Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though.

Ohh I get it, you mean nerfing OWE, right?
Just don't nerf barbs.
Thank you. This is a definite start people. No point in qq'ing them to release this ASAP. As long as they can at least acknowledge that Monks require some obvious tuning and are currently discussing these issues I'm happy. Ideally the next patch after 1.0.5 would be preferred but if they're legitimately serious on fixing this class, then hey, take your time. I'd rather wait for a balanced, enjoyable, playable class. Until then, keep calm, take a walk outside, sing a song, work out at the gym, play other classes, work on achievements, or play your monk so you can forever remember its current state until these changes come.

While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be. We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made, especially with regards to play style options, build diversity, and the performance and budget of monk resources. We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement, and we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though.

Ultimately, we want to make monks more engaging to play and really immerse players in what it would feel like to be a fast-punching martial arts master. We have a number of ideas on how to accomplish that for the future, and we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk. I also mentioned two other possible changes we’re considering in[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794319883#7"] my previous post[/url], but those certainly aren’t the only changes we’re looking into. They address another area we feel could use improvement, and that’s giving players some additional, more active play style options.

We have more improvements planned and they’re still only in the discussion phase, so we’re not really in a place right now to talk about them in much detail, but we’re actively working towards solutions to address many key concerns.
10/04/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Nickoli
Do people want every class to play the same? Why even have class's. Monks should be poised thoughtfull and more defensive then a savage barbarian. Not everyone should do as much damage as a mage but he/she should never be as defensive as a barb or monk. Please quit expecting every class do be able to do what another can. There are differant class's for a reason. Quit expecting blizzard to fix a game that was launched before it was completed. If anything can't we ask that it is left alone. I would prefer that actually.

Thanks for your insightful post. Your monk looks quite godly.. Wait, what's that? You don't have a monk?
Sorry guys!
"toptiered monks" nuff said
While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be. We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made, especially with regards to play style options, build diversity, and the performance and budget of monk resources. We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement, and we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though.
Ultimately, we want to make monks more engaging to play and really immerse players in what it would feel like to be a fast-punching martial arts master. We have a number of ideas on how to accomplish that for the future, and we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk. I also mentioned two other possible changes we’re considering in[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794319883#7"] my previous post[/url], but those certainly aren’t the only changes we’re looking into. They address another area we feel could use improvement, and that’s giving players some additional, more active play style options.

We have more improvements planned and they’re still only in the discussion phase, so we’re not really in a place right now to talk about them in much detail, but we’re actively working towards solutions to address many key concerns.

Fragility and Vulnerability
Take that into consideration plz!
A ONE-MIL-DPS monk can't survice with only no more than 4000 armor and ready-to-be-nerfed resistance
the blue responses in this thread are !@#$ING BULL%^-*. im dont even main monk, in fact, monk is the 4th most played class out of my 5 level 60s. but even just as a player who is interested in the monk class, i am fuming with the way blizzard is treating the players of this class.
i personally feel the monk is an op class they might not show mass dps in details but with the correct skill choices they kill just as fast as any other char.
the monk has great life/ resist and can kill inferno diablo in about 3-4 mins the ONE and only problem i see with a monk is they have no escape route, the demon hunter has vault/ smoke screen the witch doctor has spirit walk (which travels thru enemies) the wizard has teleport and well i dont know what the barb has because i do not like playing my barb they are so boring to me ( i dont know why) anyways back to the subject if the monks skill serenity could pass thru targets the monk would be perfect.
everybody crying about a monks damage needs to understand there are builds : tank or offensive or hybrid and if you are complete tank well then your dps is going to suffer.

I definitely agree with this, I have a monk friend that does clear act 3 just as fast or faster than me albeit lower his lower dps, and in 1.05 mp 6.
10/04/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Oist
I definitely agree with this, I have a monk friend that does clear act 3 just as fast or faster than me albeit lower his lower dps, and in 1.05 mp 6.
Posted by a Barb. Let me summarize:
"Hi, I have this second cousin of a friend who's uncle-in-law tells me that Monks are fine"
Yeah... okay. Nice story there. I might believe you someday, but not in 1.05.
You know, Vaeflare, if your first post had been more like your second post I might have believed you. But now, it just sounds like you're in crazy damage control mode. Also, you contradicted yourself.

