Diablo® III

DBoy187 & Acrimony's Gearing Service

Hello acrimony. Thanks for offering the service.

I have a 250m budget to improve my barb. Could you please take a look I have no probd paying a fee. Thank you

Thanks Acrimony.

Just asking the question cos thats the argument going on in this thread from Ender/Rezic:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679518691?page=1

So my AR is the thing keeping me down? Any cost-effective suggestions to improve this? Is the aim to be able to farm MP10 efficiently or is that missing the point of it?

Farming MP10 *efficiently* is impossible without a hellfire ring and a copious amount of DPS. I don't like the word efficiently in that context you're interpreting from that thread because it means not dying. Not dying is a bullsh1t excuse to make kiting an 'okay' strategy. I rarely, if ever, use it and when I do, it's because I was being stupid or waiting for someone to port in for the loot.

Efficiently to me is killing quickly. Basically: # of elites/hour vs. # of deaths/ hour. Which would you rather have?

Hello acrimony. Thanks for offering the service.

I have a 250m budget to improve my barb. Could you please take a look I have no probd paying a fee. Thank you

Do you want us to help your Barbarian? From where I'm sitting, you seem to have it figured out. I do have some suggestions though -- ones I can easily make gainful improvements on if you want one of DBoy or I to help you out.
Reply Quote
will let you know in a bit. Busy farming at the moment.

Pfft! That's not the answer I want bro! Haha. Hit me up on Skype or answer here, whatever is easiest for you. Again don't mind paying you a bit for your time. Would probably be best to just Skype-call me so you can continue farming! :)
Reply Quote
@acrimony - how long does it take u to clear act 3 on mp8 and mp10?

so u think i should sell my ring (wailing)/ammy asap as they'll drop in value?
Reply Quote
@acrimony - how long does it take u to clear act 3 on mp8 and mp10?

so u think i should sell my ring (wailing)/ammy asap as they'll drop in value?

Actually haven't done a full A3 run on MP8, let alone 10 lol

I'll be going on in a few. Just waiting for my brother to get home so I can have my !@#$%^- coffee and a reason to continue procrastinating :D
Reply Quote
Yes agree Acrimony that dying lots is probably not the most efficient way.

Ok do you have any quick advice on improving my character then so I can move up the MP levels from 6 to like 8??

Would my char still be able to do WW in MP6? Or do I need more crit chance or IAS?
Edited by Bankai#2591 on 10/3/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
heyy,
i'm having a hard time farming act 3 without dying...any sugestion on what i should throw up and what i can do....

thxx
PLC
Reply Quote
Alright, stream up. Will start in a few minutes. Waiting for graphic card to warm up.

www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561

Just to demonstrate Monster Power at 6 and 8 and to explain how my definition of efficiently (shared by many others) hinges on holding Wrath and generating an enormous amount of kills per hour.
Reply Quote
lucidus#1395, 110m~, DT

As of now, what MP level do you think I'd be capable of?

I wouldn't mind switching specs to SnB, but thats if and only if doing so would mean my elites per hour at MP5+ would outpace a DT spec with my budget.
Reply Quote
Acrimony,
Am I ready for 1.05?
I play Ss+rend+into the Frey
Using snb or 2hander
Reply Quote
acrimony, been following you for a bit and am trying to get used to replacing War Cry with Overpower... don't want to post my exact bank, but I'm about half of what you posted as a req for the DT build and was wondering if I'd be able to hang in 1.0.5 with my current gear and if my stated bank is enough to hopefully upgrade me from where I am now.
Reply Quote
Acrimony thanks for the reply.

I will tip you for your suggestions for gainful improvements. I know I should upgrade my jewellery but I'm waiting for 1.05 to hit first before I get those. Also, I'm reluctant to drop my mf as was suggested by dboy previously.
Reply Quote
Acrimony, do you plan to stick with DT for patch or switch to a different build?

