Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

I finally understood Vaeflare's post refering that Monks are powerful.......at monster power zero! I believe that is what Vaeflare meant because clearly the dev team never played a monk past mp0. Vaeflare post is a joke and we are demanding either Wyatt and Jay's replying regarding the state of Monks. We will not accept the CM's garbage posts anymore and we want a dev's reply. Bliz cannot turn a blind eye anymore regarding this as the thread has exploded over night and has outraged, upset, mock, disappointed, undermind and ridicule the entire monk community. They might has well complete their nerf plans with OWE.
We can cleary see, that players like skills, that are (maybe through other skills) self sustaining speed boosters.

Speed= Fun

Don't add cooldowns, but improve speed. Killspeed isn't necessary as much as you think. It's the feeling of being very fast.

The tactical classes like the Wiz, WD or DH should be powerful, but vulnerable.

A melee class should be able to plow through their opponents.

WE SHOULD RUN TOWARDS NOT FROM MONSTERS
Please don't test monk on hell or inferno mp0, try mp 7 or higher.
First character was a monk
Kept thinking blizzard would buff them since they were clearly underpowered.
Fully geared him once
Then I sold his gear and quit diablo
Why farm so slow and inefficient at such a high cost and %dodge(which has been nerfed) compared to Int (resistances) and STR (Armor)
Learn to make balanced games no one wants to play multi-player games competitively online if they are not balanced.
i'm not sure what to be more surprised about..

that a blue actually commented on this thread... or that people actually still think this game has hope

just comment & thread after thread about how much people hate blizz and hate d3..

sad its going to take another 100 patches before this game is even somewhat good again
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power, but there are some things that we would like to address with the class. Namely: we would like to delve deeper into fulfilling the fantasy of what it means to be a monk.

Currently, monks spend a lot of their time applying an assortment of DPS buffs through the use of utility and survivability buttons. The bulk of monk damage comes from very passive gameplay, like healing yourself to get a damage buff, or applying Sweeping Winds and not looking at it again. We want to give players who enjoy the fantasy of being a blur of fists and feet a more active playstyle, and we’d love to play up some other fun mechanics as well.

For example, one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown. Another possibility we’re exploring is making Lashing Tail Kick feel more compelling by moving the knockback component to a rune, or changing a rune to remove the knockback and instead increase the damage more meaningfully. These types of changes are not minor tweaks, however. We want to make sure we take some time to make meaningful changes that improve the overall play experience for these sacred warriors.

Oh yeah, so lets nerf current builds to piss off those f*cking OP monks and make them eat this sh*t...

Instead of nerfing builds, you should ponttential other skills... Currently I have seen some monks full dps changing breath of heaven for tempest rush, that's new... And also some monks with new builds for tank... But why nerfeing currently used skills?

Go to hell anyways... I think I will sell my set and take around 1-2k USD and quit the game.
Currently I have switched from dual wield to fist/shield. My dual wield build had over 2.5k LOH. But if I came across a knockback/vortex elite pack, I am screwed in Act 3. So I tried my hand at a tank build.

There is a big toss up between the two builds. Either try to do as much damage as possible before my Serenity and Seven Sided Strike go on cooldown, or change to defensive and not do any kind of damage.

So either, slow and steady wins the race, or pray you don't get jailed on top of an arcane sentry lol.

I really do like the monk for his survivability, however I do agree with it needing a DPS bump.

They adjusted the SSS damage, but honestly, I prefer the stun version in case of a sticky situation.
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power, but there are some things that we would like to address with the class. Namely: we would like to delve deeper into fulfilling the fantasy of what it means to be a monk.

Currently, monks spend a lot of their time applying an assortment of DPS buffs through the use of utility and survivability buttons. The bulk of monk damage comes from very passive gameplay, like healing yourself to get a damage buff, or applying Sweeping Winds and not looking at it again. We want to give players who enjoy the fantasy of being a blur of fists and feet a more active playstyle, and we’d love to play up some other fun mechanics as well.

