Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

Where's the dislike, spam or troll buttons on blues.. He must be kidding.. Time to say goodbye to diablo 3 as a whole.. Most of us continued the game living on hopes, with all the rants out there, they are saying that the class is solid.. Thanks anyway..
Yeah, can't "dislike" the blue post.
Hopefully the overwhelming comments in this forum will show the utter disdain Monks feel for those comments.

10/03/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment
Well, I "feel" your Monk is in Nightmare mode.
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power

do u guys even @#*()@0@-ing play ur own game? Or u guys just create a bunch of godly end game items, put it in a monk and then go:"wow that's strong! nerf it!". Pathetic. I'm done w/ monk. Now it's time to roll a barb.
I wanted to say thank you for the blue response. I didn't like what was said, but I appreciate the answer so that I can move in a new direction with my barb without wondering if monks were worth continuing to play.
I think I just looked through nine pages of complete !@#$%^-s. What the *!@# is so wrong with the monk?

My opinion? You all suck donkey junk at playing video games that require $%^-ing skill. I love my monk, and keep in mind I have not farmed for 1000 hours, in fact I play 5 days a week, maybe 1-2 hours a day. I completed inferno before the 1.04 patch came out and before my monk was good. I only have 30k damage, and I wreck shop....

So where is the disconnect between all of you and me? I don't think I have the best of gear, although I built my monk very smart. I utilized what I need, stacking a LOT of LoH, crit damage and chance, and resistances.

I can solo act4 inferno in a 4-man game, and when I play coop I am almost ALWAYS the
only one who doesn't die, compared to every other paper mache class out there (besides the barbarian).

Sure they do more damage, but ffs people give the complaining a rest. I am SO happy they aren't making changes to my monk, besides maybe a few minor ones. I have plans for upgrades in the near future to bring my damage up to about 80-120k, tripling my output, and only sacrificing some resistances.

Quit your monks everybody, please GOD quit. Then the market value on our gear will be lower. haha. Have a nice day

Haha it's gonna be a long road to 120k DPS for you, oh guru of monks with 30k DPS. Then maybe you will realize why monks are just gimped barbs when you WISH you had anything as OP as ruthless or weapons master (except OWE which is getting nerfed)
10/03/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Error37
I do notice when a nerf anti-character decision is made, the operative word in the Blue post is "feel", an emotive based decision not based on common sense, logical thinking skills.

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. CMs generally express the company line beginning with "We feel...". Not sure if they were all instructed to structure their feedback that way in order to connect to the customers, or if it just happened coincidentally, but it lends a really strange vibe to blue posts.
So uhmmmm does anyone at blizzard even play a monk? When OTHER classes, people who don't even play monks, recognize that monks are in a bad place in 1.05 HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THIS?! It's like trying to get a point across to a 5yo... we may as well be yelling at a wall.
I also don't understand how you could miss all the gripe on both the monk forums and the ptr forums, there's multiple threads stating issues/fixes to 1.05 monks and they go completely unnoticed.
The blue post here is probably the stupidest response to monk concerns going forward..
talking about buffing LTK? Nobody uses LTK because WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH SPIRIT TO WARRANT A SPENDER. We have resource issues, you cant refute that issue.
Sigh... Wish I had learned my lesson during years of terrible WoW PVP balance...
Can we get the SC2 team in here to balance the classes? Pretty Pretty please??
Man I'm really glad I bought Starcraft 2.
Blizz, don't be naive.. you have seen our posts and you're telling monks are fine????
I think i will quit if monk still suck in 1.05
Our armor, hp, resist and dps are lower than bb
What do we have? dodge?
Can we dodge laser? Can we dodge...?
Oh dodge may be too OP
Becoz Bz going to nerf dodge in 1.05
That blue post had nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but on the other hand I like the fact that they're trying to rework what it means to be a monk.

However they'll either A.) screw it up, or more likely, B.) do nothing at all....

This thread has so much rage. And it is well deserved.
You got to be kidding me.
No one is complaining about the so-called fantacy.
We are fragile and vulnerable!!!!!
I myself have a monk with currently 130k dps and 700-7000 defence. What do you want me to do in 1.05 with only 4000 armor??? Or you could just show me how you can survice in the Mp10 and I will never say a word any more.
Give me an explanation why in the MP10 are all BBs. Just because Jay Wilson plays BB?
decent place , maybe in live realm.

Still feel monk is the sux version of barb
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment

You FEEL? Top monks selling their gear, quitting playing, tons of posts from other monks on forums that state people are going to quit playing. These posts come from KNOWLEDGE people get from hundreds and even thousands hours of monk gameplay. And then you come with your FEELINGS and state these feelings are better than our knowledge. I'm fed up with this kind of crap.

You DO NOT LISTEN to the community. You are only guided (or misguided) by your feelings.

You are ruining this game. Unless you begin to listen to the community of people who obviously has much more knowledge of this class than you, this game is a waste of time for both of us, sir.
Edited by Mazz#2351 on 10/3/2012 9:17 PM PDT
Oh now we can't even express dislike on a blue post. We just have to accept whatEva being fed to us.. And they can safely say that from statistics, None dislike their idea and product.. Because of the Fact that people will be 100% with their decision, they have came into conclusion that they can just implement stuff base on feelings.. Sorry for not being constructive with the post, have seen too much constructive post not even reaching the blues..
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power, but there are some things that we would like to address with the class. Namely: we would like to delve deeper into fulfilling the fantasy of what it means to be a monk.

Currently, monks spend a lot of their time applying an assortment of DPS buffs through the use of utility and survivability buttons. The bulk of monk damage comes from very passive gameplay, like healing yourself to get a damage buff, or applying Sweeping Winds and not looking at it again. We want to give players who enjoy the fantasy of being a blur of fists and feet a more active playstyle, and we’d love to play up some other fun mechanics as well.

For example, one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown. Another possibility we’re exploring is making Lashing Tail Kick feel more compelling by moving the knockback component to a rune, or changing a rune to remove the knockback and instead increase the damage more meaningfully. These types of changes are not minor tweaks, however. We want to make sure we take some time to make meaningful changes that improve the overall play experience for these sacred warriors.

You got to be kidding me. No one is complaining about the so-called fantacy.We are fragile and vulnerable!!!!!I myself have a monk with currently 130k dps and 700-7000 defence. What do you want me to do in 1.05 with only 4000 armor??? Or you could just show me how you can survice in the Mp10 and I will never say a word any more.Give me an explanation why in the MP10 are all BBs. Just because Jay Wilson plays BB?
I see we're in need of a downvote button for blue post.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]