I've been contemplating if I want to go SnB as DT, picking up a 32%+ block SS with a nice crit roll. My gear is so so currently, I have over 200m that I'm waiting until after patch to spend since some prices may drop with the increase drop rates (hopefully...wouldnt be surprised if selling my 4 pieces of IK came to bite me lol)

Yup, I'm sticking to the Double Tornado; when I heard about the proc-coefficient nerf I was very worried about the DT viability at the higher levels. Those worries turned out to be baseless, so I started making minor changes to my building.

If you want some help gearing, fire me a request and I'll get you to when I can. DBoy187 will be around at some point as well. I would advise you to keep your IK set!

You can view here how easy MP10 was for me: http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/333561462 (9:00 mark)

Ended up flipping my IK while I was sleeping last night and made a little bit of profit. After supplementing the slots with cheap gear I kind of took the melee reduction and LS for granted lol. I did some PTR earlier with my IK and a mace instead of MW MP5 and was taking too long to kill elites IMO. Going to pickup the IK Helm/Belt possibly and just get the 2 piece since fury generation wasn't much of a problem, by the time I lost WoTB it was already off CD. Time to upgrade my weapons, I'm still sad over the 7xx dps dagger with 98% CD 3% LS 125 str and OS I lost the other day.
Reply Quote
Quick gear check here.

I've played the PTR a bit, from what I can gauge, MP4 should be doable? MP6 I had trouble.
Reply Quote
Disregarding my jewelry (I plan to upgrade them next patch), where do you feel like I should improve the most/easiest?

I have about 250-300m.

Been debating for like a month, scared to buy a few pieces and not have a good coherent set.
Reply Quote
hey acrimony/dboy, a suggestion.. you should probably tell your clients how much time is needed to buy/get their gears for money, or how much time they (the clients) need their gears. i guess for 100-200m, it can be done with 1 sitting.. but probably anything above that, it might take a few days to get the right pieces for the right price.. :D

good luck in your endeavor :D
Reply Quote
Hi Acrimony and Dboy, i've about 100m to spare, and holding onto my current jewellery before 1.05 is set in stone.

Was wondering if my current gear is able to take MP8 to MP10? Else, what sort of items should I be looking at? I know my MH is sucky, but i just couldn't bear to let go of the mighty weapon.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply Quote
Hi Acrimony, I was hoping for some input on my gear. I run the standard WW build and was wondering if I am currently geared well enough for 1.05. I currently have around 40m for gear upgrades if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Also, I do have gear anticipating the change to 1.05. The gear I have will change my stats to around 73k dps, 45k life, 860 loh, and 5.7 LS.
Edited by wutevaplaya#1142 on 10/3/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay, last post before I finish farming for the night. I'm amazed by the interested, and somewhat intimidated by the work ahead!

heyy,
i'm having a hard time farming act 3 without dying...any sugestion on what i should throw up and what i can do....

thxx
PLC

Unfortunately, if you have a limited budget, there's not much I can do other than to encourage you to continue farming. You have, I think, 29% attack speed, but 38% critical hit chance to leech just a touch under 1,400 LOH -- don't think that's sustainable in the higher levels as the proc coefficient nerf has reduced your leeching power by 60%. So what you're gaining today (20%) will be reduced further by 60%.

i.e., 1,000 LOH today = 200 per proc; 1,000 LOH post-patch = 80 per proc

That's a massive drop. There are guys out there who have shown that 2,000 LOH is feasible, but I haven't had a chance to test that without life-steal on my gear.

lucidus#1395, 110m~, DT

As of now, what MP level do you think I'd be capable of?

I wouldn't mind switching specs to SnB, but thats if and only if doing so would mean my elites per hour at MP5+ would outpace a DT spec with my budget.

Hard to say with your low vitality. From what I remember the damage in MP5 is greater than what you're experiencing in today's Inferno. I got someone grabbing numbers for damage spikes per MP level later.

Acrimony,
Am I ready for 1.05?
I play Ss+rend+into the Frey
Using snb or 2hander

You should ask Ender/Rezic or DBoy about that. I haven't had a chance to test out the S&B set up yet. I will tomorrow or on the weekend.

