Diablo® III

My long withheld RAGE just breaks free. SSJ4!

10/06/2012 12:34 PMPosted by slicktrick
The radius/movement speed thing doesnt seem like it would be game breaking and would be a nice reward to go w/ paragon lvls.

Of course it wouldn't, and they could still only make these additions count for PvE only.
How I feel about the OP:

http://i.imgur.com/NnzQs.jpg

____

Every patch is SLOWLY introducing the same features found in D2. SLOWLY!!!
I figure by the time this game is = to LOD we'll have landed a human on mars.

It takes time guys to implement the same "respun" ideas that worked well with d2 around a decade ago. /sarcasm - 1.05 with its MP system is a 1/4 step in the right direction but 3/4 from a full step.

It's not even so much the plethora of loot/legendary's with !@# backwards class stats from the wrong class on it, its the fact that one can not simply right click a profile, and select duel. Alot of replay value is found when trying to farm gear to beat good bracketed PvP'ers IMO.

Whole game is centered around a crappy UI; Bnet 1 > 2.

Here's to hope in 1.06
To have 1 good legendary, 10 must suffer for not having it.

Stand up, stretch yourself up, look around... That's real life.

I thought we are playing a game .... I guess I must be wrong then ...

You know what made Diablo 2 great? That many of the items you found have been "good". Well, I mean take the set items. You found an IK item and it was "good". Anything else like a "perfect" IK hammer was a "bonus". But even your average Ik hammer was usually not useless.

Now lets take a look on D3. 2 people can find the same IK glove. Just that one of them is almost useless (missing either some vital stat or very low stats), the other guy has a "perfect" glove worth more then 100m gold ...

Now set items dont fall very often in D3 ... and as you dont have already enough randomness ... you have again to hope the RNG gives you a "good" roll.

Sorry. No clue how you feel but that really is a hard damper on my motivation to play D3.

I dont care if I find 10 or 100 Legendary items if most of them are "junk". Even the "high lvl" ones. Now, D2 had many "bad" legendaries as well. No problem with that! But the rolls on the items have not been THAT high like in D3.

I dont mind a system where the drops are somewhat rare. But I would love to see more consitency. As many others explained already. We are tired of getting some awesome bow with 200 strength ... or some mighty weapon with 200 dexterity some awesome armor but no all resist on it.

10/06/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Kyrone
The radius/movement speed thing doesnt seem like it would be game breaking and would be a nice reward to go w/ paragon lvls.

Of course it wouldn't, and they could still only make these additions count for PvE only.

Actually I think it would be better if you get 2 points in resitance with every paragorn level for example.

This would give us a bit more freedom in the choice of builds.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 10/6/2012 1:09 PM PDT
Actually I think it would be better if you get 2 points in resitance with every paragorn level for example.

This would give us a bit more freedom in the choice of builds.

I personally wouldn't mind that at all, but I can already here the crybabies whining about this idea.

Still it would help the main problems the game has: Horrible items and no end-game.
Blizzard thought they could fire the guys with experience ... they thought they knew more than the creator ... they thought wrong.

Blizzard makes the graphics, the servers, the $$ power ... Blizzard North shows ya what you can do with all that stuff

Diablo has become so dam generic without em ... its like living through a bad divorce lol
Blizzard raised an argument that if they allowed items to either drop more often or have better rolls, having gold AH and real money AH would make those items tank in value too fast.
My counter argument would be - once people get their mains uber geared, they would start gearing their alts.
In D2 most of us had multiple characters well geared.

How many of us have multiple well geared characters in D3?

More powerful and more accessible gear would bring the fun back and because people would start working on their alts, it would also solve re-playability issue.
Reason for the stupid mod rolls like Int/Dex on a Mighty Weapon etc. is because of laziness: they're completely random because that's easy, you just let the computer do all the work, rather than actually having to get your finger out and make some custom rules for certain item types etc.
10/06/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Aqueous
Reason for the stupid mod rolls like Int/Dex on a Mighty Weapon etc. is because of laziness: they're completely random because that's easy, you just let the computer do all the work, rather than actually having to get your finger out and make some custom rules for certain item types etc.

No, I don't think they are stupid or lazy.
I am pretty sure they did it for the reason - which is to make the gear suck more and to make us farm more.
Some of us are persistent and are still farming gear, but most of other players said "screw this" long time ago, because it just wasn't fun and felt like not rewarding enough to put the time in.
As a result, community shrunk as players moved to other games.
Edited by Grimraven#1853 on 10/6/2012 2:21 PM PDT
10/06/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Juerrilla
More complaints from a WoW player...

you call it complain, I call it feedback
depends on how you look at it
View profile
You are right they don't listen to these laundry lists of complaints. I agree with some of what you said but the blues have asked that we give complaints then suggestions on one topic at a time. They have said when we do they read it and feed it back to the dev team but most of the time don't answer the thread directly for fear of derailing it. I have no reason to doubt them. We are being heard though it doesn't seem like it. It's good to discuss complaints but fixes take time. Given time this game will get better and better.
Edited by Nighthunter4#1650 on 10/7/2012 10:50 AM PDT
Blizzard raised an argument that if they allowed items to either drop more often or have better rolls, having gold AH and real money AH would make those items tank in value too fast.
My counter argument would be - once people get their mains uber geared, they would start gearing their alts.
In D2 most of us had multiple characters well geared.

How many of us have multiple well geared characters in D3?

More powerful and more accessible gear would bring the fun back and because people would start working on their alts, it would also solve re-playability issue.

Exactly, and in contrast I had 3 characters in hard mode ICC gear with my main 11/12, my druid 11/12 10 man and my DK 8/12. It was worth spending those hours in ICC because I knew I could gear up my guys. Not in this crap game though.
"there is no such thing as being overpowered"
Except for the overpowered failure of the development team. Why are you trying to balance this game so much for difficulty? Its about murdering whole armies, not makeing white mobs take 5 minutes to kill. Why can't they get that through their heads.
I miss rune words, those filled a huge gap in the itemization department!
^
Sticky requested.
Anyway, many of the things you mentioned, Blizzard wont comment about because they are obviously saving them for the expansion... Of course its not a good PR move to go "We have all those features ready, but we need something to make you spend more money, so deal it with and buy the expansion when it is available"

So they just ignore those posts completely

Dont expect D3 to have only one expansion like D2 either... Look at all the WoW expansions and SC2... They actually split the game into 3 parts, lol

LOL i seriously doubt people will buy their expansion pack with the way Blizzard treat to D3 player by now......from 59.99 become 10 dollar....WTH.
Will blizzard respond to one of the top 10 most active posts....?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]