Diablo® III

Metacritic for Pandaria: 4.2 user score

Damn, have you guys been on meta lately? Pandaria is being pummeled...

what is going on??

i honestly thought that Diablo 3 was the only Blizz game with this reaction...

but it seems like this design has bled into WOW....

do you think these user reviews are extreme, or is there a serious declining trend in Blizz quality to come?
Edited by spaneika#1585 on 10/3/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Reviews are becoming extreme. It's internet-wide. Fanboys are giving out tens, and haters are giving out zeros. I don't get it. I really do not like D3, but I think I gave it a 6.5. I haven't given anything a ten.
Reply Quote
dont just look at the scores, read the reviews too and filter out the fanboys & haters
Reply Quote
dont just look at the scores, read the reviews too and filter out the fanboys & haters

Yeah pretty much this. The overall score is pointless. Most people don't know how to give a score above zero or below ten.

I know 2 guys at work who play it. One loves WoW. Always has and so he is enjoying the expansion. "Lots of new stuff to mess with is always good".

The other guy is more like "Meh, its fun but only until another interesting game comes out".
Reply Quote
It's the nature of giving a numerical value to how good you think a game is. Should just get rid of assigning a number to a game and only worry about what is said about the game. As it is now, most people look at the standard score range (1-10) and anything below an 8, maybe even 7, is a bad game even though a 5 would be an average game.

I'm guilty of it as well even though I try to ignore the number attached to reviews.

Oh yeah, review bombing Blizzard games you don't even own is the cool thing to do these days.
Reply Quote
Take a look at Resident Evil 6 - 0.6 based on 2700 reviews. Read again - zero point six.

Metacritic shouldn't be taken too seriously, but damn RE6 is getting nuked.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 10/4/2012 7:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Take a look at Resident Evil 6 - 0.6 based on 2700 reviews. Read again - zero point six.

ROFL. Holy !@#$ that's hilarious.

Though I don't condone the review bombing, I can certainly understand many people giving it a low score. The series has migrated away from most of the stuff that made the series so great in earlier games. Sadly, looks like I'm giving up another series I've played for years. I had hoped after the amazing 3DS game that the series would pick back up again. Sadly, no.
Reply Quote
0.6????????????????????????????

BY ALL THAT IS HOLY!
Edited by spaneika#1585 on 10/4/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Though I don't condone the review bombing, I can certainly understand many people giving it a low score. The series has migrated away from most of the stuff that made the series so great in earlier games. Sadly, looks like I'm giving up another series I've played for years. I had hoped after the amazing 3DS game that the series would pick back up again. Sadly, no.

Pokemon Black and White 2 comes out soon.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Diosys

Pokemon seems to be the go to game to use in insults on Blizzard forums (aside from D3 that is) but I'm going to assume you're not being facetious.

I actually got rid of my 3DS after I finished RE: Revelations. The damn thing is so small and it hurt my hands to play for any longer than 15 minutes. Even with the Circle Pad Pro it hurt my hands. Handheld developers need to stop making !@#$ so tiny. Know what would be a great handheld? Take a 360 controller, cut out the middle and put the screen there.

Plus I'm not a fan of Pokemon. I've tried a few out but it's just not that fun to me.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 10/4/2012 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
10/03/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Jeger
Fanboys are giving out tens, and haters are giving out zeros.

Pretty much this.

People who have never even touched WoW give it a zero because they either are a GW2 fanboy or someone who is jumping on the hate bandwagon.
Reply Quote

just like diablo 3 and wow lol
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Ringo

Pokemon seems to be the go to game to use in insults on Blizzard forums (aside from D3 that is) but I'm going to assume you're not being facetious.

I actually got rid of my 3DS after I finished RE: Revelations. The damn thing is so small and it hurt my hands to play for any longer than 15 minutes. Even with the Circle Pad Pro it hurt my hands. Handheld developers need to stop making !@#$ so tiny. Know what would be a great handheld? Take a 360 controller, cut out the middle and put the screen there.

Plus I'm not a fan of Pokemon. I've tried a few out but it's just not that fun to me.

I am getting the game tomorrow actually, cheers guys!
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Diosys

I fear for your soul
Reply Quote

I fear for your soul

Why? Its more complicated then D3.

On its surface Pokemon seems like a childs game, but read into EVs/IVs/Natures/STAB bonus and combo attacks and you realize at the top level of play, there are some freakishly awesome combinations. (Like a level 1 Aron destroying level 100s with Retaliate and Endure).
Reply Quote
0.6????????????????????????????

BY ALL THAT IS HOLY!

it's gone up and it is now beating diablo 3's score, rofl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]