Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

10/03/2012 05:44 PMPosted by harryscroter
ok kids, this is a great example of how you can say absolutely nothing in 3 paragraphs... learning is fun!!!!
This is me in college but expanded to 10 pages..
You should have done all this in the BETA TESTING.

GTFO.
Nice to hear : )
his second response was better then his first.....not that that's saying much but yeah. Least he acknowledged some concerns
LOL This is why I stopped playing after reaching paragon level 15 (around 2 months maybe). First, this game is really boring even when you play multiplayer. Second, I have mentioned so many times that Monk is such a weak class. I was thinking that Monk would be the coolest character in the diablo 3, but it is really disappointing.
1. WHY I HAVE TO SPAM BLAZZING WRATH FOR DAMAGE, WHEN THE PURPOSE OF BREATH OF HEAVEN IS TO HEAL?
2. WHY MONK DOES NOT HAVE A SKILL TO INCREASE CRITICAL HIT CHANCE (MAYBE FROM DODGE CHANCE PASSIVE SKILL (10% of DODGE CHANCE WILL GO TO CRIT CHANCE)
3. WHY MONK ATTACK SO SLOW!!! BULLLLL SITHTHTTTT
4. NOW YOU NERFED SEIZE THE INITIATIVE AND SOON "OWE"
5. MONK DOESNT HAVE USEFUL PASSIVE FOR ATTACK? THE STUPID COMBINATION DOESNT HELP... YOU !@#$IN FAT UGLY JAY %^-*ER WILSON
So lets talk about Monks on few examples:

example 1:
updated patch 1.0.5 changes

General
Followers, pets, and summoned creatures will no longer attack enemies that are in an idle state unless the player is within 10 yards of the enemy (note: Hydra heads and Sentry turrets are not affected by this change)

Auction House
An option to display Auction House events (sales, expirations, etc) has been added to the Social menu

Demon Hunter
Active Skills
Sentry
Cost changed from 10 Discipline to 30 Hatred
Increased from weapon damage from 55% to 88% 175%
Players can now have two turrets active at once, but an 8-second cooldown has been added to compensate
Sentry can no longer critically hit
Skill Rune – Spitfire Turret
Weapon damage increased from 8% to 15% 30%

Witch Doctor
Active Skills
Firebats
Reduced Mana cost by 20% (from 122 to 98 per period at level 60)
Haunt
Weapon damage increased from 575% over 12 seconds to 575% over 6 seconds
Skill Rune - Resentful Spirit
Weapon damage increased from 287% to 383% over 2 seconds
Spirit Barrage

Wizard
Active Skills
Archon: Slow Time
Slow increased from 30% to 60%
Blizzard
Arcane Power cost reduced from 45 to 40 (Snowbound cost will remain the same at 20 Arcane Power)
Disintegrate
Arcane Power cost reduced from 20 to 18 per period
Weapon damage increased from 155% to 170%
Skill Rune - Chaos Nexus
Weapon damage increased from 40% to 44%
Skill Rune - Entropy
Weapon damage increased from 178% to 196%
Skill Rune - Intesify
Weapon damage increased from 202% to 221%

Items
Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item's level) This now applies to random affixes on Legendary items
"Extra Health From Globes" now benefits potions
Monsters
Treasure Goblins will now play a sound whenever they become aware of a player
User Interface
You can now change the icon for each tab in the shared stash
The intent of this feature is to allow players the option to visually customize their stash tabs to better reflect its contents

Speaking on behalf of all monks I would like to thank Blizzard and the dev team for looking into monks and doing absoultely nothink. Personaly I also love your new policy "every feedback and every voice matters so keep it coming". There were loads of topic on monks and how patch 1.0.5 will be the end for monk. Monks complaing about dex, dodge, no offensive passives, spirit-system and so on and u are doing nothing. Hm so this new policy of your is a bllsht and the CM who was so satisfied on state of monk just admited it.

example 2:

For some time Blizzard is encouriging player to play in co-op. You reduced extra life for mobs per player to 70 % and want players to play in teams as well. By introducing monster power level you are damning Monks for solo play. No one wants to play with Monks anymore. Monks cant tank becasue we lack surviability. Monks cant dps bacause we lack dps skills. Monks are useless in party. No monk will be present in moster power level 10 both in team or solo bacause we are broken in terms of skills and mechanics

example 3:

