Diablo® III

How long can this botting stream go on for?

http://www.twitch.tv/diablo3bot

lolol serious ?
Reply Quote
Indefinitely, apparently. It seems implementing a heuristic that monitors the online time/day of players and combine it with a captcha is impossible... You'd think it was really easy.
Reply Quote
bot is currently stuck in a loop because no pick up radius. gold glitch pwned.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 03:53 AMPosted by SeaOfSand
Indefinitely, apparently. It seems implementing a heuristic that monitors the online time/day of players and combine it with a captcha is impossible... You'd think it was really easy.

Or ya know... They could at least block 3rd-party hack programs from running in the back ground while Diablo 3 is running... Ya know... Like Cheat Engine? Vindictus, a crap Play for Free Game, has this feature and more [Vindictus will automatically close when Cheat Engine is started and will not start if it is running before launch]... And Blizzard can't even be bothered to block the most popular 3rd-party hack out there? Seriously... Just pathetic... Absolutely pathetic... And what's more... They don't even ban people for using it...
Edited by uwish#1178 on 10/9/2012 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 03:56 AMPosted by uwish

Or ya know... They could at least block 3rd-party hack programs from running in the back ground while Diablo 3 is running... Ya know... Like Cheat Engine? Vindictus, a crap Play for Free Game, has this feature and more [Vindictus will automatically close when Cheat Engine is started and will not start if it is running before launch]... And Blizzard can't even be bothered to block the most popular 3rd-party hack out there? Seriously... Just pathetic... Absolutely pathetic... And what's more... They don't even ban people for using it...

Lots of bots aren't Cheatengine based. Plus, the high profile of Blizzard games means that you get some really ingenious bastards making bots/hacks that bypass Blizzard's security. I mean SC2 has a well known pay Maphack that has been detected *once* in it's history (and that was due to a silly mistake by the maker).

The answer to bots is Capchas. I hate to say it because I *loathe* them, but I can't think of a better solution.
Reply Quote
there are many bots, that are running since the beta 24/7 and never got banned
like the tntbot

i´ve never seen a statement by bli$$ard regarding bots bugs and glitches

i thin they don't even want to ban them...
Edited by CapsLockCrew#2794 on 10/9/2012 4:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Even online poker uses captchas to stop bots.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Starbird

Lots of bots aren't Cheatengine based. Plus, the high profile of Blizzard games means that you get some really ingenious bastards making bots/hacks that bypass Blizzard's security. I mean SC2 has a well known pay Maphack that has been detected *once* in it's history (and that was due to a silly mistake by the maker).

The answer to bots is Capchas. I hate to say it because I *loathe* them, but I can't think of a better solution.

My point is; there is no need to bot... Just use Cheat Engine to give yourself billions of gold, sell it on the RMAH, and buy gear... It is truly sad how many people I know that did this and didn't get banned... The only reason they're not playing anymore is because they chose to quit....
Reply Quote
still goin
Reply Quote
o.o
wow that's one ridiculous case... unbelievable Blizzard.
Reply Quote
awww there are even human players farming for the ring, understandable though for under geared ppl who are trying to catch a break.
Edited by Contra#1729 on 10/9/2012 4:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Capchas are inexcusable.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 04:48 AMPosted by Contra
awww please ban him after he sold all the rings lol

+1
Reply Quote
whats going to get banned first my post or the bot
Reply Quote
Thing about bans is that, they come in waves. Which to some degree is good, but it also can really suck. Since they screw with economy long before they are actually banned. There is not even a guarantee that the person will get banned. Sadly, this is one of the areas where when it comes to Blizzard, I am become very disappointed.

Quite discouraging being able to view a bot and realize and you wont see it getting banned. That you know the person needs not to fear it at all due to how slow Blizzard works.
Reply Quote
blizzard does not care just have a look at the drops rates of items due to the AH
Edited by Shagz#6921 on 10/9/2012 5:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
cant blizzard see his name and just ban him now
Reply Quote
bump for the bot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]