Diablo® III

Legendaries need to be redone, AGAIN

I think legendaries should only be ilvl 60-63 items only. A player goes from normal to inferno mode in less than a week.

And one of the problems on current legendaries is that their atributes are waaay too random. DPS on weapons should be as less random !@# posible.

This week the leg drops I picked up were the skeleton kings mace, etrayu, and some blind helm when leveling some off my off characters.

The ideas of these three items are sweet it just happens to suck that they are sub-60 items with awful stats.
Reply Quote
I'd rather they halve the legendary drop and have less random variables than double the amount of Fiery Brimstones.
Reply Quote
How come my legendaries only have 6 stats and I found a yellow sword with 7?

Seems way backwards to me. Oh wait, Blizzard took the word "Legendary" and thought it was too powerful, so they nerfed it.
Reply Quote
Any weapon without socket is 100% worthless.

The whole damage system is stupidly borked.

To balance it they would need to nerf the +critical% damage from gems by a massive amount, but that's not gonna happen at this point because it would piss too many people off I guess.
Reply Quote
I can agree with your post. These legendaries hold no prestige whatsoever. Windforce for example, its pretty much useless. I can either use a manticore and have a 75k damage advantage, or lose that for knockback and .30 attack speed. Just like the original poster mentioned with all of them..... What the heck is going on? Bring back the prestige these items once had.
Reply Quote
Hell, I would be incredibly happy to just have the ability to get a usable legendary drop while playing my low lvl chars. That's the whole point of the game....finding cool stuff while killing demons. It's a shame that players basically have to wait until they get to inferno to get any legendary drops that they can use.
Reply Quote
agreed. i see people using maximum, tormentor, buriza, windforce, azurewrath and others for follower gear only.
Reply Quote
Legendaries were the most disappointing part of the game for me. Plenty of other stuff sucked but it would have taken longer to notice if they just would have done a better job with the legendaries.

Thank God for games like Path of Exile that get this stuff right.
Edited by stryker#1589 on 10/12/2012 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6863576461#5

:( Forever alone.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Mendacium
Hell, I would be incredibly happy to just have the ability to get a usable legendary drop while playing my low lvl chars. That's the whole point of the game....finding cool stuff while killing demons. It's a shame that players basically have to wait until they get to inferno to get any legendary drops that they can use.

Well said.
Reply Quote
Honestly I don't know how they could have gotten it so wrong the 2nd time around.

3rd time's the charm I guess.
Reply Quote
I have an idea. It might not be very Diabloish, but hey.

All legendaries have the same stats they have now (or similar). They retain all their base properties and they roll however many random properties they're allowed. However, what if we made it so that all legendaries could drop at different ilvls? So you could find a level 10 witching hour in normal mode w/ the same stats (IAS, CHD, random props) but the stats would be based on the monster level. Inferno would drop only ilvl60-63 stats on the legendaries.

This way, if you find a legendary that has cool proc effect, you could actually get a level63 one that could be usable for your endgame. This would actually encourage diversity in builds if proc effects could roll higher stats when dropped by level 63 monsters.

Of course there would have to be exceptions. I think set items can stay as is since there are good variety of level 63 set items.

Let's face it. The majority of playtime by long term players is in inferno... and talking 99% of playtime. Since there are so many set items designed Normal-Hell, they hardly get used since a player gets to inferno in like a day or two. Let's make those items usable in inferno. It make for some really cool items.
Edited by OnSugarHill#1125 on 10/12/2012 12:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i think one of the main problem is actual D3 team does not know d2 very well or something gone wrong and they broke with it

The MARA amulet in d2 is really nicely balanced, basically it's the best example of what should be a balanced legendary.
Reply Quote
I have an idea. It might not be very Diabloish, but hey.

All legendaries have the same stats they have now (or similar). They retain all their base properties and they roll however many random properties they're allowed. However, what if we made it so that all legendaries could drop at different ilvls? So you could find a level 10 witching hour in normal mode w/ the same stats (IAS, CHD, random props) but the stats would be based on the monster level. Inferno would drop only ilvl60-63 stats on the legendaries.

