There are lots of ways to get the gear u need/want for ur DH man. i cant emphasize enough how much planning is involved in this game. If u know how to plan ur build, gear, buying/selling and even farming. You will always come out ahead of the fray. Here is a good way to start:
1) Pick the most comfortable and confident play-style for ur DH (tanky, Balanced, glass cannon)
2) Pick a favorite set of skills on ur spell bar.
3) Pick a main set of gear (Nats legacy, New Nats, Stand alone rares/legendaries)
4) Buy gear specifically for your build and be sure to use a spreadsheet.
5) Don't be lazy when it comes to spreadsheet numbers. Calculate both offense and defense.
6) Make 1 purchase at a time and make it the best one for the Gold that u have.
7) When u sell stuff, base ur pricing on the competition and ALWAYS UNDERCUT!
8) Measure urself by comparing ur gear with geared players and find something cheaper.
Dretar's spreadsheet link:http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4551698386
"Rome wasn't built in a day..."
"Now, how do we eat a 3 ton elephant? We take a piece of it one day at a time...."
Most importantly, stick to ur main, learn everything about it and have fun!
2 cents and out.... =D