Diablo® III

No MP in Public Games.

Is this going to kill off a fair amount of multiplayer games? I can't help but think it is.
While I get the idea of leeching being part of this decision I hope that maybe blizz will allow a 'disable' function for it.
Or maybe implement some kind of, and I can't believe Ima say this, gearscore match.
Edited by Multiball#1975 on 10/6/2012 1:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just allow it. geeze, already 90% of people only play solo.
D3 is MEANT to be multiplayer. Its freakin server side so you can't play offline. Yet they still implement all these things (4 player max) to STOP multiplayer.

Its pretty much an online single player game. Stupid.
Reply Quote
It just seems to be yet another reason not to play public games.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I can understand why they did this, but I really wish blizzard would add some kind of incentive to playing multiplayer, increased exp maybe? I dunno just something so encourage multi player games.
Reply Quote
i dunno i think multiplayer actually plays a specific role, at least for me.

you can level and fly through the game really fast, get lots of gold and generally progress through the game very quickly. I don't look at it as mp farming or whatever, i might catch up with a mate but then i'm not really playing the game, just having fun and bumming about...running in circles.. lol.

but yeah for me multiplayer is great for speed leveling and getting gold. Single player for actually playing the game and working with character builds and such. i guess it depends what you want out of your game.
Reply Quote
it says in the title no MP for public games. Does this include multiplayer? because those are 2 different things. You can play with friend multiplayer and not open your game to Public.

Can you clarify if its both or just public?
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Ryhza
i think public games are full of lazy ppl or under geared ppl and even slow farmers thats why most of us play private multi player games or solo i think its a good idea theres no public games for mp lvl's other wise there would be 2 many ppl trying to get a free pass in higher mp lvl's when they clearly couldn't play that high on there own

couldn't agree more!
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Ryhza
i think public games are full of lazy ppl or under geared ppl and even slow farmers thats why most of us play private multi player games or solo i think its a good idea theres no public games for mp lvl's other wise there would be 2 many ppl trying to get a free pass in higher mp lvl's when they clearly couldn't play that high on there own

It should be up to the individual who starts the Public Game.

it says in the title no MP for public games. Does this include multiplayer? because those are 2 different things. You can play with friend multiplayer and not open your game to Public.

Can you clarify if its both or just public?

Only Public games are affected.
Reply Quote
Is that true?
So private multiplayer games can have MP lvls?
Reply Quote

So private multiplayer games can have MP lvls?

Yes.
Reply Quote
ah that sounds better!
Reply Quote
sooooo

Anyone offering to let me leach the hell out of their games until i find a ring? :)
Reply Quote
i dunno bout u guys, but i alwyas play Diablo games solo anyways. I was more pissed when they made the game online-only and claimed it is for "better experience". Now the player base proves them wrong by most of us playing solo, and even the direction they take with the design discourage multiplayer. Might as well stuck to giving us offline mode yeh?
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 12:55 AMPosted by seansky
Might as well stuck to giving us offline mode yeh?

10/09/2012 01:48 AMPosted by Multiball
Yes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]