Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

you sure do know alot for a level 1 monk.

troll too much?
A good offensive passive would be something like:

"Increases critical hit chance(or damage) by _._% for every attack dodged for __ seconds. Stacks up to __ times."

.... 'cause monks are martial artists...... and they're supposed to be masters at finding pressure/vital points the longer a fight draws on......???
wth u talkin about monks useless in MP10 especially co-op... No other class can increase dmg done to mobs by 48% for the whole party.. Even if you are 30-40k DPS below other classes.. i feel that on MP10 uberbosses co-op a monk is a nessesety to finish it before enrage timer. Also in 1.05 the STI nerf is nothing bad unless you face reflect. Mobs dmg has been nerfect next to noting but reflect dmg deals 2-3x more to monks now.. and haveing extra healt + reflect.. well have fun stacking 1500+ LoH and 6% LS...
If you say monk sucks in co-op.. go have a game with a barb (not WW) or a CM wiz.. I find it amazing how easy it becomes for everyone in a party like that...
Just learn to adapt

Oh and i'm not saying monks are perfect.. they have plenty of flaws and skills that should scale up as you lvl/get better stats (like BoH)

1. What a splendid naive one! For how long will monk holding 48% buff without melee range? 3! And at melee? Answer: 3+4 sec of runed serenity then you will die and make no buff.
Without high passive resregen or great amount of surv stats/passives monk is just a burden for party. Should mention 48% buff means skill slots, any buff skill take away our surv skills/passives. ATM blizz do everything that even stay alive for monk is a task. Be normal buffer, damager and still alive is a luxury.
2. At high mp you as a partymemb will increase monster hp for great %. Waaaaay more than 48%. Until great overgear buff-monk makes elites more trouble for a party) Most imba-geared did run (farm) and will solo. At randoms you will find that if you can kill elites by yourself its more easy and comfortable to do it alone. If you cant - read point 1.
3. Ok, you is a buffer for 3 of your friends. Why other classes are independent normal chars while only monk is a buffer? Is it interesting to play d3 just as someones "add-on"? Why barb warcryes didnt make him a shouting-buffing-diyingfrompools-crap?
Edited by Holylight#2851 on 10/5/2012 1:52 AM PDT
A good offensive passive would be something like:

"Increases critical hit chance(or damage) by _._% for every attack dodged for __ seconds. Stacks up to __ times."

.... 'cause monks are martial artists...... and they're supposed to be masters at finding pressure/vital points the longer a fight draws on......???

Monks should be incredibly good now that mobs have insane HP in higher MPs - their problem has always been staying alive/movespeed/ and the long DPS windup.

Mantras are some of the best party skills as is already, you guys don't need it there.
I'm not sure what's going on in PTR with monks relative to the broken !@# Barbs, but you'd think that insane monster HP would be where combo skills and DOT (exploding palm/bleed).

Is this not the case? It should be the case if it isn't.
So in one day, your position went from "We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment" to "We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement."

Damage control mode?
I feel like thunderclapping these stupid blizzard people nerfing every single shat out there.
Admiting monks have a problem is the first part.
Now get off your a***s and start fixing them already.
Should not be hard:
switch barb developers with monk developers.

1. What a splendid naive one! For how long will monk holding 48% buff without melee range? 3! And at melee? Answer: 3+4 sec of runed serenity then you will die and make no buff.
Without high passive resregen or great amount of surv stats/passives monk is just a burden for party. Should mention 48% buff means skill slots, any buff skill take away our surv skills/passives. ATM blizz do everything that even stay alive for monk is a task. Be normal buffer, damager and still alive is a luxury.
2. At high mp you as a partymemb will increase monster hp for great %. Waaaaay more than 48%. Until great overgear buff-monk makes elites more trouble for a party) Most imba-geared did run (farm) and will solo. At randoms you will find that if you can kill elites by yourself its more easy and comfortable to do it alone. If you cant - read point 1.
3. Ok, you is a buffer for 3 of your friends. Why other classes are independent normal chars while only monk is a buffer? Is it interesting to play d3 just as someones "add-on"? Why barb warcryes didnt make him a shouting-buffing-diyingfrompools-crap?

