Diablo® III

DBoy187 & Acrimony's Gearing Service

Big vouch for these guys ! I came to them with a billion gold budget looking to replace my 2h skorns with 2 wep for a more efficient double tornado build. They were able not only to find me great weapons but also replace the weakest link of my equipment. Within a week they found me 2 new weps, new pants, new amulet and a new left ring. My barb is much more effective now.

All the time they act both professional and friendly and took into consideration all my gears to make informed decision taking into account my ehp, dps, break point on tornado etc. Ive learned a lot myself just observing their tough process and derived conclusion. Ive definitely saved money paying them 10% as they have a better grasp them me of the true value of item on the AH. I plan to use their service in the future once I farm some more gold as my next upgrade will probably cost a arm and a leg. Thx guys !
Reply Quote
Hi! I would like to upgrade my gears but I've no idea on which to replace. I'm doing WW most of the time (see my profile on skills I use). Currently I can farm to MP6 without dying so much but I'm killing those mobs too slow especially elites, with additional of no +movement speed, I'm farming/lvling way too slow. Can you advice what should I upgrade and estimate gold needed if I need your service? Thank you :)
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

After some reflection, I have decided to take a break from the gearing service. There are some selfish reasons, but the main one is my real life one -- I need to buckle down and study.

I will, however, be finishing off the sets I'm currently doing.

This shouldn't preclude you from approaching one of DBoy or Trinxified. Both are immensely skilled itemisers and planners who can absolutely break down gear from scratch and rebuild it on a tight budget or a huge one. Use their service and their experience!

I have met many players from all corners of the world and immensely enjoyed chatting and helping them gear. I think my favourite sets were BallzSoHard and xBarbarischx's, but to be honest, I got a good amount of laughs out of helping an anonymous player who had a huge budget, but no idea how to play Whirlwind -- watching him improve over the last little while from my help is probably the best reward I could have asked for.

As far as my philosophy for gear building I have some thoughts to share:
1) I would rather overpay for 24% move-speed than forgo it altogether -- there is absolutely no sense in crippling what's supposed to be an efficient build;
2) Shoulders, chest, and pants are the three core starters for any build -- build with prioritizing for EHP, and then build your damage around it. Those three gear slots are stacked with core stats and should be prioritized first;
3) Always always always get damage modifiers on your jewellery -- that doesn't include minimum or maximum damage, but it largely depends on the core damage rolls of the attack speed or critical hit damage;
4) Off-hand speed should be 1.5 or more. Anything less is a detriment to your tornadoes' efficiency;
5) On big budgets, don't overpay -- focus on #2 first and then refocus when you've found a comfort level from your remaining gear slots and your end-game goals. Then overpay to your heart's content if it's the item that you're looking for;
6) Don't skimp on stats because one modifier happens to stand out -- balance those stats! The real damage scaling comes from your jewellery (see #3).
7) Do not stack vitality on your weapons -- this is the biggest mistake I have made with my current gear. At the moment, I feel comfortable saying that vitality on your weapons is a cheap way to get effective health points. Stacking vitality on your weapons can cripple the building process as you find that losing vitality on your weapons actually does more harm than good because it costs more gold to stack vitality elsewhere to replace the weapon. I'm still stuck with my godly main hand, but badly in need of an upgrade.

Sidenote:
In addition, I have read some comments from people accusing me of RMAHing my gear. That's not the case. Every single gold I have made and spent have come from within the game. I get good tips from people who value my opinion and I make smart purchases with an eye towards getting items that I know will have resell value down the road. For example: My previous Lacunis were 59.9m from one month ago -- well before the patch. Last night, I sold them for 85m. I have also made some big snipes -- my favourite snipe were my gloves and off-hand -- I value my offhand for 2B+. My current amulet was 180m; my previous one was 125m -- it should sell for 250+. Knowing the market and how people gravitate towards maximum modifiers is the key to getting rich and getting godly.

As you get better gear, it's easier to accumulate gold from your sales and having more gold for a new upgrade. It's really that simple.