For example, one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown. Another possibility we’re exploring is making Lashing Tail Kick feel more compelling by moving the knockback component to a rune, or changing a rune to remove the knockback and instead increase the damage more meaningfully. These types of changes are not minor tweaks, however. We want to make sure we take some time to make meaningful changes that improve the overall play experience for these sacred warriors.

Can I just state when you're looking at these changes you could also do with looking at more than just buffing dual wielding monks? Sheer damage buffs always benefit the high DPS variety but Blizz already kicks shield users in the teeth by making it near pointless. The DPS compared to survivability difference of having a second weapon vs having a shield is ridiculously in favour of DPS and going into patch 1.05 when monsters are easier and do less damage dual wielding will only be more viable since it'll be easier to pull off.

Can we have Blizz actually pay attention to the community and try and help us work on more build diversity please? I'm sick of the idea of every character having to be a crit damage, crit chance all DPS machine but that's all you're promoting.
OMG, is this the future of being a monk? You want a Monk ( melle char's) to run away from a fight by using Dashing strike ? I thought a role of a melle class is "tank" so range attackers such as DH and Wiz do the damage? Or wait you nerf STI to the ground... Now you want to turn a monk into a DH/Wiz... Seriously, this game have a massive designing fault..
10/04/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Spooky
Is anyone going to give suggestion as to how monks should be changed instead of just saying over and over again how they need it? Seriously, why would you complain that blizzard isn't thinking of good changes for the monk when you obviously have no idea what you actually want to be changed. Troll harder. Personally I like the idea of making LTK more diverse. As a monk, I want a skill adds to my dps and allows me to stay in the group without spreading them out. There are some good aoe spirit spenders, but they all cause knockback. Also, I like the idea of DS being able to be use as a movement enhancing skill. I always wanted to use it to dash across the map and it really bummed me out the first time i tried and it actually hindered my movement :( Lastly I love Combo Strikes passive. The idea of using multiple spirit gens to gain a damage advantage passively is sweet. Not only that, but it is fun and challenging to master. The issue I have is the way the strikes work in succession with each other. I believe the strike count (3 strikes per gen) should reset when you switch gens. This would make things way more interesting as far as planning out good combos that are extremely effective :D It would give you more strikes before your 3rd (with most runes the knockback strike)
Seriously? There have been many posts about monks and possibles passives and changes to active skills. But when reading a simple statement about how they feel the monk is fine they way it is now makes you feel kinda mad doesnt it.
Is anyone going to give suggestion as to how monks should be changed instead of just saying over and over again how they need it? Seriously, why would you complain that blizzard isn't thinking of good changes for the monk when you obviously have no idea what you actually want to be changed. Troll harder. Personally I like the idea of making LTK more diverse. As a monk, I want a skill adds to my dps and allows me to stay in the group without spreading them out. There are some good aoe spirit spenders, but they all cause knockback. Also, I like the idea of DS being able to be use as a movement enhancing skill. I always wanted to use it to dash across the map and it really bummed me out the first time i tried and it actually hindered my movement :( Lastly I love Combo Strikes passive. The idea of using multiple spirit gens to gain a damage advantage passively is sweet. Not only that, but it is fun and challenging to master. The issue I have is the way the strikes work in succession with each other. I believe the strike count (3 strikes per gen) should reset when you switch gens. This would make things way more interesting as far as planning out good combos that are extremely effective :D It would give you more strikes before your 3rd (with most runes the knockback strike)

Wow, just wow! You are such a noob!
10/04/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Wilbo
I finally understood Vaeflare's post refering that Monks are powerful.......at monster power zero! I believe that is what Vaeflare meant because clearly the dev team never played a monk past mp0. Vaeflare post is a joke and we are demanding either Wyatt and Jay's replying regarding the state of Monks. We will not accept the CM's garbage posts anymore and we want a dev's reply. Bliz cannot turn a blind eye anymore regarding this as the thread has exploded over night and has outraged, upset, mock, disappointed, undermind and ridicule the entire monk community. They might has well complete their nerf plans with OWE.

