Diablo® III

DBoy187 & Acrimony's Gearing Service

Thanks wallaa, I really dont know what the guys deal is anyone can clearly look at his stats, his paragon level is super low but still has 102k dps, 615 Ar, a hair shy of 8000 armor and 1100 life regen. The attack per second is off the charts I thought the echoing fury offhand with 3% Ls and over 50% crit chance even though it doesnt have a socket just think how much one with that same dps and Aps with a socket would cost? And for what 45% more crit dmg at max?
I played with the set for awhile before even selling it to him on Mp7 and it was doing amazing, around 2.20 Aps I was able to keep Wotb up 100% of the time easily also 24% Ms. The only thing I thought could be worked on slightly was the vitality but I chose to get a 270 str vile ward instead of a shoulder with 150+ vit because I knew the Ar and Armor + life regen would be a much better choice for the set.
I mean I could of got him what he obviously wanted a crappy Ik chest piece with 40vitality and a bunch of other low quality legendaries, or even better yet just focused all his dps an got him 150k dps and leave him with crap for defenses where he couldnt even step foot in Mp5+ without getting 1 Shot. I guarantee if I did that he wouldnt even be complaining and that is pretty sad, Honestly.

For now on if someone wants me to make them a glass cannon barb just tell me before hand OR if you want A full Ik set with 600mill budget and expect it to be a good set please let me know so I dont waste my time and send you on your way because that is not how I build my sets. Sorry you guys had to see all this argueing over nonsense, I knew this was bound to happen though I had way to many good things said about the service, you cant have the good without that bad thats one thing for sure.

Thanks for all the support though thats one thing that keeps me going with this, I do have a wife and kid and work 60hours a week, I would much rather just play the game a few hours a night and spend time with my family. I enjoy helping people and this is just a hobby to me and I will not look at it any other way. And yes for now on everyone is getting a Purchase history screenshot if they ask or not.
Reply Quote
hi dboy187/acrimony,

i would like to learn how to do the whirl.. i have no idea how to play that build and would like to learn how to. do you guys have vid i can watch?
can you guys check out my gear and tell me what i need to change to maintain my Wotb?

thanks, hope you guys could help me
Reply Quote
Good job Dboy, good to see u going well even though u got family and stuff in RL.
Its hard to find people that know their stuff and also willing to help without scamming u these days on teh internet.

I was heart broken when I saw ur profile EMPTY!!! where are ur GEARS!!!! :(
Reply Quote
@ Everyone - I think many of you here know that I run a gearing service much like the one Dboy provides here. While we have different philosophies on how to gear people, the net result is the same. We both create amazing barbs for people to play with, JHOOPS is no exception in my mind. While it did take some discussion for Dboy to explain why he got some of the things he did, it all added up in the end. JHOOPS may not understand why what he got is good, nor may any of his friends, but that doesn't make the gear any less effective. I'm 100% confident if I put that gear on I could PWN face with it.

TLDR: I vouch for Dboy's work....I would know...I do this for a "living" too (aka I never farm).
Reply Quote
I actually let my brother borrow all of my gear, He just started playing a few months ago. Trying to help him build a nice set also, But he is a bit stuborn and insist he knows what hes doing so after I gave him 40mill gold he goes out and buys all radiant gems and puts it in his crappy ilvl 60 gear instead of getting upgrades. Lol
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 11/7/2012 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey, been scouring ah for hours trying to find the best choice for my mainhand, currently offhanding a leech echoing fury, so i figured a mace mainhand, for awesome wep dmg, and itll be the same speed as my echo offhand, so no matter which last wep was swung, same aps and breakpoints, axe is fun too and all but from what i see most of the maces have wep better dmg...and i guess its ok to drop leech off my mh ? been looking at 1200+ dps str cd socket axe/maces...limited choice...

edit oh my budget is 900m for new MH wep
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 11/7/2012 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey, been scouring ah for hours trying to find the best choice for my mainhand, currently offhanding a leech echoing fury, so i figured a mace mainhand, for awesome wep dmg, and itll be the same speed as my echo offhand, so no matter which last wep was swung, same aps and breakpoints, axe is fun too and all but from what i see most of the maces have wep better dmg...and i guess its ok to drop leech off my mh ? been looking at 1200+ dps str cd socket axe/maces...limited choice...

edit oh my budget is 900m for new MH wep

Try to stay around 6% LS with your belt and OH before you drop Ls on your MH, this is the best way to maximize your dps. Those weapons sound nice and I know it is very hard to find a good MH weapon, Im working on a set for a guy now Day2 and still have not seen anything even decent to use as MH.
Reply Quote
@Everyone, me and Dboy/Acri have had a gearing transaction maybe a month ago and not an ounce of doubt cross my mind that these guys will rip me off since i have been following Dboy's gearing guide/testimonies when i need advice on how to upgrade, even had an ingame gear check way way back.

so when i have accumulated enough gold 300m+, i tasked both of the them to upgrade my barb which was a challenge since i requested to increase my EHP, AR while at least maintain my dps. took us almost 3 weeks to culminate the upgrade but at the end of the day i was satisfied with what they have done and Dboy willingly return the 40m leftover coins.

