Diablo® III

DBoy187 & Acrimony's Gearing Service

Acrimony, would say, 50M be enough to gear up my barb?
Reply Quote
How's my barb look? What MP level should I be able to do?

I also have a shield stashed with 1100 armor, 9% crit, 275 str, 18% block, 175 vit.

Judging by your gear, you look to be in good shape, Jim. I suspect you'll be able to do MP6 fairly easily given that you're above all the benchmarks I had observed from my original testing. I really wish Blizzard would stop moving the goal posts though -- so much conflicting information out there regarding the minimum requirements.

I do encourage you to pick up some attack speed though :D

Edit: And a socketed helm!

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I've never owned a socketed helm. I know they are awesome, but I've never had the funds to buy one with other stats I want. Maybe someday I'll get an IK helm or mempo to drop...

I'll keep my eyes on the AH for IAS/crit rings. I have some other similar quality gear in stash that I can swap around to trade among the stats of ias, crit, crit damage, hp, resists until I find something that works. So I can drop some damage for more EHP if needed or add damage/ias and lose EHP if fury generation is poor.

Good to know I am in the ballpark though.
Reply Quote
@Acrimony

I'm guessing that my gear is going to be good enough for farming MP5-6 or so. However, I was wondering if it's good enough for 1-2 runs through MP10 without dying excessively; just to get the keys and hellfire ring and such.
Reply Quote
Amazing that people pay for this sort of thing, when the information is readily available for free already.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 03:25 PMPosted by BadPathing
Amazing that people pay for this sort of thing, when the information is readily available for free already.

I posted this earlier before your post:

I suspect most players won't need our help, which is why I'm not only hoping to help other Barbarians figure it out themselves via this thread, but through other avenues like reading posts and getting a hold of the mechanics involved! It makes it easier for me to help since I would rather farm than accept the many requests I get in a day.

And if my services are required, I'd like it to make up for the missed time farming. People pay for this sort of thing because we're good at this. We know the AH, we know the builds inside and out, and we don't cut corners.

Oddly, I've gotten a few requests already and turn two of them down. As much as I would like to help, I don't like cutting corners on a build that requires very specific benchmarks.

@Acrimony/DBoy187
Gear? Spec? Any suggestions. Will pay consultant fee, no problem. Please add me on Skype. Jbsimms86

I will let you know in a bit. Busy farming at the moment.

10/03/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Stealthyzero
Acrimony, would say, 50M be enough to gear up my barb?

In my opinion, no. You should continue farming because 50m might get you close to some benchmarks (I would have to rearrange the itemisation you have up because you will find yourself suffering from trying to upgrade three things instead of one.

Example: I had 24% movement speed and 37k DPS a month or so ago. The movement speed was in my Lacuni Prowlers and my Tyrael's Might. I had to buy new boots and make up for the loss in DPS from my chest plate by getting Ice Climbers and a new IK chest plate. It's (was) a headache.

My advice: Keep farming.
Reply Quote
@Acrimony

I'm guessing that my gear is going to be good enough for farming MP5-6 or so. However, I was wondering if it's good enough for 1-2 runs through MP10 without dying excessively; just to get the keys and hellfire ring and such.

Let me get back to you on that. I know DBoy was testing out other aspects of the S&B set-up in PTR, but I haven't. I don't want to give you a bunch of nonsense.
Reply Quote
sup everyone im the guy acrimony recently helped (check the thread he linked in OP) i just gotta say im lucky for choosing acrimony out of the people that offered help because all of the advice and help he provided was flawless. at first i had no idea how good i couldve made my barb but he helped me by teaching me little tips and tricks about the AH and how my build works, now im farming more efficiently than i thought was possible! highly recommended
Reply Quote
acrimony: sounds like you've spent a decent amount testing on the PTR. I've spent maybe 15 minutes or so messing about on act 3 MP4, and it was comparable to the speed and ease with which I currently farm act 3 on live, though my SOJ hadn't transferred over properly. From what I can tell, it makes most sense to settle on an MP level that you can farm comfortably, as opposed to running an MP level that you cannot farm overly fast. Would you say this is the case? What did you experience while farming? From your video I can already tell you that I have no desire to step into MP 10 as a means of farming for loot (for warden runs and bragging rights on bosses, maybe) because that did not look efficient at all, and my gear is not as good yours so I can only imagine sitting there whacking away for 10 minutes to down one white.

