Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

Wow unbelievable how naive you kids are, his "feelings" changed over night at 180° seriously people like him loose every credibility a person has especialy without apologising.
He is saying that monks will be looked at some time in the future, OK... i dont believe a single word of this liar, his "feelings" are changing constantly. He should at least come out with the truth who does he think he is kidding all of a sudden they know the flaws and they will fix them internally. ohh come on we know you guys dont know !@#$.

Naivity of some people are out of this world.
Edited by Bigi#2277 on 10/5/2012 10:36 AM PDT
About the OwE, I have a suggestion that I think would make everyone happy without being unfair or overpowered.

Make this passive become a standard trait for the monk and change the way how OwE passive works.

I'll try to explain.

The monk should have the innate characteristic of the actual OwE from the start as a basic trait. So we can stack the same resistence the way we all did but without sacrificing a passive slot or making our actual gear useless or deflating in value.

The OwE should instead change in this way: every different resistence can stack together (it's called one with everything, not one with cold or arcane resistence).

So who chooses to use it, can stack poison, cold or anything together, without having to add the same res all the time. In this way there are various advantages upon the current situation:

1: we still have the possibility to stack only a single resistance like we did from the start, so no gear change needed and no more mandatory OwE

2: we can now CHOOSE to stack even more different res upon our main one by choosing the new OwE passive (for exemple I have andariel visage with poison res and I'm a cold monk, if I choose this passive I can add 50+ res to my total res that would go to waste, useful but not overpowered)

3: who chooses the new OwE can more easily stack res, allowing more basic survivability to allow the use of different builds less focused on defensive abilities at the expense of a passive slot

4: no more days spent on AH looking for the specific item with the specific main res, in case we choose the new OwE

I think this is a very balanced and fair solution with no real drawback both in terms of gameplay and items value, what do you think ?

Really like this idea. simple yet effective.
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be. We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made, especially with regards to play style options, build diversity, and the performance and budget of monk resources. We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement, and we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though.

Ultimately, we want to make monks more engaging to play and really immerse players in what it would feel like to be a fast-punching martial arts master. We have a number of ideas on how to accomplish that for the future, and we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk. I also mentioned two other possible changes we’re considering in[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794319883#7"] my previous post[/url], but those certainly aren’t the only changes we’re looking into. They address another area we feel could use improvement, and that’s giving players some additional, more active play style options.

We have more improvements planned and they’re still only in the discussion phase, so we’re not really in a place right now to talk about them in much detail, but we’re actively working towards solutions to address many key concerns.

Better than the first post! +1

Please see my request for a VERY simple change to Tempest Rush based on your change to Whirlwind:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758727222
MoE is doing fine in general. Making Wind thru the Reeds 8% instead of 5% may make it suitable to use in a group but lets face it the only real choices are Hard Target or Backlash. I use MoE over MoC anyday of the week and refuse to team with Crit Mass wizards because backlash destroys offensively + defensively. The Guardian's Path + MoE Backlash (w/ some spirit regen equip) STI + OWE make for a good combination. NOT an overpowered combination.

Most won't don't use that passive set up, and if you half Seize the Initiative why would any monk PERIOD use The Guardian's Path? More monks will switch back to resolve because they are using a shield to make up for the HUGE Reduc loss. The sheer idiocracy of what I saw as far as how it's going to be "okay" because we're lowering incoming damage as well makes no logical sense.

RANDOM INPUT: YOU CHOOSING FOR US BY MAKING A SKILL TRIVIAL DOES NOT MAKE THE GAME HAVE MORE CLASS VARIATION. IT ESPECIALLY IN THIS CASE - IT will mean People who use Guardian's Path cannot use it anymore and will use RESOLVE because they NEED to use a Shield to make up for the 8-12% -REDUCTION OF ALL DAMAGE- Loss.

1. This is just for the Barb. There was something like a 3.7% difference that you called similar. - .5 % Reduc is noticable much less 7 x that. PLAY THE GAME FOR AS LONG AS I HAVE BEFORE MESSING WITH IT. For Monks I loose 9.5% Reduction for taking off STI all together. I have 700 Hrs on my monk and I get wiped like a joke with that off. 4% is too much taken off. I'm not saying that you should go 75% instead of 50% I'm saying leave it the !@#$ alone all together. Take BEACON or PACIFISM and make them offensive runes (may wanna change name for pacifism) because we have 1 [maybe] re: Combination Strike.