If these guys want to steal/scam players, this thread should have been trolled/flamed, buried deep into the ether.

@Jhoop, if you're still following this thread, man you've picked the wrong players reputation to destroy. they are respected, admired and look upon among us. Sorry, 100+ players can vouch for them.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 11/7/2012 10:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy and Acrimony, not yet getting into the flow of WW barb :) But any advice or upgraded i need to earn for to level up my barb? :) thanks! :)
Reply Quote
hi Dboy and acri, currently i have a problem. My barb isnt sustainable even in MP3 with 5.5% LS. Not too sure what kind of runes i should be using? 1. Replace superstition with bloodthirst(5.5% LS) with WW(hurricane rune) 2. continue using my current runes (superstition + blood funnel) 3. get a weapon with LS potentially bringing down my dps and use blood thirst skill at the same time with WW(hurricane rune). Not too sure what kind of direction i should be going.. help please. You have my utmost gratitude and appreciation.
Reply Quote
@ninowbu, I really dont think you should use bloodthirst as a passive, you deffinetly should get your Ls from your belt and Oh and run with tough as nails or superstition instead. Also hurricane rune Is a must for the spec, the speed is for dodgeing enemies and proper placement of sprint tornados. This is only half of the problem though, by the looks of your gear, It seems your defenses and offhand attack speed is to low to properly utilize the ww spec.
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 11/8/2012 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey DBoy, I've been forum stalking you and acrimony's work for a bit to help get an idea of how I should gear up myself, it seems to have worked pretty well as i'm able to do MP7-8 pretty comfortably and i'm sure with a bit more EHP/DPS I could do 9-10. I have a question though, do you use a damage calculator when building these sets? and if you do what one do you use, the two i've tried are somewhat confusing and don't appear to garnish the proper results when I plug all of my information in.
Reply Quote
D3Rawr.com -- the site is terrific for calculating damage per second, but I just found out today that it miscalculates melee damage reduction. The formula used is predetermined by a diminishing return rate; so the EHP scores are off compared to sites like DiabloProgress which marks the scores afterwards.
Reply Quote
Dps Calculator theasiangamer.com and D3rawr.com

Here is a trick most people dont know about I will share with you.
Go to the AH, link an item to your friend, join game click on item to view dps loss or gain.
If weapon or item has a socket make sure to take the socket out of your own weapon or item your comparing it to to get the most acurate reading.

Enjoy!
Reply Quote
Thanks to both of you, tried theasiangamer one and it was slightly confusing, will give D3rawr a shot. Cannot beleive I didn't think of that myself DBoy, that is outstanding and I appreciate it! It always drives me nuts that I can't get a direct comparison from the AH.
Reply Quote
If weapon or item has a socket make sure to take the socket out of your own weapon or item your comparing it to to get the most acurate reading.

This is something you should be aware of. The comparison of the weapon will change depending on whether both have gems in socket or not depending on the rest of the weapon stats. It's possible that 1 weapon will have higher dps than another weapon with no gems in socket but the other weapon has higher dps if both have gems in socket.

That's because if either item has crit chance, the RATIO of crit changes between the 2 weapons.

As an example, a 1000 dps weapon with 60 crit and OS vs 1200 dps weapon with just OS. Let's assume no existing crit. With no gems in socket, the ratio of CD is 110% to 50% (since you get 50% base). If both weapons have gems, the ratio now becomes 210% to 150%, a much lower ratio. Higher crit damage means base weapon becomes more important and additional crit is less important.

IOW, it's comparisons if either weapon has CD in addition to socket MUST be done with gems in both to have an accurate reading.
Reply Quote
Yeah that makes sense Celanian, guess those are the times when the damage caluculator would prove more useful than the quick linking. I definately need to figure out how to use one properly anyways as I need to start fine tuning my damage while increasing my EHP which I think will prove to be quite pricey.
Reply Quote
Dboy/Acrimony,

I was reading through this Jhoops stuff today, and I don't get this guys' deal. While you have never done gearing service for me, I have read what a lot of people have said about your service and how appreciative EVERYONE is for the EXCELLENT service you provide.

So don't worry about it.

And if he continues harassing you, then report him for harassment.

His friends are probably just giving him a hard time because he paid someone to get him gear, and he didn't do it himself. He did say he had taken a 4 month hiatus, during which time, his friends probably played continuously, and now he comes back and has better gear than they have...jealousy ensues.

And one more thing, if Jhoops happens to see this post, when Jhoops says "I'll let the community decide" ... the community knows Acrimony. They know he is very knowledgeable about the Barb class and that he wouldn't work with a scammer. And for that matter, the community knows Dboy! People wouldn't trust him with 1bil+ gold if he wasn't 100% trustworthy.

So again I say to Dboy, don't worry about it. You are providing an excellent service to the community. Keep up the great work!!

^ This x1000.

The only difference is Acrimony did help gear me not too long ago with the help of Dboy and friends, and I couldnt be more happy with the service, time, effort, skill, and professionalism given to me from them.

P.S. - I love you Acrimony :D
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 09:29 AMPosted by xBaRbAriScHx
P.S. - I love you Acrimony :D

<3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]