1. for how long? in uber boss fight i have it on the whole fight
Hmm.. so you dun use mantra i get from that...
2. Yes.. i increase mob HP more than 48%.. but so what? it is not like i go in there with 5k DPS just to use MoC???
3. i dun even get what da fk u trying to point out..

anyway.. everyone here seems to assume that to do MP5+ u need like 100k+++ DPS or smth.. and they are stating that a 65k DPS monk would be a burden? why in the 1st place u think that? Maybe i am the highest DPS in the party? still a burden? I rather have a 70k DPS monk in my party than a 120k DPS DH
a helm and belt are certainly not the same, spirit stones are garbage atm, and belts dont hold sockets, so why waste time on a spirit stone?
clearly a large problem with monks is theyre tanks without tank damage. not complaining, just agreeing with the release of d3 w/o being completed comment.
So in one day, your position went from "We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment" to "We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement."

Damage control mode?
WDs were MUCH worse off than monks pre 1.04. u guys need to wait your turn.
All the tears about barbs.... Everyone else obv doesn't know what it was like in the early stages of this game for us barbs. REQUIRED to be a tank, and even then we got wrecked unless we had UBER gear while wizzys and monks and DH's were tareing thru content. Barbs are at a good point, get the other class's up to par in their own ways with multipule builds
What can we say? either we quit or we accept the fact. They (Bliz) own game anyway, we just paid 60 bucks to play it.
While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be. We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made, especially with regards to play style options, build diversity, and the performance and budget of monk resources. We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement, and we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though.

Ultimately, we want to make monks more engaging to play and really immerse players in what it would feel like to be a fast-punching martial arts master. We have a number of ideas on how to accomplish that for the future, and we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk. I also mentioned two other possible changes we’re considering in[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794319883#7"] my previous post[/url], but those certainly aren’t the only changes we’re looking into. They address another area we feel could use improvement, and that’s giving players some additional, more active play style options.

We have more improvements planned and they’re still only in the discussion phase, so we’re not really in a place right now to talk about them in much detail, but we’re actively working towards solutions to address many key concerns.

So in other words, come 1.06, expect more Nerfs for monks, owe destroyed, cooldown's added on things that shouldn't be and skills tweaked that have no bearing to begin with.
This is like being a Vanilla WoW Ret Paladin all over again lol
The first thing you should do is bring back the monk blink from beta. It was very fun to use and helps so much with getting in, and more importantly, out of battle. I have no idea why you guys took it ouy but that was a huge disappointment. Please give the monk his quickness and agility back. The attack speed nerf really killed this whole game though :(
Edited by Tango#1465 on 10/5/2012 2:33 AM PDT
Its funny how some of you complain

My monk is much MUCH stronger then my wizard friend who has 80k dps more....

Monk is the best class who can devide things....meaning having good dps + resist + armor + hp
In fact what other class, can stand next to a zillion monsters for 4 sec and dont lose a single hp?

By the way just w8 until pvp releases, monk has (up until now) the best pvp skills,
Serenity + UNNUMBEROUS amount of stun skills, near death, pacifism, all other classes just wish they had these pvp skills ;p

Havent played 105, im sure it will bring me more good than bad, since I smash the content as its now :)
except that the problem isnt durability or PvP potential , but build variety .
Vaeflare is a joke... First comes in and says omg Monk are perfect and now he says we could improve the monk... My 3 year old daughter could have designed this game better then anyone of the DEV's at blizzard...
Edited by cloudsalot#1793 on 10/5/2012 3:01 AM PDT
10/05/2012 03:01 AMPosted by cloudsalot
Vaeflare is a joke... First comes in and says omg Monk are perfect and now he says we could improve the monk... My 3 year old daughter could have designed this game better then anyone of the DEV's at blizzard...

Blizzard game designer all just 2 years old.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]