Diablo® III

My long withheld RAGE just breaks free. SSJ4!

Damn, OP went oozaru.

BTW, I agree.
Edited by Dattebayo#1244 on 10/6/2012 10:05 AM PDT
Its so sad. Diablo 3 really has some problems but MOST PEOPLE complain about the wrong things -.-

Balancing is very important, because it GIVES CHOICE. If there is 1 OP build how could you play anything else? This sucks!

What Diablo 3 needs is better ITEMIZSATION, thats all.

Make builds good by finding the appropriate items. Not just make 1 perfect item roll which is optimal for ALL builds. Thats just wrong.

Better Itemization probably means that those things get nerfed(crycrycry):

-all Resist
-Critdamage
-Mainstats

but additionally other stats need to get buffed, espacially the Skillstats.

Really, people dont have a clue about gamedesign. They know that there is something wrong, but complain about the completly wrong stuff...
Damn, OP went oozaru.

BTW, I agree.

I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my way of being a ninja! DATTEBAYO! :D
10/06/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Kyrone
Everything you said has already been said over a thousand times, and blizz still doesn't care. A very depressing feeling isn't it?

Some things just can't be said often enough.

I think that saying it again and explaining in detail like Kyrone did helps, because I see a lot of posts where players just rage out and Blizzard jumps in the post and is like "well...we could help if you explained what you mean".
10/06/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Soranamae
Anyway, many of the things you mentioned, Blizzard wont comment about because they are obviously saving them for the expansion... Of course its not a good PR move to go "We have all those features ready, but we need something to make you spend more money, so deal it with and buy the expansion when it is available"

That's probably the actual truth.
I see a lot of valid concerns in the forums, to which Blizzard makes absolutely no comment about. I think you are right - there is a good reason for that. And that is probably because they are saving their best for the expansion.
However, that is not the best way to handle things.
MY LONG WITHHELD RAGE JUST BREAKS FREE. SSJ4!

OVER 9000!!
10/06/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Kyrone
Tell me, who in god's name was the GENIUS that thought of implementing class-specific weapons with unspecific primary stats?

http://i.imgur.com/HE12c.jpg
Damn, OP went oozaru.

BTW, I agree.

I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my way of being a ninja! DATTEBAYO! :D

Believe it!

It's very sad that my version of playing D3 has resulted in coming back to the forums to see if this game still has its problems which it does. I feel like when you first play D3, it seems awesome (at least for me it did) but when you reach inferno and you keep doing the same runs over and over again with crappy drops it really makes you reflect on this game and it feels unfinished and uninspired.

I truly feel like they put a lot of work into Act 1 (this reminds me of a D2 game) and as you continue, there is less and less content in the game. When you look at what D2 provided us on launch and compare it to what D3 is providing us after multiple patches, it's just sad.
10/06/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Nasabot
Balancing is very important, because it GIVES CHOICE. If there is 1 OP build how could you play anything else? This sucks!

Not necessarily - while double Tornado might be the best build for Barbarians, it doesn't change the fact that not just about anyone can viably use one.

I for one can't, unless I would invest real money into it which I am not going to do.
The build is the most expensive, because it requires you to stack crit and crit items along with other decent stats which makes those items basically BiS and of course incredibly expensive.

I see double Tornado build as an end game build and I am excited to slowly works towards it. What's not exciting though is to work towards it and find out that Blizzard has just destroyed it.

There are plenty other cheaper builds, like one I am using. It's not as good as double tornado build but it's viable and quite effective.
Like Kyrone said, there will always be best builds to use and that is fine.
Also unique items from lower difficulties were actually usable! In D3 we only have the Leoric's Signet, which is not really something special if we're honest. And maybe the Cain's set, lol.

In the end not only lower level legendaries but still even 60+ ones are complete garbage.

Yea they need to rework some of their items. Some affixes like "suffers no loss of durability" or whatever it is, it's a waste of an affix. Also + health to health globes or life after kill are also pretty lousy imo since chances of finding a health globe aren't that great (only helps a few builds anyways) and also both affixes aren't good if you die before killing the enemy.

As for legendary items. Perhaps allow all legendary items to drop in all difficulties/act but corresponding to their item level TO that difficulty/act. And perhaps allow all of these items the chance to be level 63 if found in inferno (crafting would be the same).

This way legendary items will allow for more customization and may be more useful when you're a level 60 char. Having a leoric's ring that is treated as a level 63 item seems to be more useful yes? Or perhaps finding a windforce while in normal mode will make the item hunt a little more interesting when it comes to diversity.
10/06/2012 10:23 AMPosted by cr14mson
Tell me, who in god's name was the GENIUS that thought of implementing class-specific weapons with unspecific primary stats?

http://i.imgur.com/HE12c.jpg

Another thing, it's fine for item affixes to be random, but there has to be some limits of how random can it get.
It should at least make some kind of sense, where in this case it clearly doesn't.
It is not ok and not fun at all to find a class specific item without class specific core stat.
blah blah blah, yes we know all this stuff already.
Believe it!

It's very sad that my version of playing D3 has resulted in coming back to the forums to see if this game still has its problems which it does. I feel like when you first play D3, it seems awesome (at least for me it did) but when you reach inferno and you keep doing the same runs over and over again with crappy drops it really makes you reflect on this game and it feels unfinished and uninspired.

I truly feel like they put a lot of work into Act 1 (this reminds me of a D2 game) and as you continue, there is less and less content in the game. When you look at what D2 provided us on launch and compare it to what D3 is providing us after multiple patches, it's just sad.

Yeah, the repetitiveness is super tedious.

I also agree with what you said about Act 1, for me it is the best Act in D3.
The atmosphere is truly what I expected from this game, and the Butcher is a really well designed boss. All in all I had a ton of fun gearing up there. Pretty much did A2 only once as I was overgeared and started to farm A3, which was decent in the beginning. The occasional item drops were still sellable, as not that much end-game gear flooded the AH, but soon enough it became horribly boring and only really good gear started to sell.
Right now where upgrades would cost me 100M+ for a single piece and I make about 500k in an hour it has just become the most frustrating experience, only because their item system is such a disgrace.

They can't honestly expect us to farm 200 hours for 1 piece of gear can they?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]