Diablo® III

My long withheld RAGE just breaks free. SSJ4!

SSJ4 mode [on]

WHAT are you doing Blizzard?

1 step forward, 10 steps back! Let me explain to you why I'm so frustrated and mad, and guessing by the countless complaining threads on the forum I am not alone with this.

1. The loot system is the most uninspired and frustrating thing in this game. You basically need only 6 stats (main stat, vitality, CC, CD, IAS, All res) (and maybe movement speed), anything else is worthless.

Yet, even though the itemization is SO limited due to this BRILLIANT balancing of stats, you don't implement something that makes these stats roll more often. They somehow have the same chance as every other stat to roll on an item, making the system WAY TOO RANDOM.

During my last 2000 elite kills I felt sicker and sicker after identifying more and more HORRIBLE junk.

Tell me, who in god's name was the GENIUS that thought of implementing class-specific weapons with unspecific primary stats?

I could puke each time I see a stupid bow with strength or another mighty weapon with intelligence and dexterity but of course no strength. UNBELIEVABLE. A 4 year old would not be as stupid to think of this.

Where is the fairness, where are the rewards in this game? A player can farm for 500 hours and get nothing but crap, while some guy new to Inferno drops the perfectly rolled 1B item on his first mob.

Not that I have something against that, but if I put that much time into a game I want to be rewarded.

Another brilliant idea was to base dps mainly on the weapon dps.
How many times do I get a really amazing weapon with everything needed except for high dps?

Nearly every weapon below 850 DPS is basically useless. Great job Blizzard.

At the same time the forum is full of ideas such as "let us socket our weapons, even though if it costs a fortune" or "let us increase a weapons dps through gems and plans", but of course, Blizzard is just NOT LISTENING AGAIN.

1.2 Legendaries.

Again, unbelievable.

Look at this for god's sake:

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/5177/craprr.png

Now tell me...WHAT OF THESE GARBAGE PIECES IS SUPPOSED TO BE LEGENDARY?

Man am I frustrated of this.
Again, a 4 year old would not be as stupid to create crap like this.
Legendaries were buffed in 1.0.4? Then why do they still blow? You can't seriously tell me that this stuff is supposed to be "legendary". And keep in mind that these are BY FAR not the only ones I found, just the first 8 I found in my AH log. I even stopped selling them, much more fun to go into a public game on hell mode and throw them in unidentified. Sad but true story. Good job Blizzard, your legendaries aren't even worth identifying.

Either remove them or buff them significantly, end of story.

2. Nerfs, nerfs and more nerfs.

You either are completely unable to balance a game or simply have a bigger plan of how to maximize your profit by pushing customers to the RMAH through destroying their gear.
In either way you should be ashamed.

Take the Hellfire ring for example.
When the PTR hit I stayed up until 5 a.m. watching a streamer called Moldran farming this ring. As soon as I saw the ring proc for 4M damage I was amazed and thought "Wow, amazing job Blizzard. I will farm a ton for this ring, this is insane FUN"

But guess what, as it turns out the ONLY amazing and FUN legendary they were able to create is based on a BUG. How fitting. A bug can create mor fun than the developers themselves.

About your so called "balancing for the sake of built diversity":

There will ALWAYS be some skills that are used more often than others.
If you truly want to promote built diversity you DON'T do that through nerfing the popular ones TO THE GROUND.
Are you really that unable?

Hellfire proc damage nerfed from 3-4 million to 25k.

Proc rate of Storm chaser reduced from 0.5 to 0.125

Proc coefficient of Run like the wind reduced from 0.2 to 0.08

Proc coefficient of meteor reduced from 0.25 to 0.125 (or even less on specific runes)

Trail of cinders damage reduced from 1500% to 300% weapon damage over 3 seconds

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING? Has it become your primary goal to destroy every last bit of fun this broken game has instead of repairing it?

Also note that ALL these nerfs are no slight changes, they are always way beyond reasoning.

Good going Blizzard, keep pissing of your customers with your stupid nerfing philosophy, you are making a fool of yourself.

3. End game content

Or should I say the lack of it?

With the hellfire ring being useless again, I will exactly once farm all its ingredients, craft that dumb piece and store it in my stash until I feel the need to level up.

So much for new content on 1.0.5. 6 hours of new content, AMAZING job Blizzard.

Instead of adding the so often demanded never ending dungeon you come up with this?
Don't get me wrong, the idea of uber bosses is great, but it lacks the same key criteria as the rest of the game: reward.

Your game is simply not rewarding.

Paragon levels. The most useless idea ever. Why is it useless?
Grinding four 1000+ hours just to get more main stat is NOT REWARDING. 300MF? I'm running with 364 buffed MF and it is not making a difference since you completely messed up the way MF works.

Of course you could listen to the community and add something as bonus pickup radius, bonus movement speed etc. every 10 levels, but no, you rather keep it simple instead of thinking too much about what could make the content fun.

I can't believe D3 is really what it is and I truly hope that the devs will eventually come to their minds, but seeing the changes they did thus far rather indicates the opposite.

I don't understand how a company can be as horribly stubborn and not listen to their customers. I don't get how you guys try to force us to play the way you think we should play.

I can't grasp how you dare to nerf builts for which people actually spent real money and thus betraying and stealing from them.

