Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

Just because you have plans that aren't fully developed yet for the monk is a valid reason for us being gimped for an entire patch? When you could do some simple band-aid fixes here and there to make the Monk on the level of other classes?

How could you possibly think this is ok? If you're still trying to say that monks are "just fine" then I have no idea what will make you see they're not when essentially the entire monk community on the PTR are saying otherwise.

QFT.
You are not making the monk have more diversive build up, you are limiting it more of its potential. how bout making dodge more useful to us (like 15% to 25% and the the 30% of your crit to dodge to 50% of crit to dodge) and most of all revamp the skill passives, almost 60% of monks passives suck a lot. Monks defense is mandatory cause we tank a lot of damage cause we dont have mobililty attacks like BARBIE who we all know one of your employee plays! 2 wrongs doesnt make 1 right blizzard! and you are almost on your 3rd wrong if you continue doing this to players (messing our build up but favoring barbie more) arent you tired of gaetting called BLIZZTARDS because of the improper nerf you are doing. monks are fine as they are we just need more useable passives and skills. if you will not listen to what point we are coming from then we wont listen to your stupid and non directional ideas. i aint smart as you blizzard but hell we aint stupider than what you are doing to us.
Monks are lost until way into the future, they've made it clear. No care, despite admitting it's the worst class - they will continue to only nerf us for 1.0.5, not even leave us neutral. 1.0.4 will be the death of monks until some patch in the future.
Well just tested the ptr for few more hours, and this thread is already expanded for feedbak ill put my feedback on ptr here.

As far as it go for the "defensive nerfs" meaning seize the iniatiative, i had no problems with it, i was already expecting it, and ive been runing act on 1.04 without seize for testing, sure my monk can be considered in "high end" gear, less geared monks may feel the changes more heavly.
Monster powers above 5 are really chalenging, makes you play on your toes insted of right clicking everything to death, it seems that fire chains affix is dealing more damage on those levels what is a good thing becouse since 1,04 that affix could simply be ignored.

The patch is adding much more depth to the game in therm of were to farm and how to build your charcter towards that, im not gonna discuss class changes that i wish to happen becouse the other posters already said enough imo.

The only thing that is bad, maybe strangely desined, is the reflect damage affix, of course im aware that its no loguer dodgable so i would fell it more heavly, thats not exactly the case, some reflecting monsters , dont reflect enought to overcome my lifesteal (2,4%) some barelly do and my life starts to drain slowly, and some completly and utterlly obliterate me with no chance at all, to the point i cant touch then without loosing 1/3 of my hitpoints, its really weird. This can happen in any mp i tested then all across the board, meaning the reflect power is not correlated to mp levels. More on that i was standing at 637 all resist, and 4400 armor (w/ new enchantress buff), 151k base dps.

Other than that, i feel that the hp scalling might be a litle overtuned but nothing system braking.
Just because you have plans that aren't fully developed yet for the monk is a valid reason for us being gimped for an entire patch? When you could do some simple band-aid fixes here and there to make the Monk on the level of other classes?

How could you possibly think this is ok? If you're still trying to say that monks are "just fine" then I have no idea what will make you see they're not when essentially the entire monk community on the PTR are saying otherwise.

This.
I've played monk since release. Purchased over 100 million gold in items for her. Just leveled up a barbarian and threw on things I've found or purchases each under 1 million. Barbarian is surviving as well or better than monk in first 3 days than the monk has in 5 months. Will shelve monk until changes are made (1.06?) Until then suggest Blizzard keep monk in present state and not nerf further.

What Wyatt said previously still holds true:

In terms of passives, it's pretty clear at this point that One With Everything is considered a mandatory passive for all monks. While "mandatory" passives aren't great, making any major change would do more harm than good, particularly when a) incoming damage is so high and b) monks need the extra durability in order to survive. Additionally, as a result of this passive, monks are more heavily tied to their current gear, so making changes to One With Everything would have very noticeable negative repercussions to the gear monks have invested in.

While we'd prefer that there wasn't an "absolutely mandatory" passive, we're going to let this one ride for now. If we do try to make changes we'll ideally do it in a way that doesn't invalidate the passive, doesn't hurt monk survivability, and doesn't undermine the gear people are currently wearing.

