Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

Blizz, please take a look at the monk forums and notice how many high end monks are selling ALL of their gear to reroll a barb. That's all you need to know about monks "being in a decent place."

Freaking pathetic
Edited by BorrowedTime#1204 on 10/3/2012 7:59 PM PDT
I'm surprised to hear that they are still nerfing characters, especially monks... when will it ever end Blizz?

Why not just start buffing classes to bring them all up to the same level rather than nerfing them all, seriously, before you know it, all the characters might as well be running around naked since thats what its going to end up feeling like in the long run with all these continued nerfs...
If Blizz would have only NOT "ninja buffed" WotHF-Blazing Fists and Tempest Rush-Tailwind (allowing both to go above movement cap)... perhaps more of the sheep would have woken up like they finally did when they were completely oblivious to how awesome Fleet Footed buff was - never saw one person praising when it was announced then two weeks later EVERY "farming" Monk used it...

I guarantee 99.9% of Monks who have/do quit - DID NOT test "crowd control" on PTR. The buff is AMAZING and by far makes up for nerfing armor as long as you get resists and stack good attack speed.
nah sam, they wont lose 90% of the players coz of nerfing monks. Monks are already a minority, so even if they screw it up, and all monk quit instead of reroll, they probly wont lose much players. TBh they might gain more from just taking monk off the game completely, less hussle to fix, half will just reroll, even if another half quit it doesnt impact them.
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power, but there are some things that we would like to address with the class. Namely: we would like to delve deeper into fulfilling the fantasy of what it means to be a monk.

Currently, monks spend a lot of their time applying an assortment of DPS buffs through the use of utility and survivability buttons. The bulk of monk damage comes from very passive gameplay, like healing yourself to get a damage buff, or applying Sweeping Winds and not looking at it again. We want to give players who enjoy the fantasy of being a blur of fists and feet a more active playstyle, and we’d love to play up some other fun mechanics as well.

For example, one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown. Another possibility we’re exploring is making Lashing Tail Kick feel more compelling by moving the knockback component to a rune, or changing a rune to remove the knockback and instead increase the damage more meaningfully. These types of changes are not minor tweaks, however. We want to make sure we take some time to make meaningful changes that improve the overall play experience for these sacred warriors.

I'm sorry but

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

This is a complete failure to address ANY complaint made by monks that I've seen on these forums, diablofans, reddit, etc you name it. There's been plenty of feedback and discussion that you've clearly not read. To come back with "yeah we'll just put a rune on dashing strike" made me facepalm so hard I've left a permanent red mark on my forehead.

In conclusion, I'd like to add

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24552257.jpg

Thank you for listening.
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power, but there are some things that we would like to address with the class. Namely: we would like to delve deeper into fulfilling the fantasy of what it means to be a monk.

Currently, monks spend a lot of their time applying an assortment of DPS buffs through the use of utility and survivability buttons. The bulk of monk damage comes from very passive gameplay, like healing yourself to get a damage buff, or applying Sweeping Winds and not looking at it again. We want to give players who enjoy the fantasy of being a blur of fists and feet a more active playstyle, and we’d love to play up some other fun mechanics as well.

For example, one possibility we’re considering is changing one of Dashing Strike’s runes to allow players to travel further with the skill so that it can serve as a mobility tool, but at the cost of imposing a cooldown. Another possibility we’re exploring is making Lashing Tail Kick feel more compelling by moving the knockback component to a rune, or changing a rune to remove the knockback and instead increase the damage more meaningfully. These types of changes are not minor tweaks, however. We want to make sure we take some time to make meaningful changes that improve the overall play experience for these sacred warriors.

The most depressing post in forum history right here. ^^^

Lashing Tail Kick? Are you @#!%ing serious??? Masterfully trolled, Vaeflare. Masterfully trolled...
Compared with the skill sprint,which is the the main replies skills of bb,monk life regeneration efficiency is too low.

If monk had a low level of HP,they can only wait for the skill Ascension.
10/03/2012 05:56 PMPosted by FUPA
That may be the worst, most discouraging blue post I have read. Those are the changes you feel will really make the Monk class better? If it is, this game is doomed.
If Blizz would have only NOT "ninja buffed" WotHF-Blazing Fists and Tempest Rush-Tailwind (allowing both to go above movement cap)... perhaps more of the sheep would have woken up like they finally did when they were completely oblivious to how awesome Fleet Footed buff was - never saw one person praising when it was announced then two weeks later EVERY "farming" Monk used it...

