Diablo® III

How do so many DHs have Nats+Innas?

There seem to be a lot. How!? Finding them all is impossible and the individual pieces are crazy expensive. I know the knee-jerk answer is RMAH but even then I can't imagine there are that many willing to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars. Even one "godly" drop that gets you a few hundred million won't get you more than a couple pieces.

Please fill me in on the secret. Thank you.
Reply Quote
1) Sell all your godly drops for thousands of dollars
2) Spend some of it on nats + innas
3) Profit.
Reply Quote
Same concept as real world economics - Either you save, play countless hours, buy and sell or invest.
Edited by Spree#6999 on 10/5/2012 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Farm, farm, farm. Never spent a dollar on the RMAH, from time to time I have done AH flipping, I crafted early which made me a lot of gold (pre 1.03), but mostly selling items I have farmed.

Edit:

Pre 1.04
http://i.imgur.com/iyR4U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IifY1.jpg

After 1.04

I don't have a pic but just sold a Undaunting Ring and an amulet, 56 mill for ring 30 mil for amulet.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 10/5/2012 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
U won't find what u want usually but farm and sell those u found. And then buy what u want off the ah. After using ah for awhile, u will also be tempted to play with both AHs to get better value for ur items. That's when constant flipping occurs.
Reply Quote
There seem to be a lot. How!? Finding them all is impossible and the individual pieces are crazy expensive. I know the knee-jerk answer is RMAH but even then I can't imagine there are that many willing to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars. Even one "godly" drop that gets you a few hundred million won't get you more than a couple pieces.

Please fill me in on the secret. Thank you.

I've spent about 400 on the RMAH since May. Not much of a concern for me. I make 60,000 a year.

I'll admit that unlike some others.

I would imagine the crazy sets you see today were bought in part, if not completely off the RMAH.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
10/05/2012 08:53 PMPosted by HighLife
knee-jerk answer is RMAH but even then I can't imagine there are that many willing to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars.

more like $90 bucks and yes, there are hundreds of thousands of people in america willing to drop 2 hours of their salary for a quick upgrade, or even 3 hours of it sure

how else would Farmville make money?

also, items drop from the sky, so you can find a few of em yourself too
Edited by zoid#1554 on 10/6/2012 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Check my profile. I got my pants/belt for about 40-50m. They aren't that great, but it's nice to have the IAS, MS, CC and 130dex.
Reply Quote
found my innas pants, bought my nats before 1.0.4

I keep a balance of about $50 in the rmah in case there are good deals. just sell a bunch of small items.. $2-$5, it adds up quick!
Reply Quote
Honestly, you're not gonna get too many honest answers asking this in the open forums. If you base your opinions on forum posts then the RMAH should be dead. Since ...NOOOOOOBODY buys anything ever, but we've all just made thousands of dollars selling, of course.

Cracks me up.
Reply Quote
I only bought one item off the rmah and that was a 1.04 dead man's legacy that I've already replaced and sold back on the rmah. I got my Legacy Nat's Ring when it was still 38 mil. My nat's soul with 77 dex was 18 mil when I bought it and my Nat's Shadow with 6 disc. was 17 mil. I sold my Nat's helm with crit to buy one with a socket. As for my Inna's pieces, I found a really nice tyreal's might that sold for 85mil and sold a dex witching hour for 80 mil and that was enough to get me a 60 mil belt with resist and 90 mil pants with a good amount of vit. Whenever I replace my gear, my old gear seems to always inflate in price so I usually make 50%+ of the money back that I spent on upgrading. Legacy nats sets are way too expensive nowadays, even for the bare minimum stats, and you're probably better off getting a new nats set, but Inna's pants and belt aren't too expensive and still affordable.
Edited by Enveos#1991 on 10/6/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Honestly, you're not gonna get too many honest answers asking this in the open forums. If you base your opinions on forum posts then the RMAH should be dead. Since ...NOOOOOOBODY buys anything ever, but we've all just made thousands of dollars selling, of course.

Cracks me up.

So how much did you spend :-)

I've spent ~$1500. But eh, its just money. I'll just skip my yearly tv upgrade this year lol
Reply Quote
@Highlife

I think some of your gear is possibly expensive as well. Unless you found most of your gear, you could have probably bought Inna's/Nat's instead of what you are wearing. The mask is ugly though, I wish I could vanish dye it.
Reply Quote
Thanks for some honest responses guys. I spent a minimum of real money buying flawless squares to craft into 54 dex emeralds because I figured they would hold value and be fairly transferable character to character if needed. No real money for gear though. Most of my gear was less than 10 or 20 million and funded from drops, the most expensive pieces being SoJ, andariels, and WF which I was able to get by selling my only great drop for 150 million. I've sold a number of things for 1-15 million but still no way it would all add to a Nats set.

The other issue I have now is if I want to slowly put a set together, it's almost guaranteed i'll be weaker with only 1 or 2 pieces than with my current gear. For example I think with just Innas set I'd be pretty glass cannony. I'd love to start with Nats Bloody footprints for the AR over my current boots and then add Inna but they are crazy expensive! 48 million in account and I feel poor! I've been hoping to find maybe ONE set piece to get me started but no luck.

Maybe I'll just stick to Legs and rares.....
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Helikzhan
I've spent about 400 on the RMAH since May.

and thats your gear?...
Reply Quote
100K Damage(no SS), $0 spent in RMAH

Did sell a couple of things on the RMAH though, and I used the proceeds to get my nats mark.
Reply Quote
No money, just some light farming ACT 1 mostly and lately ACT 3 and sell at gold AH. My biggest sale was 2.5mil (long ago), most under 1mil or 500k. I always seem to pay more when I buy and get less for it when I regear and sell it. I know my gear's not awesome, but it works and I rarely die. I also kept the gear to fully tank this DH (sheild, and AR69+ on all but chest) but dps drops to 26K.
Reply Quote

Cracks me up.

So how much did you spend :-)

I've spent ~$1500. But eh, its just money. I'll just skip my yearly tv upgrade this year lol

None, but my gear is crap LOL...

And, nothing against buying or selling, just that nearly everybody lies about it, at least publicly LOL..
Reply Quote
What I did was...I pked this noob who had some nice gear and stole his gold in batches of 50k. Threw a bunch of ears and white equipment around his dead body and waited to profit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]