This way, if you find a legendary that has cool proc effect, you could actually get a level63 one that could be usable for your endgame. This would actually encourage diversity in builds if proc effects could roll higher stats when dropped by level 63 monsters.

Of course there would have to be exceptions. I think set items can stay as is since there are good variety of level 63 set items.

Let's face it. The majority of playtime by long term players is in inferno... and talking 99% of playtime. Since there are so many set items designed Normal-Hell, they hardly get used since a player gets to inferno in like a day or two. Let's make those items usable in inferno. It make for some really cool items.

I think this is would be an improvement but would take too much to implement as there would be so many versions of the same item. Maybe a more realistic approach would just bump maybe 70-80% of all legendaries to ilvl 61-63... hopefully more ilvl 63s though.

The problem now is Vile ward is BiS, Witching Hour, Lacuni, Inna's pants, Class set Torso piece, etc... Not much variety in some pieces as far as end game goes. And the mid tier legendaries still suck.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 07:54 PMPosted by FruitVendor
True, they have their uses as follower items but is that what the iconic D2 uniques stand for now?

When I first saw the bad legendary items that were carried over from D2 I wasn't annoyed at all. I was a low level back then and it seemed obvious to me that making the D2 legendary items into weak items made perfect sense. Blizzard tried to convey that our new characters and equipment are superior to the same from D2. The point of the carry overs was cosmetic/collector value. This would have been fine if D3, had D3 had its own set of great legendary items. However in 1.03 it did not, and most uniques became irritants, rather than a "oh cool they threw that in there!" To alleviate the irritation they buffed the D2 carry overs.

I don't think they should buff them any D2 legendary items anymore. The 1.04 buff was a quick fix that was used to patch up a missing part of their game. But nephalem use better items than that of the mere adventurers in D2. The solution for legendary items is simple. New legendary items. We can count on new D3 legendary items. We just don't know how long it will take.

In short, legendaries do not need to be redone. They just need to be done.
Edited by Phillywonho#1683 on 10/15/2012 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think legendaries should only be ilvl 60-63 items only. A player goes from normal to inferno mode in less than a week.

And one of the problems on current legendaries is that their atributes are waaay too random. DPS on weapons should be as less random !@# posible.

They basically should do an "inferno" level of all the low level leg. So at least the art is not completely wasted.
Edited by XecutorZ#1293 on 10/15/2012 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Phillywonho
True, they have their uses as follower items but is that what the iconic D2 uniques stand for now?

When I first saw the bad legendary items that were carried over from D2 I wasn't annoyed at all. I was a low level back then and it seemed obvious to me that making the D2 legendary items into weak items made perfect sense. Blizzard tried to convey that our new characters and equipment are superior to the same from D2. The point of the carry overs was cosmetic/collector value. This would have been fine if D3, had D3 had its own set of great legendary items. However in 1.03 it did not, and most uniques became irritants, rather than a "oh cool they threw that in there!" To alleviate the irritation they buffed the D2 carry overs.

I don't think they should buff them any D2 legendary items anymore. The 1.04 buff was a quick fix that was used to patch up a missing part of their game. But nephalem use better items than that of the mere adventurers in D2. The solution for legendary items is simple. New legendary items. We can count on new D3 legendary items. We just don't know how long it will take.

In short, legendaries do not need to be redone. They just need to be done.

I never thought of it that way... but if that were the case we wouldn't have any strong D2 unique cross-overs... there are some good ones like the SoJ & IK set but the others are just sub-par and feel rushed. I'm still advocating them to be re-done, not right away of course there are more pressing issues at hand, but I still hope Blizzard would revisit them sometime in the future. Perhaps before the PVP launch? (Dreams)
Reply Quote
Agreed
Reply Quote
As soon as they redo/buff legendaries, you'll want more. Loot has been buffed tremendously but the crying remains the same. You won't be happy until you have the very best of the best items in the game dropping for you and only you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]