10/03/2012 07:34 PMPosted by JMT
acrimony, been following you for a bit and am trying to get used to replacing War Cry with Overpower... don't want to post my exact bank, but I'm about half of what you posted as a req for the DT build and was wondering if I'd be able to hang in 1.0.5 with my current gear and if my stated bank is enough to hopefully upgrade me from where I am now.

Hard to say. You have a similar set up to Dro, whose gear I tested, and I had difficulties sustaining even in MP4. A large part of that was due to the lack of movespeed (ideally 24% is best to avoid damage and space out tornadoes), but another part of that was the lack of extra leech. Looks like you got the rest of your gear together though.

Acrimony thanks for the reply.

I will tip you for your suggestions for gainful improvements. I know I should upgrade my jewellery but I'm waiting for 1.05 to hit first before I get those. Also, I'm reluctant to drop my mf as was suggested by dboy previously.

Sweet! I like gold :D

10/03/2012 07:53 PMPosted by heath
Ended up flipping my IK while I was sleeping last night and made a little bit of profit. After supplementing the slots with cheap gear I kind of took the melee reduction and LS for granted lol. I did some PTR earlier with my IK and a mace instead of MW MP5 and was taking too long to kill elites IMO. Going to pickup the IK Helm/Belt possibly and just get the 2 piece since fury generation wasn't much of a problem, by the time I lost WoTB it was already off CD. Time to upgrade my weapons, I'm still sad over the 7xx dps dagger with 98% CD 3% LS 125 str and OS I lost the other day.

Uberjager actually made a post somewhere about the melee damage reduction equivalent to resistances. I believe that 20% was the equivalent of 100 physical resistance, but I can't remember; I will try and find it tomorrow.

Disregarding my jewelry (I plan to upgrade them next patch), where do you feel like I should improve the most/easiest?

I have about 250-300m.

Been debating for like a month, scared to buy a few pieces and not have a good coherent set.

If you need help, don't be afraid to ask. We'll go over your gear, talk it over, and see if it's workable. There is the 10% fee, but that's the price we require as both of us are constantly inundated with gear help requests.

There are some warts on your gear, so fire me a request if you're ready to take the leap of faith on us.

hey acrimony/dboy, a suggestion.. you should probably tell your clients how much time is needed to buy/get their gears for money, or how much time they (the clients) need their gears. i guess for 100-200m, it can be done with 1 sitting.. but probably anything above that, it might take a few days to get the right pieces for the right price.. :D

good luck in your endeavor :D

We're aware that it'll take time to build. I already went over the process with one player, and I will do so with others in the future. It's all about maximizing their gold for the highest amount of quality gear we can get them so that they can farm efficiently.

Hi Acrimony and Dboy, i've about 100m to spare, and holding onto my current jewellery before 1.05 is set in stone.

Was wondering if my current gear is able to take MP8 to MP10? Else, what sort of items should I be looking at? I know my MH is sucky, but i just couldn't bear to let go of the mighty weapon.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hard to say looking at your gear. But ideally, AR, vitality, dexterity (maximum of 400-450) should be the targets. For DPS, critical hit chance, attack speed. If you want proc damage, go with critical hit damage. Base damage off of class attributes (in our case, strength) contributes to expeditious elite kills too.

Hi Acrimony, I was hoping for some input on my gear. I run the standard WW build and was wondering if I am currently geared well enough for 1.05. I currently have around 40m for gear upgrades if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Also, I do have gear anticipating the change to 1.05. The gear I have will change my stats to around 73k dps, 45k life, 860 loh, and 5.7 LS.

That sounds pretty good. More than enough I would think. Looking at your gear, you should be able to farm fairly easily at MP4/5. At 6 and beyond, I'm not too sure.

Alright, I'm done for the night. Won't be replying tomorrow as this my limit for advising. I always have more to offer, but there's only so much I can do before I lose my mind and forget I need to farm.

If you're ready to approach DBoy or me, fire us a request with the format required in the OP.

Good luck, happy farming.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 10/3/2012 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Cool, that is good to know. I would have been happy enough only farming MP1 so that is good news. I will send you a friend message when I am ready to get some gearing help. Thanks again!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]