I guarantee 99.9% of Monks who have/do quit - DID NOT test "crowd control" on PTR. The buff is AMAZING and by far makes up for nerfing armor as long as you get resists and stack good attack speed.

And how is this monk specific? How does this make our skills that noone takes and have nothing to do with crowd control more viable? Also you did notice the min stun length was raised to 0.65 seconds, thereby allowing proc crowd control to fail to proc once the elite raises enough crowd control resistance. I'm happy to hear that a handful of stun runes will be useful, but they're not exactly on skills noone is using.
One of the main problems is not survivability is the spirit spenders. They cost to much and we gain to little. We need at least some spirit regen for the class and then a bit more buff on those passives.

I dropped STI and can survive for the most part on 1.0.5 but to be able to use buffs and spirit spenders effectively we need more spirit regen.

Cause really if you change DS and add a cooldown then that will be more of a nerf than anything else for that skill and lashing tail kick would be better for the knockback to survive cause for the damage WoL is far better or SSS.

I have nothing against Vaeflare but I don't think people at blizz are playing the monk class at all. If you give us more spirit to spend we would use more spirit spenders and not use a series of skills to buff us and then only use ONE single skill to dps (which is not a spirit spender but a spirit generator).

I love the class and I have a lot of time invested in it (for a casual player) don't think I have the time to level another one and it would most certainly be a barb cause its the class that most blizz employees seem to play.

Edit: Also fix the crappy bonus set give us at least 1 spirit regen in that set and give us all resist as a standard if you plan to change OWE
Edited by Echelong#1840 on 10/3/2012 8:11 PM PDT
View profile

I'm sorry but

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

This is a complete failure to address ANY complaint made by monks that I've seen on these forums, diablofans, reddit, etc you name it. There's been plenty of feedback and discussion that you've clearly not read. To come back with "yeah we'll just put a rune on dashing strike" made me facepalm so hard I've left a permanent red mark on my forehead.

In conclusion, I'd like to add

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24552257.jpg

Thank you for listening.

Blizzard cleary "NEVER" response to players request. They just follow the statisc data from server to made decision. They "think" it is "fun"

Whats the problem of playing passive? if a monk is same as a barbarian, why i dont use a barbarain? Stupid question and answer!
10/03/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Hex
While I'm not deeply familiar with Monk troubles, I do know what the general concerns are. I just have to say... this particular blue post utterly failed to address any of the community's most concerning issues and instead diverted all attention to Skills that are not really even under question.

What are you talking about? The monk forums are full of threads asking Blizzard for more cooldowns.
Hundreds of posts on ways to improve monks by addressing core issues with the class, like spirit generation, poor passives and lack of worthwhile spirit spenders, and we get a comment that they think we're basically ok?

Time to quit D3. The devs haven't been listening.
The only upside from vaeflares post was trying out a rune that increases dashing strike distance for mobility. However, it was killed by the point that it would also come w/ a cooldown. I guess I would be ok w/ maybe like a few sec cooldown, but anymore I probably wouldnt use it. Knockback becoming a rune and not in the ability all the time? So lashing kick will go from a punch in the face w/ your foot to a slap in the face w/ your foot. I like playing thinking I'm going to be bashing up some monsters. Not getting in to a sissy fight w/ them.
Well been waiting since the PTR came live to see what a blue would even say about a Monk. LOL and ROFLMFAO that was the biggest freaking let down ever, less then 40 hours and ill be a 60 on my BARB i just ROLLED. Monk is by far my favorite class but when i can faceroll getting to 60 on my barb and i had to fight tooth and nail to get my monk up and all i have seen is nerf after nerf to my monk that just makes my day amazing. My monk is a joke cut and dry it doesnt play even remotely how blizz said it would. ohh love 15% dodge but completely laughable at best. STI amazing lets reduce Inferno DPS by 20% but nerf STI by 50% haha that would make it below being equal. Yea blue post was a slap in the face why they piss on you. "Decent" my, my, my. Yup cant post that. Scraping my monk.

blizz and the blue post is a freaking joke IMHO.

Just watched my friend uninstall the game after reading your post.

I'm also about to do the same as Wiz is also nerfed to oblivion.

On a side note, this game uninstalls amazingly fast. Took like 2 seconds and it's not even an SSD.
just get ready to roll barb. seems like wizards and monks and possibly dh are all pathetically unbalanced compared to barbs.
how disappointing........why bother play a monk????
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]