We don't have any changes planned for OWE right now. That may change, but if it does, we'd still want our approach to be as outlined above.

the only way to remove OWE and not hurt survivability or undermine gear is to make it so that all monks have that ability instead of it being a passive.

naturally you realized it a long time ago, and now it is only a question of how to break it to the community. the 50% nerf to STI could be part of it, masquerading as a bigger nerf to all of the defenses, with just a little over the top to monks.

next patch i am guessing this would be introduced, along with the offensive passives you were talking about, because we will have an extra passive slot.

why all this psychological play, you may ask? because making it an inherent monk ability instead of a passive would immediately get the entire non-monk d3 community pissed off, so making monk very weak prior to it would justify a major tweak to the others.
Edited by Valentin#2987 on 10/10/2012 11:05 AM PDT
10/10/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Valentin
the only way to remove OWE and not hurt survivability or undermine gear is to make it so that all monks have that ability instead of it being a passive.

You're completely right and I think Blizzard knows this. Once you get into the BiS gear you will possible have enough all res to remove OWE, but right now at least 95% of all monks have invested a lot of time and money into staking 1 specific res for OWE.
Sixth Sense should be reversed. Crit chance increased by 30% of your Dodge chance.

I guess that's just wishful thinking.
10/03/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
For example, one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown

-from the description: "quickly dash at the targeted enemy or location"

Which is how it works (when it works). Please elaborate on how you are going to allow us to travel "further" before you shove a cooldown down our throats? How are we supposed to travel "further"? Are you going to allow us to dash outside the screen?
they took this thread off the most popular discussions
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power, but there are some things that we would like to address with the class. Namely: we would like to delve deeper into fulfilling the fantasy of what it means to be a monk.

Currently, monks spend a lot of their time applying an assortment of DPS buffs through the use of utility and survivability buttons. The bulk of monk damage comes from very passive gameplay, like healing yourself to get a damage buff, or applying Sweeping Winds and not looking at it again. We want to give players who enjoy the fantasy of being a blur of fists and feet a more active playstyle, and we’d love to play up some other fun mechanics as well.

For example, one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown. Another possibility we’re exploring is making Lashing Tail Kick feel more compelling by moving the knockback component to a rune, or changing a rune to remove the knockback and instead increase the damage more meaningfully. These types of changes are not minor tweaks, however. We want to make sure we take some time to make meaningful changes that improve the overall play experience for these sacred warriors.

I play all 5 classes, all level 60. The monk is the first one I got to 60, and my favorite. I actually agree, I think the monk is in a good place now. I think the monk was not even viable in 103. I had just about given up on it. 104 fixed that. In 105 losing half the dex/armor bonus sucks, but I can see why it was done, due to enemies doing less damage. 105 seems to even things out.

You proposed changes to the monk I do not like though. If you are going to do anything, give the monk more speed. Make the monk more about doing less damage per hit, but faster hits. I would reduce the % weapon damage for monk primary and secondary skills, but increase their attack speed. I think it would be pretty cool to see the monk hitting 3 attacks per second, albeit at reduced damage per attack.
10/10/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Aplaudible
they took this thread off the most popular discussions

its no longer popular. hard to keep up the outrage
Sixth Sense should be reversed. Crit chance increased by 30% of your Dodge chance.

I guess that's just wishful thinking.
Still wouldn't change much for diversity. Assuming Spenders become worth anything, Monks would simply take Generators that yield more Spirit per crit.

Monks need sweeping (ha ha get it) changes, especially with Passives. More than 2 need to be "I want this".
crits increase the duration of serenity. get on it blizzard
No more blues... Sad to say but monks are screwed until 1.06...
wts monk gear
Sadly for the first time I think I'm gonna jump ship on my monk and just go to the darkside... Barb
10/10/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Rakt
crits increase the duration of serenity. get on it blizzard

Haha I love it!
it wont surpirse me...make all class invulnerble ftw...

barbs dont die by default..
wizz has god mode perma freeze
make monks serenity last endlessly

im courious after all these pages and dumb sugestions whats gonna be changed to your class...i cant wait to see final patch 105...

the feedback section has long passed the retarded state...now its beyond...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]