Diablo® III

Black 1229dps SOLD

10/09/2012 12:25 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
A 850 dps weapon with 60% crit, OS, and 150 int would do more damage. Some people are infatuated with weapon DPS number though.

If that is true than I am honestly doing something wrong, what spreadsheet or dps simulator do you regularly use to compare items?

So far I've found that black dps has a huge effect on my dps personally, but if I could broaden my search with a better understanding of what increases damage it would help me greatly.
Reply Quote
i really recommend the bios-gaming one. i've been using it forever and it's just so simple. good share.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/09/2012 12:32 PMPosted by BDF
A 850 dps weapon with 60% crit, OS, and 150 int would do more damage. Some people are infatuated with weapon DPS number though.

If that is true than I am honestly doing something wrong, what spreadsheet or dps simulator do you regularly use to compare items?

So far I've found that black dps has a huge effect on my dps personally, but if I could broaden my search with a better understanding of what increases damage it would help me greatly.

That's because the Triumvirate % to elemental damage bonuses get added to your black weapon
Reply Quote
@whoopadeedoo

Thanks for the links, and that bios-gaming one is really hand with the ability to import your character, and it also perfectly matches the spreadsheet I already used from the user Loroose on the diablofans forums.

I think that the effect of having a trium+zuni boots (all that +%dmg) really has a larger effect on what makes a good weapon than you may think (in terms of how valueable +dmg is)
Reply Quote
if someone finds a weapon w/ the stats on my thread, + an extra affix of either vit, int, or ais for less than 150mil.... let me know the stats, and I may buy it from you ( simple as that ).

@whoopadeedoo: Just looking to get a weapon now is all... Trying REAL hard not to upgrade rings/ammy pre-patch. So, once the patch is released, my new jewelry cc should be hitting against my new dmg.

I'm also looking into a EF w/ LS/OS/INT though... It's a toss up b/t a few weapons right now...

I guess I could finally get a lacuni w/ cc instead of a weapon... but it would raise my current dps as much as this weapon (I'm not willing to spend the insane amount of gold that a Int lacuni w/ 5+ cc demands either).
Reply Quote
Your a newb jobewan paying 150m for that weapon

watch patch 1.05 drop rates increase im sure the value of these weapon would drop drastically.

APOC weapons are more suitable for CM specs such as yourself in the next comming patch.
Reply Quote

Correct, but add Lifesteal to those stats and now search AH.

Prices of LS weapons - r e t a r d e d
Reply Quote
Swords gone.
Reply Quote
Can some clear something up? The discussion is about black weapons and how + elemental damage affix work with the black weapons. What I would like to know is that the Wizard "Tal's"
Set has the + to 3 elemental damages as each set piece is added. Do you have to be doing Fire damage to get the + fire affix added or it is just pure + damage period!

If I had three Tal's pieces and the set bonus is +6% damage to FIRE/LIGHT/POSION or w/e is that 18% totals damage increase over all? Or do I have to be doing those types of elemental damage to get the bonuses?

-Stab
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Aphraell
Swords gone.

Did you get the $250 in rmah?
Reply Quote

I'm probably having a brain fart here...but what's 'OS'...?
Reply Quote
open socket
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]