We cant expect Blizzard to put off patch 1.0.5 or even 1.1 pvp patch just because one class is brokien since the 15th May 2012 and it hasnt been fixed in any way till now. Blizzard is "thinking" of some useless skill changes that wont effect monks at all just to PRETENDT that they care and they listen.

You should judge the development team by theri actions. Since Bliizzard has done nothing about Monks till now there is no hope for Monks.
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power, but there are some things that we would like to address with the class. Namely: we would like to delve deeper into fulfilling the fantasy of what it means to be a monk. Currently, monks spend a lot of their time applying an assortment of DPS buffs through the use of utility and survivability buttons. The bulk of monk damage comes from very passive gameplay, like healing yourself to get a damage buff, or applying Sweeping Winds and not looking at it again. We want to give players who enjoy the fantasy of being a blur of fists and feet a more active playstyle, and we’d love to play up some other fun mechanics as well. For example, one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown. Another possibility we’re exploring is making Lashing Tail Kick feel more compelling by moving the knockback component to a rune, or changing a rune to remove the knockback and instead increase the damage more meaningfully. These types of changes are not minor tweaks, however. We want to make sure we take some time to make meaningful changes that improve the overall play experience for these sacred warriors.

Monks dont have any damage increase passive alike all other classes, only defensive ones therefor monks are madatorly tanks. Killing the only think that makes us survive and increasing useless skills is totaly worthless. As solution create at least 1 direct damage passive, fix dodge and recreate completely monk set because it is horrible(this applys to wiz set too) with useless bonus set. And btw why only barb set has awesome 6 parts? Where is the balance u spoke about...

You seem to be the troll sir, as others have said there are many people who have suggested on how to make the monk better. Just because no one stated their suggestions in this thread does not mean there aren't any, and how you can actually think that the blue post is something to look forward to just tells me you either are some kind of Blizz agent or don't want to understand the current situation of the monk
I play both Monk and Barb, but I favor my Monk (b/c I like suffering and I'm a glutton for punishment) - it would be funny if Monk wasn't so weak in comparison to Barb!

Blizzard,

Please for the love of D3...fix the Monk class...or at least try and see the problem. This thread has already filled with 25 pages of responses that you can see all have VALID complaints and or points about how the Monk class compares to Barb (since both mele) and what we'd like to see changed or replaced!

Fix how dodge works...why is it that stacking STR is more beneficial than stacking DEX when comparing how Barb vs Monk work?

Why don't I have a more compelling spirit generator than FoT (and I love, love my FoT do not NERF so people switch to others...SIMPLY give the rest a BUFF! How hard is that, give us choices, do not TAKE AWAY to force a switch to others)

Why doesn't my Sweeping Wind proc? Why? How hard is it?

Where is my spirit generator skill that generates Spirit on Crit Hits? (Like battle rage into the fray)?

How hard is it to see a problem here?

Why is the Monk gear set so low in defensive stats when in comparison to Barb and what is with the insulting 0.33 spirit regen versus 2.0 for the old Nats set bonus??? seriously 0.33?

Why are our passives so useless in general?

Why can't we use 2 mantras at once? Can a barb use both Battle Rage and War Cry? Why yes, what if THEY HAD TO CHOOSE one??? It would ruin the experience of playing that class...now imagine the fun Monk can be with having 2 Mantra's active at once:)

Please blizzard, I don't have a whole lot invested yet (close to 30 PL) but I'd like to keep playing Monk, don't make me switch to Barb full time!

way to dispute what 99% of the monk community is saying bliz. you guys are such a fail company its hilarious.

fellow monks just reroll barb or leave the game, those are the only options blizz leaves us.

This guy uses combination strike with only 1 spirit generator. Your argument is invalid.

this post is bad and you should feel bad.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]