Diablo® III

Blizzard just announced they dont testanymore

I think you're truly making a mountain out of a molehill.

And to all the QA and software people: you've never had something you've programmed and tested blow up on you when released out into the wild--and then have someone else point out the very obvious flaw that you somehow missed?

If you say no, then either you've been incredibly lucky or you're not being truthful.

The thing is if this is a bug, it should have been caught immediately after they run their debug build. You don't release a bug like this into the public because it implies that 1)they didn't run any sort of internal testing, or 2)the QA wasn't even informed what the proc damage value should be. Either of this shows the incompetence the dev team.
10/06/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Langolier
Which is why I said, "Blizzard created the ring intentionally for it to do an attack of X nature for which it had an unforeseen outcome which constitutes it being a bug." Meaning it had an intentional ability that ended up with an unintentional result (making it a bug). The X could be replaced with ball of hellfire if need be.

So what exactly is your point? The CM already clearly stated that it was unintentionally doing too much damage, not that it was doing the intended amount of damage that lead to an unintentional result.

The point is that what you said about my post was mistaken. I did not say the change was intentional, I stated the attack was intentional "ball of hellfire". So I was correcting your mistake.

Also, the unintentional result would be considered the damage. I was just correcting your mistake, that is all.
I'm baffled, Blizzard nerfed a item no one ever had.
Edited by Carlucio#1777 on 10/6/2012 1:37 AM PDT

If you think you lying to you just because they don't want a major PR fallout is ok, well I guess this is the definition of a fanboi isnt it?
You can piss on them all you like, and they'll lick up every single drop.

I go to Best Buy, the employees there lie to me all the time. Do I care? Hell no, why waste my time over something like that?

Seriously, I don't get why some of you guys (I use that term loosely) are throwing a hissyfit over nothing.
10/06/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Tentacle
If a company cares about SDLC and proper practices. The entire team would be at the very least chewed out, or possibly some of the project lead's head would roll.

Listen I know its just your opinion, but saying the project lead's head should roll from a bug appearing in a test realm, well seems a bit extreme from my point of view.

"I'm sorry Wyatt, this Hellfire thing in the PTR, we are gonna have to let you go"

lol
10/06/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Nilrem
Also, the unintentional result would be considered the damage. I was just correcting your mistake, that is all.

It was doing the unintentional damage everytime it proc'd. Since the primary stat increases damage by at least 1000% (typical amount for a character that would acquire the item), it was unintentionally doing at least 10 times the amount of damage. That's not even accounting for how much weapon damage would have unintentionally been increasing the damage.

Considering the frequency and mangnitude of this unintentional behavior, wouldn't you agree that it would be very obvious to notice with a minimal amount of play testing? The fact that players noticed the great amount of damage the item did on the PTR so quickly is evidence that it would be.

Wouldn't you agree that when Blizzard designs a new item that they would test that item in game? Wouldn't you agree that in order to ensure that the item is well-balanced that they would have to play the several times through?

Therefore, if Blizzard tested the item in game for functionality and balance, they would have noticed that it was doing an inordinate amount of damage. As developers, it's their job to ensure that the code they create is functioning properly, not their customers' job.

In this context, how would you explain that such an obvious bug wasn't corrected before the feature was included in a patch?
IT IS A TEST SERVER
The number of idiot cry babies that play this game is ridiculous. I understand the game has its faults but complaining about a bug in a ptr?????
100 Night Elf Hunter

I think you're truly making a mountain out of a molehill.

And to all the QA and software people: you've never had something you've programmed and tested blow up on you when released out into the wild--and then have someone else point out the very obvious flaw that you somehow missed?

If you say no, then either you've been incredibly lucky or you're not being truthful.

If you think you lying to you just because they don't want a major PR fallout is ok, well I guess this is the definition of a fanboi isnt it?
You can piss on them all you like, and they'll lick up every single drop.

And yes I have f'ed up royally by released stuff into the wild without testing before, but it only happened once, and I was being lazy.
And I paid for it majorly.
You wouldn't believe the fallout. And this is a mistake made by myself.

Blizzard had a whole team. An entire team f'ing up like that is unacceptable. And should reap the fallout.

Unacceptable? Why? How did this affect you?

just like you made a mistake, so did someone at Blizzard and it slipped past them into the PTR. The bottomline is, though, the ring is not working as intended, so it is a bug, yes? One that has been caught before it went live. I truly don't see the reason for the outrage.

And please. It's fangirl. Get it right.
10/06/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Kadderly
IT IS A TEST SERVER

To all the people saying this...it's not like it's the first time it happened. ToC was released bugged.

Could've easily been caught, but was released anyways. so !@#$ already
10/06/2012 01:52 AMPosted by Fierdre
IT IS A TEST SERVER

To all the people saying this...it's not like it's the first time it happened. ToC was released bugged.

Could've easily been caught, but was released anyways. so !@#$ already

Oh I know they said ToC was "bugged." The thing is though we all signed up to a test server. Anything in that state of the game is a test and anyone who thinks anything in that state is final is fooling themselves.

Still... ToC was a bug.. LoL
100 Night Elf Hunter

Listen I know its just your opinion, but saying the project lead's head should roll from a bug appearing in a test realm, well seems a bit extreme from my point of view.

"I'm sorry Wyatt, this Hellfire thing in the PTR, we are gonna have to let you go"

lol

Its not about a ring, or even the PTR.
Its the practice of releasing stuff into the wild without testing.
That is a cardinal sin the software development world.
You wouldn't last long in a company that care about quality if you pull this kind of crap for long.

But apparently if you are sloppy and lazy, you can stay in blizzard forever.

What makes you think that the person responsible for the testing hasn't been reprimanded?

10/06/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Tentacle
That's a big no no in the software industry little girl.

I've been an adult probably longer than you've been alive.
Edited by Bird#1227 on 10/6/2012 2:00 AM PDT
10/06/2012 01:52 AMPosted by Tentacle
i'll bet you are one of those people that smiles and bents over for a car salesmen

What does that have to do with caring about when you are lied to? It happens ALL the time. Clearly for you its:

A. I've never been lied to (ok buddy)

B. Whenever I discover I've been lied to, everything stops, until I feel things have been resolved to my liking (good luck buddy)

I go to Best Buy, the employees there lie to me all the time. Do I care? Hell no, why waste my time over something like that?

Seriously, I don't get why some of you guys (I use that term loosely) are throwing a hissyfit over nothing.

i'll bet you are one of those people that smiles and bents over for a car salesmen.

No I'm smart enough to realize not to make a big deal over nothing, unlike drama queens like yourself. Get over it, Francis.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]