Diablo® III

DBoy187 & Acrimony's Gearing Service

I've got a mil just to see both! (You guys kiss and Garthandal puke) Only if I can record it though hah.
Reply Quote
All this love makes me blush.
Reply Quote
Title: Selling Ww Barb Mp8-9 Ready
I have decided to re-roll and would like to sell my Barbarian Gear. I put a lot of work into this barbs gear set over the months (had to switch accounts because my original became compromised), and for that reason I will only entertain serious offers. Please leave your offers in the thread, or add me in game. I would prefer to sell the gear as a set. If you're an experienced player you'll appreciate how I've managed to really balance a high amount of Armor, life regen, IAS and crit. This barb is no joke ready for whatever. Any upgrades for it will cost a fortune, and I really don't see the point given the fact that I've pretty much steamrolled mp9 with my current gear. Well, let the bidding begin... I will sell to the best offer by 1AM tonight. Enjoy!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JHOOPS-1797/hero/2300025

P.S. With Tough as Nails, ARmor is about 10k. Profile hasn't updated. And DPS when buffed at a decent paragon (which I am not) level is over 250+k

Just ran across this thread posted a few days ago, thought you guys may find this as amusing as I have. This guy seriously lacks common knowledge. This will be the last thing I say about the guy, Im really not about degrading or making someone feel uncomfortable and I really do hate the fact that he feels the way he does. I just simply wish he would of handled the situation in a more mature manner.
Reply Quote
Hilarious. I might as well come out with it: JHOOPS tried to blackmail me last night by demanding we upgrade his gear out of our own pocket after I went through each item and added up the 700m for him (and then some) -- he threatened to post screenshots of these 'emails' he purportedly received from DBoy and me -- even though I never interacted with him until yesterday. After I mentioned that I was taking a screenshot of each part of the conversation, he stopped talking.

Sorry if my attitude earlier in the thread was inappropriate -- I really did not believe what I was reading.
Reply Quote
There's a lesson learned from this Dboy... Never deal with folks who have a lot of jealous friends. :)

I think this is how he became upset and just outright ridiculous: he basically tried to show off to his friends that he built his own gear, his friends got jealous and he got called out for buying RMAH gold... There's nothing wrong with that, but I bet this is what happened.

On a more serious note, a lot of Barbs are so obsessed with paper dps/character sheet. While this may be true with most classes, WW Barbs work much more different. A big example is:

A "100k dps" Skorn user does not equate to a similarly dps variation of a DT barb, or SnB barb. People gotta stop looking at the DPS numbers only. That's not even considering the defensive values of each build too. For DT WW Barbs, the DPS shown on the character sheet is probably the least important and inaccurate number out of all. It's all about true dps.
Edited by trinxified#1614 on 11/8/2012 11:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
The Sheet dps does not take into acount the sprint tornados and the ww damage it is only going by the basic frenzy, bash damage. So with someone who has higher Aps thier sprint nados are doing a ton more dps than what is shown on the character along with dps from ww and not to mention fully buffed with 100k base dps if you used overpower with killing spree, bash with punish rune and battle rage, wotb your sheet dps would be around 275k.

To many barbs do neglect to much defense for Dps, I like to get my dps at a comfortable level say 150k then just work on all Ehp. Whats the point of having huge dps if your still dieing ocassionaly. Id much rather take 1 extra minute to kill elites on Mp10 than to die 3-5 times each run.
Reply Quote
@Dboy, i can't say nothing more about this guy, taking credit for building the set while trying to tarnished you reputation with nonsense wishy washy facts. no harm done here, the proof had just set you free. lol

wish this will be the last we heard from him. bye bye Joekes err, Jhoops

P.S: Thanks a ton for that wep you recommended, i'm running WW effectively and i love the fire damage that complimented with my FW and HF ring. btw, i will get rid of this HF ring when the one im eyeing on AH as Acri had suggested but for now this all i got.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 11/10/2012 6:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just came across Jhoops thread. Did you guys really spend 700mil on his gear a few weeks ago?
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Redrum
Just came across Jhoops thread. Did you guys really spend 700mil on his gear a few weeks ago?

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx218/dkmdville/Screenshot004.png

Numbers add up. So did the market before it started crashing.
Reply Quote
At least my estimate on the IK stuff was within 1 mill when I did my calculation... He really did spend the 26mil on viles.... WTF?!?!?

Ohhh he boughtout everything... that explains the HUGE inflation in gear cost... I was wondering how someone could spend 4-5x as much as me and have pretty much the same level of gear... Yikes!
Edited by Zer#1108 on 11/9/2012 11:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
At least my estimate on the IK stuff was within 1 mill when I did my calculation... He really did spend the 26mil on viles.... WTF?!?!?

Ohhh he boughtout everything... that explains the HUGE inflation in gear cost... I was wondering how someone could spend 4-5x as much as me and have pretty much the same level of gear... Yikes!

It was actually well below market value at the time the gear was acquired. I don't think many people predicted the ridiculous downturn the market has taken since. I feel bad that the gear has devalued, but the build works, and the IAS is spectacular. DBoy did a great job given what he had to work with.
Reply Quote
As I said before, it's the limitations of building a gear set in a very short period of time. Most people who use a gearing service don't want to wait a month for their gear, so naturally the gear level is going to be less than someone who spends a lot of time sniping bargains and knows what they're doing.
Reply Quote
I dont really think its the fact that the gear devalued, rather like Celanian said, you paid the price of getting everything right away, as in you use the buyout button instead of being a sneeky deal sniper:)
Reply Quote
Need help to improve my WW. I'm fine at MP3 atm and basically i want to progress to atleast MP5-MP6. I need your expertise.

Add me whenever you guys are available.

Thanks
Edited by arielb#1706 on 11/10/2012 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi Acrimony and Dboy, since you are really good at gauging market prices of gear. Can you give me an opinion/estimate on how much my gear would cost at current market prices. I think I have an idea but i need your honest opinion. Thanks and more power.
Reply Quote
@Neutrino, your gear looks amazing bro, Id say atleast 2billion or better for the entire set.

The prices of gear is dropping every day, theres some things I do need to get used to and 1 is that 60+ items can now roll 63 stats, you can get better deals if you stick to low level items. Also Im somewhat of a perfectionist and am very picky about gear, I try to get perfect stats on gear for example I search gloves with 10% crit chance and may overlook ones at a better price but have 9.5%.

One thing I need to work on is taking on to many sets at one time and Im going to start taking 2-3 days minimum to complete a set instead of trying to do it all in 1-2 days. When you use a gear service like the guy said before me we build sets within a few days, we highly depend on what is on the Ah at that time. I might overpay for some items if they are worth it but I will never buy an item that does not go with the set.
Reply Quote
150m budget
WW barb
BigBoss#1294
Reply Quote
What amulet is good for me ?
Strength
Vita/life%
Crit hc
Crit d
All resist
Average damage ?

For asi , with wotb u need 3% to hit the next break point ?
I have only 50-130mil to work with
Edited by Wockets#1532 on 11/11/2012 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
150m budget
WW barb
BigBoss#1294

Hey bud,

I'll add you tonight, and we'll start working on you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]