Diablo® III

How Do I Distroy Hellfire Ring?!?

i know its not really on peoples mind right now, but in a month when you have 90 hellfire rings filling your stash and the only way to get rid of them is to create a Character, have him fill his inventory with hellfire rings and then delete that character....

seems silly... wheres the destroy button
Reply Quote
If it's anything like the items you get from the D3 Collector's edition (custom dyes) you can sell them to the vendor to "destroy" them.
Reply Quote
you cant sell it, you cant drop it
Reply Quote
put it on alt. delete your alt? just my guess.

maybe it's a good idea. You know how people accidently delete things.
Edited by laokoko14#3736 on 10/4/2012 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
salvage?
Reply Quote
Cast it back into the fires of Sammath Naur, probably.
Reply Quote
I plan on making an alt named "hellfire ring toilet"
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Jeddak
I plan on making an alt named "hellfire ring toilet"

lol^^

my guess is they'll just make it vendorable just as CE items, for 1 gold. Some ppl dont have deleteable alts anyways (and have 10x lvl60)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/04/2012 04:09 PMPosted by NoobSauce
salvage?

Hellfire Rings can be indeed be salvaged.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Lylirra
salvage?

Should get Bonus brimstone's for that one. :)
Reply Quote
salvage?

great, so the plans can be vendored, the rings salvaged
get out your microscopes and petri dishes people time to experiment with getting rid of things.
rather let us throw all our unwanted hellfires at the ubers for 10m damage
Honestly though, I hadnt even thought of the hellfire rings piling up
Edited by CoDRaZieL#2645 on 10/4/2012 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Lylirra
salvage?

I still dont like the idea that I have to give up one of the current rings, that I have carefully picked out for my character, in order to wear the hellfire ring.

Why cant it be an inventory charm? or a gem that we can socket into an open socket?
Reply Quote

I still dont like the idea that I have to give up one of the current rings, that I have carefully picked out for my character, in order to wear the hellfire ring.

Why cant it be an inventory charm? or a gem that we can socket into an open socket?

Uh, the idea is that you play until you get one that rolls better than what one of those "carefully chosen" rings has and use that Hellfire instead.
Edited by animal#1402 on 10/5/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They really should just make them droppable, and set the item to be visible only for you, like how items initially drop from monsters.
Reply Quote
make the things tradable like they should be, problem solved.
Reply Quote
Hellfire ring should be a socketable jewel imo
Reply Quote
Allow us to use them to re-roll the random affixes (Not the fixed Affixes or DPS/Armor) on Legendaries (one time only). Then make the legendary account bound.

Feels like such a waste to destroy them after you have worked sooooo hard to get one.

At least give them a low chance to salvage into one of the organs.
Reply Quote
Wait, what if you just drop it on the ground and leave the game? You can't get rid of account bound items that way? I've never tried...
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Gorbak
Hellfire ring should be a socketable jewel imo

My barb should be a socketable jewel. I'll socket my barb into my wizard and the class will be playable!
Reply Quote
What about the extra "Staff of Herding" I picked up?
Can't seem to get rid of it....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]