A good example for many issues is Inna's set. The set lack any all res or chosen res by dafault on it so only if u roll it on random properities its worth using. 2-handed weapon is crap becasuse 2-handed weapons are crap and it lacks 1 more random properity to roll icc here and have socket additionaly as second random properity. So baciscly you dont give the weapon any chance of being good. Barbs do have on there immortal king's set 60 all res bonus right? Why dont we have it on Inna's especially that we dont have any res on any piece of it by default? We obviously need it. 2-parts bonus is nice but 4-parts bonus is my favourit. Gives player 10 life per every single point of spirit used. So Monks have by default 150 spirit so they can heal 1500 hp. Thats just crazy if u keep in mind that avarage a3 inferno ready monk has 35000 + hp. 1500 hp is nothing for them. But lets go on we cant heal that 1500 hp because we dont have any spamable skills. Lol thats not even borkien thats fcked up. Imba 0,33 spirit regenaration per second gives as a chance to use our co called "heal" after more than 2 minutes ... I could go on like this on the dodge, dexterity, dmg mitigation useless skills lack of surviability for eons.

But since Blizzard thinks that monks are in good shape there's no pint in doing that right?

And this feedback comes form a noob qq-ing monk playing on Europe that has 20 k + elites killed and 450 + hours on his monk with 100 k + dps unbuffed in dual-wield crappagon level 57 ...
Edited by dominiQ#2442 on 10/5/2012 12:29 AM PDT
10/04/2012 08:40 PMPosted by WarHogg
We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement, and we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though

all you did was nerfing monks! why the bbq you guys keep nerfing monks!!!@$@#$%@#(&%@#(%@#&!!!!! if you guys are still in discussion phase for planning, WHY DO YOU KEEP IMPLEMENTING NERFS WITHOUT THOROUGHLY BRAINSTORMING!!! STOP TESTING YOUR OWN GAME BY DEV CREATING YOUR OWN GEARS, TRY PLAYING IT AS A PLAYER!!!

WE WANT TO ENJOY THE GAME, NOT FROWNING THROUGH IT WORRYING WHAT WOULD WAY JILSON NERF IN THE NEXT PATCH.

I guess this time i'm leaving for good if you guys are continuing to be ignorant and stupid for 1.0.5 patch.

oh wait...you guys are!
Edited by nasiminyak#1184 on 10/5/2012 12:38 AM PDT
wth u talkin about monks useless in MP10 especially co-op... No other class can increase dmg done to mobs by 48% for the whole party.. Even if you are 30-40k DPS below other classes.. i feel that on MP10 uberbosses co-op a monk is a nessesety to finish it before enrage timer. Also in 1.05 the STI nerf is nothing bad unless you face reflect. Mobs dmg has been nerfect next to noting but reflect dmg deals 2-3x more to monks now.. and haveing extra healt + reflect.. well have fun stacking 1500+ LoH and 6% LS...
If you say monk sucks in co-op.. go have a game with a barb (not WW) or a CM wiz.. I find it amazing how easy it becomes for everyone in a party like that...
Just learn to adapt

Oh and i'm not saying monks are perfect.. they have plenty of flaws and skills that should scale up as you lvl/get better stats (like BoH)
Monks have been an incomplete class since release
wth u talkin about monks useless in MP10 especially co-op... No other class can increase dmg done to mobs by 48% for the whole party.. Even if you are 30-40k DPS below other classes.. i feel that on MP10 uberbosses co-op a monk is a nessesety to finish it before enrage timer. Also in 1.05 the STI nerf is nothing bad unless you face reflect. Mobs dmg has been nerfect next to noting but reflect dmg deals 2-3x more to monks now.. and haveing extra healt + reflect.. well have fun stacking 1500+ LoH and 6% LS...
If you say monk sucks in co-op.. go have a game with a barb (not WW) or a CM wiz.. I find it amazing how easy it becomes for everyone in a party like that...
Just learn to adapt

Oh and i'm not saying monks are perfect.. they have plenty of flaws and skills that should scale up as you lvl/get better stats (like BoH)
finally someone with a !@#$ing brain lol.
You can't give your party Conviction if you're dead in one of Uber Ghom's clouds or 1shot by Skeleton King. So maybe you turtle up, throw on a shield, stack resist, LoH, LS and LPSS at the expense of your damage. You're now brought along as a buffbot, and the other classes have to make up for your horrendous damage to beat the enrage timer. They start to wonder if it was worth bringing you when they could just find another barb or dh. It's not like you're really tanking anything. There's no aggro system. So why are you there?
10/05/2012 12:40 AMPosted by papaHav
Monks have been an incomplete class since release

the only reason I keep playing the monk is because I hoped the class will be fixed when the time comes, but now ...

