. Best of luck!
Reply Quote
I'm willing to help but I don't remember the values exactly - trying to find the thread with proc rates on forum right now.
Reply Quote
It's not for a class, it's just a milestone we need to pass. It's usually something engineering related but apparently it could be anything as long as it's technical. I'm pretty sure comparing proc rates of 2 skills for different situations (single enemy, elite pack etc) would be technical enough. I'm also going to present them with graphs detailing the point of equilibrium WW and liquefy reach and what not. Should be interesting.
Reply Quote
Oh and yeah, I don't know if I should use 1.0.4 meteor, pre nerf 1.0.5 meteor or nerfed 1.0.5 meteor, lol. I'm more inclined to use pre-nerf 1.0.5 meteor since it's a better competitor to WW.
Reply Quote
Nitro, please use the 1.05 versions, so we have some hard facts to throw at Blizz as to how inferior meteor is to twister, removing it as a viable option for an effective wizard build.
Reply Quote
Sounds awesome good luck man, as a note the average wizard does not have 50 CC and 2 aps but I would see how you would do that to make it as simplistic as possible and it would suffice in a demonstration all things considered.

(Real average is probably 37-40 CC / 1.75-1.80 for CM/Melee's )
Reply Quote
Just curious about one thing, how many times does meteor hit during the molten fire duration? Once per second? How about WW? I know the proc coefficients but not really how often they hit lol.
Reply Quote
shouldn't you just message shandlar in game
Reply Quote
Yeah probably lol.
Reply Quote
Shandlar, help please D:
Reply Quote
lmao ^^
Reply Quote
arent u including WoF in the conversation? or too OP?
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Madstrike

I'm afraid that one of the evaluators might be working for Blizzard so no.

On a side note, apparently WW hits twice your attack speed per second.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Madstrike

keep wof out of this, we don't want them nerfing our best spell
Reply Quote
L M A O
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:45 PMPosted by nitrocan

Not exactly. You can join the party: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5208511084
Page 4-5 is where it starts getting weird.
Reply Quote
wave of force
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 02:07 PMPosted by apo

Not exactly. You can join the party: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5208511084
Page 4-5 is where it starts getting weird.

Ah crap lol, well my evaluators don't need to know that much :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]