Diablo® III

Stop report bug and play ptr

10/09/2012 06:56 PMPosted by prusswan
until the achievement bugs since day one are fixed, I refuse to believe that bug reports will be taken seriously unless they are related to RMAH

true!
Reply Quote
We do but the game is no longer fun for some classes. Its not fun when you need billions of
gold to beat inferno or to make the game easier but then not get the drops. Good luck with 1.05.
Reply Quote
The reason your stock is tanking https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AATVI&ei=29t0UPj1H-aUiALADA is because the devs get paid too much for too little work.

There are many(better) devs out there who would do a WAY better job at this game than the <insert name here> you have working on the game at this time.

Who ever is in charge of the business side of things really needs to shake stuff up over there at HQ imo.
Reply Quote
hi Vaeflare,

Fist let me say i love the patch on ptr and all, but i think this is the problem. Most of us enjoy playing 1.0.5 and to do such we have to play on ptr where nothing carries over and is all for nothing (aside from maybe helping patch come out faster). Then we decide since our time is a waist on ptr in our eyes, We try to go back and play on the live servers 1.0.4 This results in us being overly bored and just want 1.0.5 to come out.

I for one have kinda stopped playing until 1.0.5 is released 1.0.4 seems rather lacking compared to PTR and PTR seems like a big waste of time since i cant even lvl my paragon on live servers.

I understand that PTR is updated weekly on thursdays? I think anyway. So i have to ask with all the bugs in the game in the past and im sure the future (no patch is ever perfect), Why not just bring 1.0.5 live and patch it weekly and or hotfix it as we go on live servers??
Or allow us to carry over our paragon exp gained in ptr?

Any way just a few thoughts i had, Any chance you can tell us about how close to 1.0.5 being live we are? 1 week? 2 weeks? or more? Thanks

This +1; every single points
Reply Quote
the patch has no new content in it other than a faster way of leveling paragon. whats so exciting about it that needs a PTR? who cares about a free leorics ring.
Reply Quote
How am I supposed to test my char on the PTR?

Login, start playing, make a screenshot, game hangs for 10 seconds because there's a bug, my character dies (hardcore), now I have to wait a week to play.
Reply Quote
I just can't believe they are taking this amount of time on this patch. For what? a few "new" boss encounters and a ring that most say is not worth the effort?
Reply Quote
New patch is meh....

just an appetizer with people wanting the main course.
Reply Quote
How am I supposed to test my char on the PTR?

Login, start playing, make a screenshot, game hangs for 10 seconds because there's a bug, my character dies (hardcore), now I have to wait a week to play.

+1

lost interest in testing after dozens of "error 3007" over the course of a couple days and the sad truth about the items/gold/exp farmed there never being on live just killed it.. there is not enough in the patch to require a lengthy test.. we have been playing a ptr since launch so i dont see the need to play the ptr of the main ptr.. integrity was lost when blizzard announced the reason for always online to prevent hacks/dupes then was totally floored when it did nothing in preventing hacks/dupes.. there is no other excuse you can come up with that we will believe so release 1.05 and stop wasting our time
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Virtigo
Open the doors... we are running out of steam.

Agreed, it needs to come fast.Then 1.06 needs to come maybe 1 week later,just saying...
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 06:11 PMPosted by EDDEE
We understand that players are eager for patch 1.0.5 to go live

Who says so, i'm a monk and we all hate it
Making changes to the current item stat rolls?? U are just trying to squeeze more money and commission out of us

I have to agree with this guy. As a Wizard i hope the new patch never hits...
Reply Quote
Most players do not want to use the PTR as any progress made there is lost (no reward). Yes feedback is important for you Blizzard but progress is important for us, the players. You cannot honestly expect the entire playerbase to start using the PTR to experience these changes.

This would be different for a PvP patch where any progress made using new content does not really matter but for a PvM patch like 1.0.5 this is a major problem with getting people to test it. Many people especially want the patch ASAP due to some of the skill changes.

Examples of such skill changes are the nerfs to Barbarians with a WW build and the buffs to DH defense via pet and passives.

If the Infernal Machine event and Monster Power still need further testing (weeks longer) then consider breaking them into a separate patch that would be released soon after the initial ballance changing patch.
Reply Quote
As a Monk, I don't want 1.05 to come out. Sure the increased legendary/set rate is appealing, but everything else about it I don't want.
Reply Quote
we want the patch, noooowww, lol
Reply Quote
We understand that players are eager for patch 1.0.5 to go live: we are too. Testing is well underway for it, and there’s a lot of great stuff coming just around the corner, including the Infernal Machine Event and the advent of the Monster Power System.

The best possible thing you can do to help us progress is to [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6678687803"]join in on the PTR[/url], offer your [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/7328695/"]constructive feedback[/url], and submit [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/7328696/"]detailed bug reports[/url] about any issues you may experience while playing on the test realm. These reports are incredibly valuable to us, and we greatly appreciate those of you that have taken time to play on the PTR and offer us your ongoing feedback and bug reports.

So you ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOBS ANYMORE?

PLUS, I tried the PTR for 75 seconds, and, as soon as I realised that NO BUGS WERE FIXED, I deleted it and hated you EVEN MORE.

I feel so happy that your CRAPPY NEW PANDA THING on WOW has like 3/10 score from THOUSANDS OF USERS on Metacritic.

I AM SO HAPPY. You are going down.

THE WORST COMPANY OF THE DECADE: BLIZZARD.

Are you 10?
Reply Quote
1.04 = waste of time.
PTR = waste of time.

Haven't slain a demon since a month ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]