Diablo® III

RATE THE DEMON HUNTER ABOVE YOU! (PART TROIS)

@Bee. Damn I'm a noob, didn't even know you could dual wield XBows like that. Nice DH.
@stCamber I would suggest getting some crit damage and atk speed on your gloves. Will be pretty cheap to get that bumped up. Also some more atk speed on your quiver and rings would help give you a nice jump.

I was wondering what people thought of my crossbow vs a 1300+ dps Windforce. I am trying to get my base DPS up more and was thinking that might be one choice. I am also trying to get The witching belt to make up for the crit damage I would lose swapping bows. Any inputs would help.
@Hester

Solid build you have there. Not much to say other than maybe a bit more crit chance. I on the other hand took the advice of some here and got some of the lower end set gear. I now do way more DPS, but I fear I'm now a glass cannon. Next upgrade might be to buy some new gear with a bit more VIT and AR.
Edited by MrLucid72#1590 on 10/6/2012 9:38 PM PDT
@MrLucid72:

32k hp is not too bad, but all resists might be an issue. Coupled with your Andy's Helm you might be taking more fire dmg than you would like.

To boost your All resists, I would suggest you try swapping out your belt for one with dex/vit & all resist, 50ish dex 100+ vit 70AR belts are pretty cheap on the AH compared to those with 100+ dex & vit. Around 4-5m should snag you one.

Also, try your very best to get a socketed andy's helm with as low fire dmg taken as possible. That would aid boost your hp in your current gear to about 38k with an 18% life amethyst. If budget is an issue, forgo the socket and get an andy's with 5~7% fire dmg taken.

Rgds,
Schatten
heres mine again. had an accident with my manticore ><. but i went with faster attacks n more sturdier built... normally my health is 50k plus but i just swapped bracers n amulet for the time being.

but which is better overall winfore or manticore.? before n after patch?
heres mine again. had an accident with my manticore ><. but i went with faster attacks n more sturdier built... normally my health is 50k plus but i just swapped bracers n amulet for the time being.

but which is better overall winfore or manticore.? before n after patch?

Given similar dps, a manticore with 2 sockets would win out. So long as you can hit above 2 attacks per second with a manticore, mobs melt.

Windforce lacks way more crit dmg than manticore which its speed advantage cannot make up, not to mention the overtly big damage range on the Windforce. However, the knockback is good for keeping you safer, but that's a playstyle kind of thing.
i like manticore for the innate crit dmg plus atleast 1os, i had one before i switched to dual wield and haven't looked back i love the quick attack speed.... Btw @ladykamikaze looks pretty good
Nizzmizzle - nice dps. how much more will it cost you to find similar weapons with open socket?
@ destroyer..

god your profile makes me realize how actually under geared i am. i salute you sir, there isnt anything i can really say without knit picking "non maxed" attribute slots XD

great DH
@ABHORS3N

Your DH looks to be where I was about 4 weeks ago. A new DML would be the easiest upgrade for you in terms of improvement while not gimping anything else. Keep working on that CHD and CHC. How close would you be to getting two Nat items?
Abhors3n, nice job gearing with minimal sockets. That may be your next step in upgrading perhaps? You could use more IAS% with that 2hand xbow. Other than that, armor would be nive to have.

I know I need vit. gonna upgrade my helm gem to star emerald n should get me close to 30k.
@plex, sorry, was typing when u posted. Like your gear! nice high vit and res. fine job!
@destroyer, 1h xbow similar to mine with OS are expensive like hundreds of millions each, currently saving to afford some but they are definately the most expensive piece to dual wielding
@LBLACK

I can see that you're working on a balanced DH build. You're almost at that 100k non-SS mark, so start replacing your single element resists with all resist. Also, you're going to want to get more armor and definitely more HP as well.

Not bad so far, just needs some work.
im sitting at about 600k.... i dont play a whole lot, maybe 4-5 runs a week, so im poor. it took me 2 weeks of patient searching and eventual sniping to get my weapon for 170k.

ive tried low sniping some Nat's or Inna's but they always go for several million so im not close unless it drops for me.

also im gonna feel like a scrub for this, but whats DML?
@ABHORS3N

Dead Man's Legacy quiver.
DML = Dead Man's Legacy.

And to whoever is taking a look at my DH, it's specifically built as a tank so rate as such. Thanks.
DML = Dead Man's Legacy.

And to whoever is taking a look at my DH, it's specifically built as a tank so rate as such. Thanks.

Wow that's quite the tank. Congrats on being able to hear that high. The only thing I would say though is that you could definitely up the dps while maintaining an efficient tank. I played mp10 on my friends house and with 56k Hp 80k dps 450-600 res and 2.8 lifesteal I managed to never die and it really came down to how long runs take. I'd say while you're at one extreme end of the spectrum, dhs were never meant to be efficient tanks. Thus I'm not going to criticize you on your gear specifically.

Also to whoever looks at mine I'm basically broke since I upgraded my dml and now only have about 20m and I want to save up for a 12xx dps manticore.
@Xenophis

Not too often I run into a tankier DH than me, let alone 20 times tanker. You look pretty optimzed in terms of getting the best offense you can while having godly defense; are you looking to increase DPS at all? I would suggest a Danetta's Revenge like mine, but 300 vitality would be a lot to lose off your 1-hander.

@tDW

Fan of your gloves man. I've been looking for an upgrade on my pair with 200+ dex, 30+ CHD and 8+ CHC, and MF% for awhile, but no success. And yours has IAS on top of that!

Solid hunter. I'd say a decent Vile Ward could be your next upgrade.
Edited by Plex#1607 on 10/7/2012 7:52 AM PDT
@ tdw, impressive, just need a few pieces of extra vit and all resist and you'd be set!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]