"Monks are mostly fine" vs. "Monks have the most room for improvement" are very, very different answers. I'm glad you're finally doing your job, but if I pulled a stunt like that with my clients...well, I wouldn't have very many clients left. Or a job, for that matter.
Well, you can take all the time you want Bliz. I'm done. If your cup of coffee tastes like !@#$, you don't just sit there thinking "HMM, WELL THIS CUP OF COFFEE CERTAINLY HAS POTENTIAL FOR IMPROVEMENT. I THINK I'LL HAVE TO OPEN A DISCUSSION PHASE ABOUT IT FIRST, I BELIEVE THE IMPROVEMENT OF THIS COFFEE LIES IN SOME MYSTERIOUS UNQUANTAFIABLE VARIABLE THAT'LL TAKE ME ANOTHER 6 MONTHS TO FIGURE OUT!"

Nope, you just get another %^-*ing cup of coffee.

Jesus, just when I thought I couldn't be more disappointed in you guys. The rest of you sticking around, cheer up! Maybe by the second expansion pack they'll get it right.
Edited by Myst#1264 on 10/4/2012 10:28 PM PDT
i personally feel the monk is an op class they might not show mass dps in details but with the correct skill choices they kill just as fast as any other char.
the monk has great life/ resist and can kill inferno diablo in about 3-4 mins the ONE and only problem i see with a monk is they have no escape route, the demon hunter has vault/ smoke screen the witch doctor has spirit walk (which travels thru enemies) the wizard has teleport and well i dont know what the barb has because i do not like playing my barb they are so boring to me ( i dont know why) anyways back to the subject if the monks skill serenity could pass thru targets the monk would be perfect.
everybody crying about a monks damage needs to understand there are builds : tank or offensive or hybrid and if you are complete tank well then your dps is going to suffer.

your are not a WOW bar
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 10/4/2012 10:29 PM PDT
10/04/2012 08:33 PMPosted by SugarPanda
The blue is obviously out of touch with the monk. Would like Wyatt Chang to come in here please and give us a proper idea of what is happening with the Monk.

Then he need to be monk before understand what monk is all about.LOL
I remembered Jay mentioned that he created Monk char....Guess this is why he is only playing Barb all the time
What about this?

Skills per Class

Barb - 16 passives, 22 actives
Wiz - 15 passives, 25 actives
DH - 15 passives, 23 actives
WD - 15 passives, 22 actives

Monk - 14 passives, 21 actives

Take out some more skills and Monk turns a follower.
Edited by Klapalcius#1978 on 10/4/2012 10:48 PM PDT
10/04/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made

First of, thank you for your follow up post. We've heard it a lot since 1.05 that they will improve monks... anyhow, what we need to know from you is the monk's defense? Really what? you don't even mentioned the defense in your 2 recent posts... Really this is not right... Majority of the threads about monks is about the defense nerf so I would suggest answer it... You're plans of passive improvements are welcome but please stick to the main reason why these rages are coming...

Its better to shelved our monks and wait for your so called improvements...

10/04/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Ultimately, we want to make monks more engaging

Ultimately, monks are have always been engaging but this defense nerf will change that...
Very Very sad indeed ....

Val ... i feel sorry for you ,.. first you all say no nerfs ...well indeed the whole patch 1.05 is a huge nerf ...

if it was not... i would be able to farm your lvl 10 ...

How nice it is to come to work each day and lie to millions of people ...

You all have had planty of time to fix monks ..but refuse to do it ... just more and more lame excuses ...
the never ending story ...

So just suffer people we don't care ...
how ever long it takes us ... we will tweak it to our level of fun... not yours ...
what we hear over and over again ...

Sad ...but little too late ..

Don't worry monk we have till the end of time ...

Pathetically SAD !!!!!!

Wake up people

drink some ... ????
Edited by Chet111#1973 on 10/4/2012 10:49 PM PDT
i want my time back blizz
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]