do not make the a mistake twice, not to listen to the community
i just figured out what the main problem for monk class is..
It is the gear we need. Cos it has to be so fkin specific.
I'm not gonna complain about the price cos.. to be honest.. for gear with such specs.. i can understand.. But why on earth we need gear that needs an extra 1 or 2 affexs compared to all other classes? I tought about buying a witching hour that has 120+ dex and AR on in.. guess what.. there is non.. the highest dex on a witching hour that also has AR is 87.. DA FK?? while there is over 20 items for 130+ Stra/Int.. and stat going up to 160++
From this.. i guess a way to improve monk is they can just increase the roll rate of Dex on gears cos there are 2 classes that have it as their main stat. And there is no way u can compeat with someone who can go class gannon with half the price and farm twice as fast.
10/05/2012 12:51 AMPosted by Vitaunus
You can't give your party Conviction if you're dead in one of Uber Ghom's clouds or 1shot by Skeleton King. So maybe you turtle up, throw on a shield, stack resist, LoH, LS and LPSS at the expense of your damage. You're now brought along as a buffbot, and the other classes have to make up for your horrendous damage to beat the enrage timer. They start to wonder if it was worth bringing you when they could just find another barb or dh. It's not like you're really tanking anything. There's no aggro system. So why are you there?

Ghom Cloud??? da fk man.. u done uber bosses? Even with my measly 25k Hp and 550 AR i had no troble in Ghom Cloud.. SK WW can be easily dodge.. and with 40k HP it dun 1hit you anymore. Tough if you are inside with a CM wiz.. it is lot harder cos SK is bugged. I've done all uber bosses on MP7 and the only boss i found difficult was the SK cos it could 1hit me if not careful.. so please dun come here and start bashing monk if u dun know !@#$ about it.
looking at ur profile.. i honestly dun get wth u are complaining about?
Wiz : arcane regeneration
WD : mana regeneration (plus all equipement boost)
DH : hatered auto regen (plus all equipement boost) and can REGEN BY SHOOTING BLANK
Barb : Fury is going down, but goes up when getting hit
Monk : Spirit going up only when hitting hard target (plus equipement boost but is the lowest resource regen)

spirit can also go up from the passives an skills though also which make spirit regen faster in burst. they can tweak those but i tested some spirit builds an pretty much you always have spirit. my monk is low played but if i were to stack an play my monk im pretty sure i could manage endless spirit pretty much all times. I think the defensive side of monks need to shine more more than just dodge. maybe they can have a chance to make themselves missed by targets as well because they move so fast. like how they did in final fantasy 11 ninjas.
after maintenance, i find my monk less weak at mp7. ( yesterday i couldn't surviveat mp7)

what was changed ? Don't know but today, for survive, i don't need the shield anymore and can take the dmg mantra again .... with same gear as yesterday ...

somebody have the same feeling ?

but we got always the same problem, we don't make enough dmg, we need a passiv or better set ...nd we need something like the jump from barb ...
Edited by MaoUs#2639 on 10/5/2012 1:13 AM PDT
Just learn to adapt

you sure do know alot for a level 1 monk.
Edited by nasiminyak#1184 on 10/5/2012 1:16 AM PDT
Some constructive concepts for Monk skill buffs

Chant of resonance - increase mantra buff from 3 seconds to 6 second, up the spirit per sec to 3.

Guardians path - when dual wielding fist weapons or Daibo gain 10% (15%?) chance to BLOCK for xx to xx damage (dependant on level, this could really encourage the use of Diabo's especially)

Sixth sense - x % of dodge is added to your critical chance (inferno monks would be expecting around 8-10ish % from this perk imho)

Beacon of Ytar - all cool downs cut by 33%, cool down skills cost 33% less spirit (an aggressive cut to cooldowns could bring out some radical burst damage monk builds)

Dashing strike - needs the ability to "no target" dash even if the distance isnt as good as a targeted dash.

Exploding palm - needs to cost less, the DOT is probably sufficient but the on death explosion is far too small & weak, its runes are crappy too. (thing that hurts the most is that in the E3/blizzcon demos years before release it looked brutally powerful)

Inner sanctuary - costs too much , cools too long and isnt large enough, it also needs to clear ground AOE effects on casting (such a nice idea thats too clunky to actually use)

mystic ally - needs to be tougher and its Ai needs bit of work on target prioritising

all the generators need a tweak for procs , spirit gen, attack speed and overall effectiveness when measured against thunderclap.

im aware that some things here have been proposed in one way or another by other posters but i just wanted to throw in my 2c as a keen monk player.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]