2. Damage reduction to Reduction of Offensive Damage /= Linear relationship.

Now Let's use Math and Logic together. Even if you perfectly made it so that they do 20% less damage but we have 20% less reduction that doesn't = us taking the same damage. -20% offensive Reduc =/ -20% Defensive Reduc. They are extremely different for many reasons. In your logic if I faced 5 beasts with no reduction it would be the same as 4 with 20% reduction. They don't all hit at the same time or for the same amount. Throwing Monster10 in there just makes it even more ridiculous to mess with monk skills. I would rather have 90% reduction + enemies do 100% damage than enemies do 10% damage and Have no reduction. You get burned the reduction is there because it minimizes incoming damage from 1 hit kills. It's not a LINEAR RELATIONSHIP is what the hell I'm trying to say. Too many factors come in to make it that simple. If it was always a 1 on 1 fight and there were no other defensive skills or Life On Hit factored in.

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO "IF IT AINT BROKEN DONT FIX IT"
You are loosing people just by bringing up messing with their good abilities.

HOW WELL DID IT WORK FOR YOU WITH AS% NERF*<- putting it kindly IN 1.0.3 !??!
You loose any player base then?

You guys own the biggest gaming company in the world being partnered with Activision; How in gods name can you see these things in such Black and white. There's a lot of #'s between 50 and 100. Like 90% and you'd still be getting me killed twice as much.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU NEED TO REALIZE IS CLASS DIVERSITY IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!
ITS NOT AN MMO, PEOPLE DO SWITCH UP SKILLS {OR at LEAST I do} and What the hell is wrong with settling if you don't?!
From this: "We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power, but there are some things that we would like to address with the class.

To this: "While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be."

Blizzard flip flops on issues as bad as Mitt Romney.
90 Pandaren Monk
why is Blizz' entire post about possibly improving our offensive abilities when they are nerfing the crap out of our survivability and already fragile defensive stats ?
At the time when all the "discussion" and "plan" can actually be seen, most of the top tier monk has already quit. For the lower tier monk, everything is fine, they don't even care. You can secretly change their class to barb or DH or wiz or WD and they won't even recognize or complain. But seriously, it's the top tier players that need balancing.

For me, I may consider sticking to solo-ing all of the time in the next patch, do not want to make fun of myself in front of other godly classes, lol
Community Manager
10/04/2012 11:29 PMPosted by GothicSaint
Your first post saying monks are SOLID CLASS in terms of power....

Correct, but that's only one variable when it comes to class balance. In terms of power, we feel that monks are doing pretty well. But in terms of build and play style diversity, resource management and budgeting, and offensive passives, we feel that there's still room for improvement. There's a lot that works for monks right now, but there are definitely areas that could be better.

10/05/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Kegsta
Oh, and what is with this "we can't just tweek numbers to ballance the class" do you read your own patch notes? what was the last game mechanic change you made that did not involve either "doubling it" or cutting it in half? WHAT IS GOING ON DOWN THERE? of course you can tweek numbers to buff weak skills. ugh all you ever do with your patches is change a variable in a formula and now all of a sudden you can't? who actually believes this load?

I think you may have misunderstood. The kinds of changes we're currently considering for monks (the changes we feel would best benefit the class) go beyond simply upping one number or lowering another. The examples Vaeflare provided for Dashing Strike and Lashing Tail Kick fall into this category. Adjusting numbers is fairly easy to do, but redesigning how a skill or skill rune works is much more complex. While we still may tweak some skill values in the future, right now we're looking at changes that require a little more development time.

As for "what was the last mechanic change you made that did not involve either 'doubling it' or cutting it in half"? From 1.0.5, the changes to Companion and Sentry are great examples, and we're redesigning some runes this patch too. From 1.0.4, witch doctor pet improvements were pretty notable. We also changed the format for how damage over time is dealt for a number of skills, as well.