Best of luck,

acrimony
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 11/4/2012 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy and Trinxified, could you please have a look at my current gears and estimate how much of a budget I need to push my DPS (unbuff) to the 100k threshold. I really want to upgrade in 1 go (have been saving intensely >_<). Thank you!!
Reply Quote
Hello, I'd like some advice on how to get a better build for my barbarian, I couldn't get past MP2 because beyond that.. fallen maniacs murder me. My build currently is a slight spin off from Ender's SnB build. And also please advice on what gear I should change/get.
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy and Trinxified, could you please have a look at my current gears and estimate how much of a budget I need to push my DPS (unbuff) to the 100k threshold. I really want to upgrade in 1 go (have been saving intensely >_<). Thank you!!

Hi QuanCao,

The budget is set by you and only you. Basically it should be whatever you can afford to spend. The way we look at budgets and gear are intertwined together. That means it depends on what will need work first and how much will be spent on a specific slot. It's also because there could be a slot where you only have to spend 20 million on and be good for a long time, but also a slot where you'd need to spend 200 million.

The more budget you have, the better of course so that you can spend more on one slot and not having to upgrade it again for a long time. We focus on good, long term upgrades, not slight minor boosts, or side-grades.

Add any of us so we can talk in more detail about what you're willing to spend, what build, and what your goals are.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
@trinxified - we chatted a little in game. Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
Hi trinxified, I have added you in the game. However, I'll be having an exam in 2 days so can we talk at that time? I'm in Australia UTC+10, at what time will you be available?
Reply Quote
Hey Acrimony,

Good luck with the studies. Thanx for Ballzsohard, he now has 5pc. IK set and can dual wield as well as hybrid SnB. It is so much fun ripping thru MP6. I am aboiut to go to 7. Keep in touch.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Zwei
Hello, I'd like some advice on how to get a better build for my barbarian, I couldn't get past MP2 because beyond that.. fallen maniacs murder me. My build currently is a slight spin off from Ender's SnB build. And also please advice on what gear I should change/get.

I think your BARBie is better than mine, so you should pass mp2 easily coz i can do it very well. .if you want we can run together. .
Reply Quote
I thought this service was 100% legit the way Dboy spoke to me when I returned to Diablo from a 4 month hiatus. Unfortunately, I think I was wrong. Bottom line, I'll let the community decide for themselves. Just a few days ago he sold me the EXACT set I'm wearing for 700 mill. He assured me that he sniped the set and spent 650 mill, and 50 mill was his profit. The next day I played with a few friends who told me I got absolutely ripped off. they emphatically repeated that for 100k dps, a 700 mill barb is a sin. I would like to ask you, the community, if this is true. Is this barb worth the 700 mill that I paid for it? If not, please do the right thing Dboy and either refund me some gold, or something.. I just feel so cheated atm.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JHOOPS-1797/hero/2300025
Edited by JHOOPS#1797 on 11/7/2012 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
I thought this service was 100% legit the way Dboy spoke to me when I returned to Diablo from a 4 month hiatus. Unfortunately, I think I was wrong. Bottom line, I'll let the community decide for themselves. Just a few days ago he sold me the EXACT set I'm wearing for 700 mill. He assured me that he sniped the set and spent 650 mill, and 50 mill was his profit. The next day I played with a few friends who told me I got absolutely ripped off. they emphatically repeated that for 100k dps, a 700 mill barb is a sin. I would like to ask you, the community, if this is true. Is this barb worth the 700 mill that I paid for it? If not, please do the right thing Dboy and either refund me some gold, or something.. I just feel so cheated atm.

Looking at your gear I think you got a pretty good deal. A lot of people focus so much on unbuffed DPS as so important when truly buffed dps with wotb up is the most important since as a WW barb you should be in WOTB 95% of the time. Not to mention paper dps is hugely decieving on a WW barb. Sure DPS could have been higher if you want to be less efficient. For instance, you got 24% MS with your build which is costly and you will suffer some dps and ehp but you gain efficiency. Your resist is really good and appears you are over 800 buffed.

I have a very similar " unbuffed" dps and I have no problem keeping my health pinned up top on MP10.
Reply Quote

Looking at your gear I think you got a pretty good deal. A lot of people focus so much on unbuffed DPS as so important when truly buffed dps with wotb up is the most important since as a WW barb you should be in WOTB 95% of the time. Not to mention paper dps is hugely decieving on a WW barb. Sure DPS could have been higher if you want to be less efficient. For instance, you got 24% MS with your build which is costly and you will suffer some dps and ehp but you gain efficiency. Your resist is really good and appears you are over 800 buffed.

