Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

10/09/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Jesse
To solve: bake this into a Monk passive. Monks need offensive passives.

Hell, bake it into STI. Monks will still be taking STI.

I'll be using OWE, Fleet Footed, and Beacon of Ytar. I won't be using STI. If things get rough I'll probably swap in resolve before STI ,but in PTR my deaths were very low, if any at all MP4-6.

That seems like a reasonable approach for 1.05 and MP5 or so...I'm thinking running that same set up except swap out Fleet Footed for Near Death Experience since I won't be needing the MS.
There isn't much that hasn't already been said above. Are you reading these Blizz??
What Blizzard does in 1.0.5 for Monk balance will determine how long I play this game. (If it stays as it is, bye bye D3)

Can't they just boost attack speed overall for Monks as a class bonus? What about a new passive? (AS increased by 0.5% of your Dexterity). You get synergy, offensive passive, spirit generation increase, and damage bump to catch up to the Barbarian. This would also help Monks fit Blizzard's target class concept. THAT would encourage Monks to use more "build diversity", not nerfing the crap out of the only passives that are any good...
What Blizzard does in 1.0.5 for Monk balance will determine how long I play this game. (If it stays as it is, bye bye D3)

Can't they just boost attack speed overall for Monks as a class bonus? What about a new passive? (AS increased by 0.5% of your Dexterity). You get synergy, offensive passive, spirit generation increase, and damage bump to catch up to the Barbarian. This would also help Monks fit Blizzard's target class concept. THAT would encourage Monks to use more "build diversity", not nerfing the crap out of the only passives that are any good...

all monks would be kinda forced to take that passive though. It would decrease build diversity to making us use 3 forced passives. STI, OwE and your suggestion.
Monk is solid class? What a joke.
Barb is solid class.
So stop trolling the community, look at barb, and then buff monk FINNALY.
Just because you have plans that aren't fully developed yet for the monk is a valid reason for us being gimped for an entire patch? When you could do some simple band-aid fixes here and there to make the Monk on the level of other classes?

How could you possibly think this is ok? If you're still trying to say that monks are "just fine" then I have no idea what will make you see they're not when essentially the entire monk community on the PTR are saying otherwise.

all monks would be kinda forced to take that passive though. It would decrease build diversity to making us use 3 forced passives. STI, OwE and your suggestion.

This is true...the only other easy way to really add IAS other than a brute force "monks get more" would be to flat out boost it via DEX. But this would unbalance DEX as a core stat and possibly boost DH damage into the stratosphere. Seems we're in quite a mess here :/
Honestly for now I think they should just make dex give .25 armor per point
And .25 amount of Res you get for one point of int. Its a band aid fix that would make the more "offensive" passives more viableand would help DH as well..
Edited by Kade#1215 on 10/9/2012 12:40 PM PDT
the problem is that monks do come close to dmg to barbs, but its more expensive. Ok if you weapon switch, than we better than all. But I agree that it wasnt meant to be played like that, and I mostly dont And you folks saying, dont change barb. Yes change barb, that whirlwind is insane, its too good. As is monk gear switching, since you can get to insane dps, start you sweeping wind (rune one with fire). After that change to speed weapons and magic find gear + fire axe. And here you go, your mantra will tick from 100k to 500k or even more. It tick more than once per second. No barb can kill that fast.
Edited by Iluvathar#2869 on 10/9/2012 1:15 PM PDT
I know we monks have many issues and i believe it is due to our synergy of abilities in that there is none and our ability that should really profit from it doesn't. Please read thread on Combination Strike as I honestly think it would solve quite a few problems at least in dps and give build diversity.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794352532
How can these guys non-chalantly talk about changes as if everyone is super excited to see classes continue to get turned upside-down all because the team behind this game didn't get it balanced before launching.

Instead of being super excited, like it seems u think players are about changes to their class, they're shelving their toons cause there's no point to invest in them any further until your team makes the changes that will require them to completely redo on how their character is played.

"Ridiculous" is the only word I can think of that describes this. Maybe "!@#$ show".
Wouldn't mind a buff to Inna's as well. For those dual wielding, no incentive to get more than 2 pieces (esp. when you need to sacrifice a lot of vit and resist to use innas). I'd take 2 piece innas and 2 piece nats over 4 piece innas.
10/09/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Iluvathar
the problem is that monks do come close to dmg to barbs, but its more expensive. Ok if you weapon switch, than we better than all. But I agree that it wasnt meant to be played like that, and I mostly dont And you folks saying, dont change barb. Yes change barb, that whirlwind is insane, its too good. As is monk gear switching, since you can get to insane dps, start you sweeping wind (rune one with fire). After that change to speed weapons and magic find gear + fire axe. And here you go, your mantra will tick from 100k to 500k or even more. It tick more than once per second. No barb can kill that fast.

your profile doesnt back up anything you said, good dream.
10/06/2012 03:21 AMPosted by FORDPREFEKT
NERFING builds does not promote build diversity, BUFFING other builds does.

thx subzero for one sentence summary of all
10/05/2012 06:56 PMPosted by INTENT
My suggestion is to buff unsused skills inorder to improve diversity, instead of de-buffing skills that are required or overused because the other skills are weak.

Your welcome
10/05/2012 01:33 PMPosted by manaja
i tought i'll try run 1.04 without STI.. 3.1k def 52% dodge, 66k DPS 700LoH, 588 res and i'm doing just as well (if not better) than when i had STI passive.. So please.. the nerf on STI and Resolve is really not that bad. Also if you die in Act4 with 10k+ armor.. please reconsider what you are doing.. cos how on earth do you even get hurt?

link ur real profile if your going to talk this much !@#$
monk pretty good class , duno why u all cryin -.-

well babas op , but our real dps is worlds above theirs , what gives us an edge on high ml games after 105

while mate (hes playin ww baba)got troubles killing ubers (esp skelleton king) on ml 10 i just brainafk rightklick them to death pretty fast (i m from europe btw , when u wonder about my profile / language)
Edited by iNSeQinfi#2601 on 10/10/2012 4:20 AM PDT
Just because you have plans that aren't fully developed yet for the monk is a valid reason for us being gimped for an entire patch? When you could do some simple band-aid fixes here and there to make the Monk on the level of other classes?

How could you possibly think this is ok? If you're still trying to say that monks are "just fine" then I have no idea what will make you see they're not when essentially the entire monk community on the PTR are saying otherwise.
10/03/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown

How about fixing it instead. Half of the time I'm only going a fraction of where I was supposed to go.

Oh, and btw, if you put a cooldown on it, you'll kill me. I rely on DS to survive. As for the STI nerf, switched to fleetfooted and not looking back. 50% is just not rewarding enough.

edit: real profile, EU
Edited by Ouroboros#2671 on 10/10/2012 11:37 AM PDT
10/10/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Ouroboros
one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown

How about fixing it instead. Half of the time I'm only going a fraction of where I was supposed to go.

Oh, and btw, if you put a cooldown on it, you'll kill me. I rely on DS to survive. As for the STI nerf, switched to fleetfooted and not looking back. 50% is just not rewarding enough.

Agreed , DS with cooldown is useless.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]