Anyway, yeah, did you find a sweet spot in terms of MP level farming efficiency?
Reply Quote
@Acrimony/Dboy187

Looking to do MP6+ farming, still saving up for a high end imk chest piece. Will prob sell the zunn pox ring b4 1.05 and plan to chg ruby to amethyst for headpiece. Also, i have a tab full of decent OH with LS but using the sunkeeper for farming atm. My question is: Can pls advice if my main-hand needs upgrading and will i need more Allres if i drop wc for op/ks when 1.05 comes. If so, which slot can i squeeze in more allres while maintaining dps.

Many thanks for your advice and appreciate what you both are doing for the barb community.
Reply Quote
Hi Acrimony & DBoy,

Excellent services you guys are providing to Barb community. Keep up the good work guys!

I have a budget of about 20m only. Need to know if my current build can handle MP4 for farming.

Please provide your advice and will change my directions accordingly.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
@Acrimony

at a current 250m savings, should i save for a ik helm with AR or a rare helm with str/vit/soc/cc/ar?
Other than my helm, what would u recco me to buy?
Reply Quote
acrimony: sounds like you've spent a decent amount testing on the PTR. I've spent maybe 15 minutes or so messing about on act 3 MP4, and it was comparable to the speed and ease with which I currently farm act 3 on live, though my SOJ hadn't transferred over properly. From what I can tell, it makes most sense to settle on an MP level that you can farm comfortably, as opposed to running an MP level that you cannot farm overly fast. Would you say this is the case? What did you experience while farming? From your video I can already tell you that I have no desire to step into MP 10 as a means of farming for loot (for warden runs and bragging rights on bosses, maybe) because that did not look efficient at all, and my gear is not as good yours so I can only imagine sitting there whacking away for 10 minutes to down one white.

Anyway, yeah, did you find a sweet spot in terms of MP level farming efficiency?

I never said that I would be farming MP10 exclusively. For me, it was a personal gear check, a demonstration that the DT is still very much viable, and a way to show that the gear check is extreme on all accounts. At the moment, I'm at a standstill in gearing because I'm waiting for a bunch of things to settle down in the AH -- only then will I start farming at MP9/10.

So my comfort level for 30 second (or less) elite kills will be around 7 or 8.

However, keep in mind that the proc-coefficient will be reduced by 60% in the RLTW mechanics -- this means that there will be a greater strain on your gear resources to ensure survivability. It's why I have been posting around the forums about EHP and trying to pound the point home -- today's Inferno won't be the same as tomorrow's inferno because of that very big nerf and the damage increase in each monster power. Our fury generation will be reduced as well as our leeching abilities. It's why you see a bunch of higher DPS Barbarians switching over to life-steal or a mixture of life-steal and life-on-hit.

Another important thing to note: damage bursts/spikes. Not many people are aware of it. One will have to experience it to understand why EHP will become more of a focus.

@Acrimony/Dboy187

Looking to do MP6+ farming, still saving up for a high end imk chest piece. Will prob sell the zunn pox ring b4 1.05 and plan to chg ruby to amethyst for headpiece. Also, i have a tab full of decent OH with LS but using the sunkeeper for farming atm. My question is: Can pls advice if my main-hand needs upgrading and will i need more Allres if i drop wc for op/ks when 1.05 comes. If so, which slot can i squeeze in more allres while maintaining dps.

Many thanks for your advice and appreciate what you both are doing for the barb community.