10/04/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Teufelhunde
Ohh I get it, you mean nerfing OWE, right?

What Wyatt said previously still holds true:

In terms of passives, it's pretty clear at this point that One With Everything is considered a mandatory passive for all monks. While "mandatory" passives aren't great, making any major change would do more harm than good, particularly when a) incoming damage is so high and b) monks need the extra durability in order to survive. Additionally, as a result of this passive, monks are more heavily tied to their current gear, so making changes to One With Everything would have very noticeable negative repercussions to the gear monks have invested in.

While we'd prefer that there wasn't an "absolutely mandatory" passive, we're going to let this one ride for now. If we do try to make changes we'll ideally do it in a way that doesn't invalidate the passive, doesn't hurt monk survivability, and doesn't undermine the gear people are currently wearing.

We don't have any changes planned for OWE right now. That may change, but if it does, we'd still want our approach to be as outlined above.
`what about the ninja hellfire nerf in ptr?
Really, I don't have any complaints about what you're saying Lyirra other than that we've been saying this since basically the game launched.

But hearing that there are fundamental changes to monks coming is good to hear, and I'll cautiously wait for them.
When you guys look into build diversity, it'd be nice if you took some of these proposed changes to our combination strikes into consideration: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6607333164?page=1
Edited by Mogram#1654 on 10/5/2012 11:23 AM PDT
unbelievable!!! still they never mentioned defense nerf!!! even you lyllirra!!!

Give us a good reason why you nerfed the 2 defensive passives!!!! pls dont tell us you did that so we will choose other passives other than those 2 because you wrong about that!!!
Edited by RYAN#2467 on 10/5/2012 11:26 AM PDT
10/05/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Lylirra
There's a lot that works for monks right now, but there are definitely areas that could be better.

To the first part, the vast majority of the Monk community disagrees. Why don't you throw up a pie chart representing the skills used like you did for barbs and show everyone how "diverse" Monk builds are.

As to the second part, you mean our entire Passive selection and 90% of our skills?
Community Manager
When you guys look into build diversity, it'd be nice if you took some of these proposed changes to our combination strikes into consideration: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6607333164?page=1

I'll take a look. :)

(And, no, this doesn't mean I haven't seen all the other threads players have posted. This forum has kept me very busy with all the feedback you've provided. Keep it up!)
Wow unbelievable how naive you kids are, his "feelings" changed over night at 180° seriously people like him loose every credibility a person has especialy without apologising.
He is saying that monks will be looked at some time in the future, OK... i dont believe a single word of this liar, his "feelings" are changing constantly. He should at least come out with the truth who does he think he is kidding all of a sudden they know the flaws and they will fix them internally. ohh come on we know you guys dont know !@#$.

Naivity of some people are out of this world.

The problem isn't with it being in the future...the problem exists right now and HAS existed for a long time....the changes need to happen next patch....its not !@#$ing hard to add a few useful passives to a character to make monks not feel like barbarians retarded little brother
10/05/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Lylirra

(And, no, this doesn't mean I haven't seen all the other threads players have posted. This forum has kept me very busy with all the feedback you've provided. Keep it up!)

so could you pls explain a good reason for nerfing the 2 viable passives of monks? What!!!???

These defense nerfs are the main reason why players are shelving their monks and selling their gears..
Edited by RYAN#2467 on 10/5/2012 11:31 AM PDT
10/05/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Lylirra

Hi Lyllirra....perhaps looking into similar offensive passives like weapons master that the barb has...etc would be good too for this class
10/05/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Lylirra
We don't have any changes planned for OWE right now. That may change, but if it does, we'd still want our approach to be as outlined above.

I have been under the impression that while there is no specific change planned for OWE, there is a plan that OWE will eventually be changed somehow to make it a less mandatory passive. Can you comment on this?
Lylirra, what is the point of playing 1.05 as a monk when it is much cheaper to gear a barb that would have the same effectiveness in mp levels? When you tell us that changes will be made after 1.05 without giving us a timeline, don't you realize the effect is top-tiered monks will sell all their gear and reroll a barb?
Edited by BorrowedTime#1204 on 10/5/2012 11:33 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]