Diablo® III

Blizzard just announced they dont testanymore

10/06/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Detnyj
But what are you complaining about again?

My major complaint would be the lack of the internal testing done. The Hellfire Ring Scenario had nothing to do with with Proc Rate but the damage it caused. It was causing millions of damage. How could internal testing not have caught that?

Same with things like:

Trail of Cinders
Combination Strike
Pre-1.0.3 Attack Speed

Any kind of internal testing should have caught these problems IF they were unintended.

I agree that the testing has proven to be very weak, and i have many issues with current game bugs, glitches, and blunders.

I do not think attacking the hellfire situation and PTR is beneficial to your concerns. It is because of the downfalls of previous patches that were released that the PTR was established for D3, and I think it's doing it's job.

I wish they'd pay me to do QA for them, I'd do a better job, but I'm not one to complain about improvement, especially if it's not even released yet.
10/06/2012 10:53 PMPosted by spiderisland
its cute and sad how you just dont understand the lack of quality it suggests when a bug as big and OBVIOUS as that is even seen by the public. bugs like that are what alphas are for, not betas, which is what PTR is but then again D3 is a beta itself so its like a beta within a beta i can understand your confusion.

The only thing that confuses me is why you keep using the word cute.
this bug hasn't made it to the actual game.

it has been found and fixed in the PTR.

That is the purpose of a PTR.

What don't you guys understand?
I agree that the testing has proven to be very weak, and i have many issues with current game bugs, glitches, and blunders.

I do not think attacking the hellfire situation and PTR is beneficial to your concerns. It is because of the downfalls of previous patches that were released that the PTR was established for D3, and I think it's doing it's job.

I wish they'd pay me to do QA for them, I'd do a better job, but I'm not one to complain about improvement, especially if it's not even released yet.

I actually agree with you. I am not trying to bash the PTR or anything. I think the PTR is a good thing. I just think there are major issues with Blizzard Internal Testing. Testing prior to the PTR should have been done and should have caught things like this Hellfire error.
Why are you guys raging about this bug not being found before the Public TEST Realm was launched? Does it seriously offend you that they let this bug happen IN A TEST REALM?

*facepalm*
Frankly I don't think they tested enough before D3 was released.

The capacity of server load is hard to estimate but they are selling copies. A daily summary isn't hard. Yet the server issue was fixed like two weeks later. Hard to understand.

On the other hand. Cutting IAS by half isn't something decent either. These guys own the server. If I were them, I'll try gear up my char with best gears and have some fun. Yet they failed to 'balance' and had to cut IAS by 50% after the game was run for a month.
this bug hasn't made it to the actual game.

it has been found and fixed in the PTR.

That is the purpose of a PTR.

What don't you guys understand?

let me guess: youre someone who thinks jay wilson's "F THAT LOSER" comment was no big deal too, right

How does this have anything to do with Jay Wilson's comment? It's a completely different subject matter altogetherl.. and for the record, no, I thought what he said was really unprofessional.

The only thing that confuses me is why you keep using the word cute.

because you're like a sad, scared puppy who's getting kicked around by its owner, but at the same time knows nothing else and still loves his abusive owner. its also cute because you got those big buggy eyes.

>.>

<.<

And now this somehow has something to do with kicking puppies and some sort of weird masochistic relationship with a computer company? And still yet to be explained is how any of this is a cute image.

No really, I just think things are getting better, and that you're an idiot.

I also took the time to underline and correct your spelling errors.
Edited by Dalamarius#1244 on 10/6/2012 11:06 PM PDT
Why are you guys raging about this bug not being found before the Public TEST Realm was launched? Does it seriously offend you that they let this bug happen IN A TEST REALM?

*facepalm*

The only question I really have that if they did any Internal Testing how did this issue even make it into the PTR?

Just like many of the issues that made it into the game that should have been caught in Internal Testing?

*facepalm*

The only question I really have that if they did any Internal Testing how did this issue even make it into the PTR?

Just like many of the issues that made it into the game that should have been caught in Internal Testing?

It's nice to see a constructive reply as opposed to people claiming 'fanboy' *sigh*

You have a good point, there are a lot of things that were overlooked on launch but that is exactly why they are implementing the PTR. Think of it as a patch beta, to weed out any bugs before the patch goes live. So far it's working as intended.
Jay is testing barb, that I know.
Wow, this thread.

People are acting like this was some huge bug.

For all we know everything is tested before PTR other than some small, irrelevant stuff like an item proc doing too much damage.

Yes, small, irrelevant. All this was, was a ring proc doing too much damage. That's tiny, minuscule, the sort of thing that PTR's catch.

Only the people that care more for the stat sheet of a character than the playing of the game that stat sheet is supposed to be a by-product of, would care about such stuff.

Get a grip, guys. 1.0.5 is still exactly the same as it ever was, same content to do, in fact because this ring was going to be doing stupid amounts of damage, you just got yourself more content, more progression, more challenge. But hey, that's not what you want from a game, is it?
I just find it interesting that you guys are confusing PTR with Public Release. They are letting the player's help them find bugs (such as this one) so that they can probably keep working on other important features such as PvP and other upcoming patches.

If people are going to QQ about bugs in a PUBLIC TEST, than that defeats the purpose of a public test. If they are going to perform comprehensive internal testing before a PTR, then that defeats the purpose of a PTR.

Were you seriously expecting a PTR with the purpose of finding bugs to be bug free?

This is actually a really effective form of resource management by the development team guys.. (and no I'm not a blizzard fanboy)
Also, if you are going to cry about bugs in a PTR, you clearly should NOT be playing the PTR and just wait for the actual patch which will now (thanks to the PTR) likely be 100% bug free.

:D
10/06/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Anuhart
Yes, small, irrelevant. All this was, was a ring proc doing too much damage. That's tiny, minuscule, the sort of thing that PTR's catch.

That is part of the issue. The Hellfire Ring is a MAJOR addition to the game. Should have been tested to see if the ring functioned as intended. Prior to any PTR or Public Release or anything like that.

In my opinion, this is not about the PTR. This is about Internal Testing not being done.
10/06/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Detnyj
That makes absolutely no sense in this scenario. If any testing was done (considering the "bug" happened 100% of the time) it would have been immediately obvious if the damage was the amount they intended. Makes no difference if it was done with 1, 5 or 500 people. This goes for ToC also.

it only makes no sense to you because you don't read. what you're saying is in no way a response to what I said read my post again. even if it was the case that the damage itself was the bug and not the effect it has on a larger player base, they still have the excuse that it is merely one part of the many many changes that came.

if 2 out of over 100 changes are bugged then D3's PTR is much better than most game's official release of patches.
100 Night Elf Warrior
IDC
wow..this dumb thread is still here
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]