I didn't have much of an issue with resistances/survivability in MP7/8 because my resistances and EHP were high enough. However, War Cry is pretty essential in group play of MP9 or 10 though -- I may it a priority to ensure at least one person had it equipped. The damage mitigation of the nerfed War Cry is still pretty important. For solo runs, I think most will be okay without it. Some one-shot situations will inevitably happen, but for the most part, I would probably equip Overpower's Killing Spree or Crushing Advance, simply because it dually leeches off your life-steal and provides substantial damage reduction/proc-rates.

Edit: As for your main-hand it looks fine for now. So long you got a sword/dagger equipped that functions well with your main-hand, you should be fine.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 10/3/2012 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Great work here guys.

I unloaded all my LOH gear for life-steal.
I'm pretty sure I'm about ready for the patch, as soon as i can snag some high AR, AS, CC gloves. Would love an IK belt but a good one is way out of my range.

Looking to farm mp8, from what I can tell I'm really close, but haven't tried my new weapons on the ptr yet :)

Hoping to have 80mil for a few(or one) pieces soon. Can't decide on what other than gloves.

Check my profile let me know what you think.
also in my stash
life steal dagger, just in case
http://imgur.com/yjxO5
echoing fury from drop
http://imgur.com/Zk8db
1.04 mighty weapon, axe has too much dps for keeping wotb up
http://imgur.com/26Ph6
Reply Quote
Hi Acrimony & DBoy,

Excellent services you guys are providing to Barb community. Keep up the good work guys!

I have a budget of about 20m only. Need to know if my current build can handle MP4 for farming.

Please provide your advice and will change my directions accordingly.

Thanks!

For MP4, you're fine. Save the gold and add more ways to boost your block chance or something. A tip though: Use Battle Rage's Marauder's Rage (more DPS) since you don't have a fury spender other than Rend -- Earthquake's two minute cool down doesn't warrant using a fury generator.

@Acrimony

at a current 250m savings, should i save for a ik helm with AR or a rare helm with str/vit/soc/cc/ar?
Other than my helm, what would u recco me to buy?

Your gear looks very good. If you're gonna spend it on an IK helm, you're only gaining the melee damage reduction bonus. If I were you, I would continue saving maybe? I can't see a reason why you should spend it on a helm just yet -- bear in mind that you'll gain some resistances, but you won't be able to roll AR and Vitality simultaneously on your IK Helm.

Knowing me, I'd just get Ice Climbers :D
Reply Quote
Skipped me! :( Haha
Reply Quote
Hi acrimony, what MP level do you think I could do with my current gear? My focus is on paragon levelling.

Do you think that its worth sacrificing the IK boots for Ice Climbers to get my stats up, so that I can do higher MP levels? I read another thread that they think with MP levels it will be more about killing efficiency, not speed.
Reply Quote
More to come
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Fakebook
Skipped me! :( Haha

I didn't! I answered above!

Hi acrimony, what MP level do you think I could do with my current gear? My focus is on paragon levelling.

Do you think that its worth sacrificing the IK boots for Ice Climbers to get my stats up, so that I can do higher MP levels? I read another thread that they think with MP levels it will be more about killing efficiency, not speed.

What's the difference? If efficiency means not dying several times a run, then I guess that counts for something.

At your gear, probably MP6. Hard to say because your AR is lower than I would be comfortable with.

@eye I don't think you can farm MP8 efficiently or comfortably. I will go on PTR in a few to show you the big gap between what you should be able to handle (MP5/6) and MP8.

Give me about 15 minutes and I'll go on stream.
Reply Quote
Thanks Acrimony.

Just asking the question cos thats the argument going on in this thread from Ender/Rezic:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679518691?page=1

So my AR is the thing keeping me down? Any cost-effective suggestions to improve this? Is the aim to be able to farm MP10 efficiently or is that missing the point of it?
Reply Quote
Hello acrimony. Thanks for offering the service.

I have a 250m budget to improve my barb. Could you please take a look I have no probd paying a fee. Thank you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]