Diablo® III

How do so many DHs have Nats+Innas?

10/06/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Borat
I've spent about 400 on the RMAH since May.

and thats your gear?...

Long story.

I spent it on 4pc nats and some other nice items then planned to leave for WoW MoP. I multibox that game and so to save cost of buying expansions I liquidated my DH and purchased all 5 MoP upgrades with the proceeds.

Then I quit 1 week into MoP (game sucks for multiboxing, another long story) and came back about a week ago.

What I have on now cost me approximately 80 million.
Reply Quote
I haven't spent any money on the RMAH, I sold some items on the RMAH and used the proceeds to either upgrade items or flip it for gold. I don't personally think there's anything wrong with buying stuff off the RMAH but then I wouldnt really have any fun upgrading gear. Plus while the money isn't any concern for me, I work to feed my family pay bills etc, it would feel weird to justify buying D3 items just b/c I make a lot of money.
Reply Quote
There are lots of ways to get the gear u need/want for ur DH man. i cant emphasize enough how much planning is involved in this game. If u know how to plan ur build, gear, buying/selling and even farming. You will always come out ahead of the fray. Here is a good way to start:

1) Pick the most comfortable and confident play-style for ur DH (tanky, Balanced, glass cannon)
2) Pick a favorite set of skills on ur spell bar.
3) Pick a main set of gear (Nats legacy, New Nats, Stand alone rares/legendaries)
4) Buy gear specifically for your build and be sure to use a spreadsheet.
5) Don't be lazy when it comes to spreadsheet numbers. Calculate both offense and defense.
6) Make 1 purchase at a time and make it the best one for the Gold that u have.
7) When u sell stuff, base ur pricing on the competition and ALWAYS UNDERCUT!
8) Measure urself by comparing ur gear with geared players and find something cheaper.

Dretar's spreadsheet link:

"Rome wasn't built in a day..."

"Now, how do we eat a 3 ton elephant? We take a piece of it one day at a time...."

Most importantly, stick to ur main, learn everything about it and have fun!

2 cents and out.... =D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/06/2012 12:24 AMPosted by Korba
also, items drop from the sky

^ Basically sums up D3.

Glad I kept my 4p Nat's set even when I sold my weapon and some of my other items. I came back to play some D3 (with cheap filler items off the gold AH, lol), and playing without 4p Nats would totally suck really bad, lol.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Dragus
What I did was...I pked this noob who had some nice gear and stole his gold in batches of 50k. Threw a bunch of ears and white equipment around his dead body and waited to profit.

I remember when I got popped back in the day, felt like dying in real life for a short moment. Just the thought of all those random sea gulls scurrying to grab what they could. Of course no one gave any gear back...
Reply Quote
Inna's isn't too expensive. I bought the pants and belts for <100m total; didn't take long to save up. After I bought the pants, I found the (better) ones I'm wearing now.

I also found Nat's cloak (and Nat's weapon, lolz), and snagged my Nat's ring for 100m (way underpriced on the AH).
Reply Quote
I spent about $125 in the RMAH to get through inferno the first time. The only thing I am wearing now that I got there, is my xbow. I finally got a lucky drop on some IK boots with a good roll, and was able to upgrade a lot of things on the gold auction house. For me it made much more sense to spend money on the RMAH than to spend countless hours farming. I have a wife, kids, and I make a very good living. It was simply more cost effective to use real money for me than to sacrifice work time, social time, and family time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)