Diablo® III

Orange is the new yellow

I may have not farmed enough compared to a lot of guys' profiles I have seen. But I have been farming for gear everyday for the past month or so.

So here goes.

I have been getting 1-2 legendaries everyday (except for some off days). But the legendaries have been bad, real bad. I mean I don't mind getting good legendaries and finding the prices on the AH have come down. That's alright. It's just the economy (game or real life). Prices go down when there is more supply.

However, how can a LEGENDARY be so BAD? I mean they are supposed to be LEGEN- wait for it - DARY.

I no longer look for the yellows. I look for the ORANGE items. But when I get them and identify them? It is soooo much of a let down I tell you. So much of a let down.

Blizzard - are you reading this?

The only item I am wearing that I got as a drop is my chest armor. And I am wearing it, even though it has no strength (my main attribute as a barb) is because I would like to wear what I get in the game.

Will this be fixed Blizzard? And anytime soon?

Btw Green is the new Legendary, not the Orange. Set items are the only ones worth getting, and they are not that great either unless you get lucky on the RNG.

Yeah, it is just another rant for you blizzard.
Reply Quote
Keep spinning that hamster wheel man, I'm sure you'll get somewhere eventually. Or you can hop on off.
Reply Quote
they are brown items.. are u colour blind?
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Anwin
LEGEN- wait for it - DARY
Reply Quote
Ok Brown is the new yellow. Happy?
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Anwin
Ok Brown is the new yellow. Happy?

Can easily be perceived as either, depending on the color of the surface it's on. Had one drop on a fire grate. Looked red!
Reply Quote
I've a hellrack tonight, and it sell 50k on AH.
and I feel really sad.
Reply Quote
I've a hellrack tonight, and it sell 50k on AH.
and I feel really sad.

I posted mine for 100k, but it didn't sell. I'm just going to turn it into brimstone and call it a day.

10/07/2012 11:38 AMPosted by DumpsterJedi
I couldn;t give away a warmonger in the AH for 100 gold! The vendor would give you like 3 k for it!

Damn, my buddy found one of those the other day :|
Reply Quote
I may have not farmed enough compared to a lot of guys' profiles I have seen. But I have been farming for gear everyday for the past month or so.

I have been getting 1-2 legendaries everyday

I no longer look for the yellows. I look for the ORANGE items

Btw Green is the new Legendary, not the Orange. Set items are the only ones worth getting, and they are not that great either unless you get lucky on the RNG.

so you find a item that is suposed to be rare to find, 1-2 everyday, when i was playing that game they where hard to find,THEY ARE SUPOSED to be hard to find.

And blizz made then so it dosent turn out like d2 where people would only wear LEGENDARY.

they wherent suposed to be the godliest thing in game.

in fact people asked for it.

i guess with all the qq of i want everything and i want now they decided to make the legendary drop more often....

meabe with some more qq they will make the green drop more often, they will be the new legendary, and blizz will create a new item class, wich u will have to qq to make it drop more often, and then it will become the new set item.

do that tilt u can gear ur toon with the godliest gear in like 2 week... this game, a game that only ABOUT grinding item will be so fun...

i come time to time to see how the game is going, but this post, just proved me that it reaching new deepness in the sea, meabe 1 of these day it will reach Mariana Trench...
Edited by darked#1635 on 10/7/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so you find a item that is suposed to be rare to find, 1-2 everyday, when i was playing that game they where hard to find,THEY ARE SUPOSED to be hard to find.

And blizz made then so it dosent turn out like d2 where people would only wear LEGENDARY.

they wherent suposed to be the godliest thing in game.

in fact people asked for it.

i guess with all the qq of i want everything and i want now they decided to make the legendary drop more often....

meabe with some more qq they will make the green drop more often, they will be the new legendary, and blizz will create a new item class, wich u will have to qq to make it drop more often, and then it will become the new set item.

do that tilt u can gear ur toon with the godliest gear in like 2 week... this game, a game that only ABOUT grinding item will be so fun...

i come time to time to see how the game is going, but this post, just proved me that it reaching new deepness in the sea, meabe 1 of these day it will reach Mariana Trench...

I think Players would fine fine with Legendary items staying hard to find if 90% of them weren't so bad. I wear 2 legendary rings....not because they are actually good, but because I found them... I actually had better rares

The real difference in D3 compared to D2, is that in D3 you can't justify wearing low level uniques. (you can barely justify wearing a lvl 61 legendary)

In D2, most of the "common" uniques like Vamp Gaze and SOJ were actually just midlevel uniques in the 30s and 40s. Most players never had an inventory full of lvl 80+ uniques. Most people got by with achievable runewords and midlevel uniques.

I don't need BiS items all over my character. I like loot hunting. But it is done poorly in D3. Finding an upgrade is oppressively hard, and quirky side-grades don't exist.
Reply Quote
Loot is not for your enjoyment, loot is for making Activision-Blizzard money. Don't waste your time buying and selling on the AH. Unless of course you bot, then loot is for you, so is this game.

You may say, "well loot is the point of the game".
Yes it is, they've made it such a big part of the game, they actually design it and implement it with their AH/RMAH and stock-holders in mind.

It's come to the point where I only play D3 every once in while just because I miss killing hordes of monsters with my WD.
Reply Quote
I think Players would fine fine with Legendary items staying hard to find if 90% of them weren't so bad. I wear 2 legendary rings....not because they are actually good, but because I found them... I actually had better rares

The real difference in D3 compared to D2, is that in D3 you can't justify wearing low level uniques. (you can barely justify wearing a lvl 61 legendary)

Agree with both statements above.

1) Sometimes we like to wear something that we find just to be happy we found something not extremely bad

2) In D2 I used to have level 38 item weapon sometimes in much higher levels since it was just really good. In D3? Hmmm....
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 11:30 AMPosted by sRenity
LEGEN- wait for it - DARY

on most days I get, DE - wait for it - NIED!

:)
Reply Quote
on most days I get, DE - wait for it - NIED!

:)

ROFL
Reply Quote
Just treat greens as real legendaries and brown the same as a rare with pre-determined stats. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
Idk I've gotten a couple of legendaries that sold for a few mill. Found a hellrack that just sold for a mill, a vile ward for 40 mill, and a few others for a couple mill gain, but yeah most of the time they suck and I either give them to a lower level friend or turn them into a brimstone.
I've only found one set piece and it was trash.
Such is the life in diablo 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]