I have a very similar " unbuffed" dps and I have no problem keeping my health pinned up top on MP10.

I just want to know what on my character costs 700 mill at the moment. I started a separate thread on this topic, and all the barbs that have posted say my gear set is worth 200mill max. Please just elaborate for me on what about this gear set makes it worth the gold I spent on it.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
JHoops, we've never chatted before, but I will talk to DBoy tonight and see why you're complaining about the set. Bear in mind, the prices have dropped drastically since you got that set -- example would be the boots, the gloves, and the shoulders. As for the value, I'm not going to fully comment and break down each piece until I know what the prices were when those were brought out/won via bid, but the build is definitely defensive and absorbs a lot of the tenets regarding the Double Tornado build -- it appears to be defensive due to some inexperience with the build? In addition, you got a pretty amazing axe, chest, Lacunis, and amulet. I believe that chest would have ran you 100+, the Lacunis 100+, and the weapon at least 100m+.
Reply Quote
Your gear is much more expensive than the average "100k unbuff" set because of its very high APS and 24% movement speed, both of which are very important. There are tons of people walking around with higher sheet DPS, but nearly 1 APS less than you. If you go purely by sheet dps, you don't look good next to them, but in reality you'll be outdamaging by a great amount, and will be able to hold wotb much more easily. Having high attack speed with high dps is very very pricey, but to an extent (and at the point you're at) it's more important.

If you tried out an average 100m-300m "100k dps" set versus yours, yours would feel much, much nicer to play. That said, 700m seems a little steep, but overall you're geared very well in subtle ways beyond the sheet dps.
Reply Quote
Edit: After a quick rundown, I'm now assured that you're complaining about gear devaluation. You purportedly started the set about 3-4 weeks ago (October 28, 2012 ). The gear, in its entirety, was definitely, without any shred of doubt, worth a lot more than the 700m that you paid for.

I won't go any further, but I think you're missing the forest for the trees here.
Reply Quote
@JHoops

Were the gems part of the 700M? If so, that's a serious gearing mistake by Dboy. You definitely need the rad star emerald in the weapon and I have no problem with the rad star ruby in the helm, but the other 5 are pure luxuries. They probably cost 60-80M. It's better off having star level gems there for 3-4M and spending the extra on better gear.

Otherwise you have to realize that with a gearing service, you're not going to get the absolute best build. They build a set over just a couple of days whereas any serious barb builds theirs over months carefully sniping bargains on the AH. And Dboy is dependent on what's available on the AH that particular day which obviously varies quite a bit. There might simply not be any real bargains during your gearing. What a gearing service does is to provide expertise for someone who lacks it, but it's not a true substitute for knowing your class and gearing yourself.
Reply Quote
yo archimony wtf are you saying. I bought this gear like 5 days ago. I'll prove it by posting the paypal receipt for the gold, and I can show you the post that Dboy made on my thread just a week ago..... wtf are lying about son?
Reply Quote
@JHoops

Were the gems part of the 700M? If so, that's a serious gearing mistake by Dboy. You definitely need the rad star emerald in the weapon and I have no problem with the rad star ruby in the helm, but the other 5 are pure luxuries. They probably cost 60-80M. It's better off having star level gems there for 3-4M and spending the extra on better gear.

Otherwise you have to realize that with a gearing service, you're not going to get the absolute best build. They build a set over just a couple of days whereas any serious barb builds theirs over months carefully sniping bargains on the AH. And Dboy is dependent on what's available on the AH that particular day which obviously varies quite a bit. There might simply not be any real bargains during your gearing. What a gearing service does is to provide expertise for someone who lacks it, but it's not a true substitute for knowing your class and gearing yourself.

Celanian, the gems have gone up in price since the set was finished. Everything else was brought before the dupe roll-back. In addition, the set wasn't built over a few days. It definitely longer and I'm fairly certain the majority were purchased before the patch update as well. I'll leave it to DBoy to comment on the rest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]