I had to let this out, I'm sorry for the harsh words. I still believe this game can be fixed and I very much hope so, but you guys have to start listening to what WE want. No nerfs in 1.0.5, neither on classes and neither on the Hellfire ring.

Jay himself said it best: "There is no such thing as being overpowered"

Balancing is totally fine for PvP, but not for PvE. Not when time and effort is involved, not when money is involved.

Just work together with your players, we are here and we tell you what we want, it could all be so simple.

Peace!
10/06/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Odin
Wait for pvp to be 4v4 only, and nothing else. When they stick to that idea i'll sit back and watch amused D3 losing the last few players it has.

I honestly couldn't care less about PvP at the moment, it wasn't a reason for me to buy D3.
They already have the perfect example of how it should be though: D2.

But we'll see, if they continue to ignore us they'll probably find a way to mess it up.
Everything you said has already been said over a thousand times, and blizz still doesn't care. A very depressing feeling isn't it?
10/06/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Gorthon
Yeah, this game is a turd. Hellfire Ring was the only thing I was looking forward to, but not anymore. At least they fixed it before it went live... saved me the trouble of farming it. Anyways, I stopped playing a week ago and probably won't pick it up again this year. PvP is going to be funny... I can't wait to see it.

I guess it's pretty much the only thing we ALL were looking forward to, since the obnoxious nerfs and the unchanged loot system aren't anything motivating...
10/06/2012 09:23 AMPosted by half3vil
Everything you said has already been said over a thousand times, and blizz still doesn't care. A very depressing feeling isn't it?

Some things just can't be said often enough.
Look at this for god's sake:

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/5177/craprr.png

Now tell me...WHAT OF THESE GARBAGE PIECES IS SUPPOSED TO BE LEGENDARY?

Yeah, current legendaries are just...boring
Blizzard should really learn from D2 and how exciting epic and set items used to be.
They were on a completely different level!

Currently, legendaries are not much different from rares, just better stats and better damage with some procs that are useless and boring.

Treasure hunting is not nearly as fun as D2 used to be. In spite of low chance to roll perfect stats to get a good item in D3, D2 was still WAY more fun as far as itemization went and that made D2 farming much more fun.
85 Gnome Death Knight
Well said. Completely agreed.
Yeah, current legendaries are just...boring
Blizzard should really learn from D2 and how exciting epic and set items used to be.
They were on a completely different level!

Currently, legendaries are not much different from rares, just better stats and better damage with some procs that are useless and boring.

Treasure hunting is not nearly as fun as D2 used to be. In spite of low chance to roll perfect stats to get a good item in D3, D2 was still WAY more fun as far as itemization went and that made D2 farming much more fun.

Exactly!

Also unique items from lower difficulties were actually usable! In D3 we only have the Leoric's Signet, which is not really something special if we're honest. And maybe the Cain's set, lol.

In the end not only lower level legendaries but still even 60+ ones are complete garbage.
i agree with the primary stats on class specific rings
You lost me at listing broken moves, that make the game too easy.
sounds like you want someone to hold your hand while you 1 shot elites.
i agree with the primary stats on class specific rings
You lost me at listing broken moves, that make the game too easy.
sounds like you want someone to hold your hand while you 1 shot elites.

These moves are far from broken, they are FUN.

I already one shot elites more or less and this wouldn't change after the patch, but that's not the point.

Nerfing skills pisses people off.
Promising not to nerf skills and then doing so nonetheless pisses people off.
A game developer saying that nothing can be considered overpowered [in a PvE game], which is totally correct, who in the end destroys people's builts without any reason pisses people off.

To have 1 good legendary, 10 must suffer for not having it.

Stand up, stretch yourself up, look around... That's real life.

I stood up. I stretched. I looked around.

Saw no legendaries, guess you were right.
Take the Hellfire ring for example.
When the PTR hit I stayed up until 5 a.m. watching a streamer called Moldran farming this ring. As soon as I saw the ring proc for 4M damage I was amazed and thought "Wow, amazing job Blizzard. I will farm a ton for this ring, this is insane FUN"

But guess what, as it turns out the ONLY amazing and FUN legendary they were able to create is based on a BUG. How fitting. A bug can create mor fun than the developers themselves.

Yeah, that's another thing that's wrong with D3. It's based too much on WoW, where you pick nickles and dimes, add them together and then you become decent.
That is not how diablo work. You are supposed to be overpowered. That's what makes it fun.
But as soon as you get there - through a powerful item like hellfire ring, or a very expensive WW+Sprint build, Blizzard puts a break and says " nope, that's too much fun, now back to square one"
Hey, I resent Strongarm Bracers being on that list... I use them myself, they are better than 99% of rares, and ones with 50+ all res cost 15 million minimum for a reason

Lacuni can roll better stats but they are ungodly expensive

Anyway, many of the things you mentioned, Blizzard wont comment about because they are obviously saving them for the expansion... Of course its not a good PR move to go "We have all those features ready, but we need something to make you spend more money, so deal it with and buy the expansion when it is available"

So they just ignore those posts completely

Dont expect D3 to have only one expansion like D2 either... Look at all the WoW expansions and SC2... They actually split the game into 3 parts, lol

Activision was the worst thing to ever happen to them
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]