Diablo® III

Blue clarification:New change to Act 4?!

This was just updated in PTR patch notes

The following monster types can now spawn as Rares and Champions, allowing certain achievements to be completed:

Mallet Lord
Skeletal Sentry
Skeletal Raider
Skeletal Marauder
Armaddon
Armored Destroyer
Subjugator
Dust Imp

hmm so are we going to see much more elites in A4 now or is it still going to be the same amount, just different variety?
Edited by SkiTz#1750 on 10/10/2012 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My guess is each area gets a set number of elite spawns like how it works in diablo 2 where you can have 3-5 champion / rare packs spawn in chaos sanctuary and other such areas.
Reply Quote
This was just updated in PTR patch notes

The following monster types can now spawn as Rares and Champions, allowing certain achievements to be completed:

Mallet Lord
Skeletal Sentry
Skeletal Raider
Skeletal Marauder
Armaddon
Armored Destroyer
Subjugator
Dust Imp

hmm so are we going to see much more elites in A4 now or is it still going to be the same amount, just different variety?

oh snap you might be onto something here, i always felt like a4 was super lackluster... i tried a couple runs the other night to see how it compares with speed runs of a3 and the first game i loaded up had all of 1 pack in the entirety of gardens of hope 1st tier... i was in the silver spire area's before hitting 5 stacks thinking to myself: this is f'ing retarded
Reply Quote
I just hope this means much more elites...otherwise A4 will remain a barren wasteland

it's already too small of an act to even be worth farming...this would help it a bit as I love the scenery in a4...much better than A3's setting of Dante's Inferno
Reply Quote
Community Manager
This particular bug fix will only affect Rare and Champion variety, not density. Rares and Champions are rolled randomly every time a dungeon or area is spawned, and the above monster types were simply added to the list of eligible monster types.
Reply Quote
MajorPain, this is about rare mobs not rare items.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Grimiku
This particular bug fix will only affect Rare and Champion variety, not density. Rares and Champions are rolled randomly every time a dungeon or area is spawned, and the above monster types were simply added to the list of eligible monster types.

Ah-ha! I have found you saer Blue!!!

Increase the Bloody density of Elites and Champs in A4.

Increase the Density of all trash mobs in all Acts by 20%-50%. Everytime I play Sanctuary feels like a Godsbecursed Ghost Town.

We are supposed to be fighting the Hordes of the Burning Hells are we not?
Then make it feel as if we actually are fighting HORDES of monsters.

You know, like the Moo Moo Farm...

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Edited by ShadowStarr5#1189 on 10/11/2012 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We want more mobs! We want more mobs! We want more mobs!

Especially in Act IV please, it would make it worth farming.
Reply Quote
yes more mobs and elites! maybe amount increases with MP level?
Reply Quote

but the horrible elite pack density of act4 is why it's not viable to farm :(
Reply Quote
Same i notice this everytime i play. Some areas are nicely packed with mobs, other areas im running 2mins jsut to find a mob.

Mob density needs to be increase over all acts.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 06:11 PMPosted by DeadHead
yes more mobs and elites! maybe amount increases with MP level?

this more mobs with higher mp lvl even if its trash mobs!
Reply Quote
the main reason i hate farm act4 is
lack of elites
lack of mobs
and Spire lvl2 area red fog hurts my eyes big time >:(
Reply Quote
Same i notice this everytime i play. Some areas are nicely packed with mobs, other areas im running 2mins jsut to find a mob.

Mob density needs to be increase over all acts.

ditto, one of my friends that stopped playing said a lot before he quit that there wasnt enough big packs of mobs which i totally agreed with. its a arpg you really cant have too many mobs either whites or elites.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't at all be surprised if the number of mobs in a given area is tied to some kind of server limitation, like no more than 500 can be present with stability issues popping up. Remember, the servers have to coordinate the AIs for all these little critters, and the potential of hundreds of thousands of games running at once would no doubt be taxing.

Therefore, the smaller the zone, the more it may seem like they're densely packed because there's lesser room to navigate. I can certainly understand the fun of wholesale kablooey on the forces of evil, both in the visceral context and more chances for loot in an individual game, but this may be one of those unfortunate hardware limitations that springs up in gaming from time to time.

More on topic, though, most zones with normal monster spawn patterns have a chance to spawn 1 elite/champ pack minimum. This is why when Whimsyshire was decent to farm, you'd see people suggest running the crypts for NV first since you'd be guaranteed 3 stacks, maybe even 4th since a pack likes to commonly spawn in the graveyard itself. Though, you'd often find 5 packs amongst the 3 tombs. I want to say it feels like the difficulty can affect the upper bound of the roll, but I can't say I've run a specific low difficulty area enough to fairly compare against dumb luck one way or the other.
Edited by Saidosha#1136 on 10/11/2012 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Thanks for the reply sir, tell the developers we are sorely disappointed that within that change they didn't add to the number of possible elite spawns.

But hey least we can play in A1-2 now. So it's A1-3 + Whismy. That's cool..A4 still off the radar due to 'yay I got my stack...oh hi Diabla' -.-
Reply Quote
Plus trololol @ Mallet lord.

That means an Elite Mallet Lord with extra hp affix on MP10 with 4 players can have 1.7 billion hp.........
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]