Diablo® III

Unequiping item drops it to the ground

Hi
I was doing Naked Lust achievement and during encounter with Cydea I tried to unequip my helm. I never moved my cursor out of the inventory window. Unfortunately the game froze for a few seconds just as I was moving my helm. At the same time the little spider killed me and therefore the helm dropped to the ground. Because it was a boss encounter I was unable to pick it back after resurrection in the nearest checkpoint (single player mode). This leads to a situation that results with unexpected gear loss when killed during item swapping. My proposition would be to force storing swapped item in the inventory when the player is killed in the middle of the swapping process and cursor with an item is still inside inventory window, because that clearly means the player was NOT going to drop it out.

On the side note, does anyone have any idea what kind of steps I should perform to ask for mentioned item recovery, because currently the ticket system does not allow for any item related petitions?
Reply Quote
Blizzard doesn't condone item swapping and neither do I, so you'll understand when I tell you that I disagree with your suggestions completely and I don't think you deserve to get your helm back.
Reply Quote
I was trying to get Naked Lust Achievement and had her down to a sliver of life and went to corner to take off armor. Storm Crow Helm, Tal Rasha's Amulet(Vitality Flawless Star), Zunimassa's Pox and Morrow with 3 Flawless Star Topaz and a Flawless Star Emerald, Tasker and Theo and a Vile Ward. If the little spider had not killed me, I would have taken it all off. I thought at respawn I would be able to pick it back up, but it was not there! Please help! So distressed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]