Diablo® III

Name The Next Upgrade for the Wizard Above#3!

Xoniuqe, I would have made some recommendations but your gear is much better than mine...I dont really know where to start...

Here is some background about my Wiz:

- Up until about 15K elite kills, I was finding a decent amount of legendaries and solid rares, but I never found anything that was "godly". At this point, the most I ever sold an item for on the AH was just 4 million (keep in mind that I also hoard a ton of stuff, so it's not like I was putting up a bunch of good stuff on the AH).
- I then hit a pretty good stretch where I found Zuni boots and Vile Wards. I also found enough good rares (non wizard items) to sell to buy the zuni marrows, trium, and a black weapon with life steal.
- Overall (thanks to a good two week stretch), I've been lucky with my drops. 8 of the 12 pieces I'm wearing were found (only bought the chest, weapon, source, and pants).

My DPS and survivability are solid. I can farm Act 3 efficiently with my archon build.

I'm just at a loss with how I should proceed. Right now I only have 9 million in gold. I know a Witching Hour is the big item that most wizards shoot for, but it would take me weeks just to save up for a crappy rolled Witching Hour. Plus how much would my DPS even go up? Is it worth losing the resist and vit on the belt I'm currently wearing?

I know my jewelry isn't the best but the crit has worked out for me. I feel like the AS/CH/CD combos are just too expensive right now.

What do you guys think? Thanks.
I'd personally say weapon. Unless you are extremely attached to the lifesteal, you could get a significant upgrade to dps for just a few million gold.
@Nyudo, with your black weapon, a budget Tri will probably up your DPS compared to that magic item. A belt with similar int/vit but AR on it also probably wouldn't run you too much (or a Witching Hour or Inna's if you can afford it).
10/15/2012 08:03 AMPosted by AS00
@Nyudo, with your black weapon, a budget Tri will probably up your DPS compared to that magic item. A belt with similar int/vit but AR on it also probably wouldn't run you too much (or a Witching Hour or Inna's if you can afford it).

Nice Legacy set! I think you can replace your boots by better ones. Just saw some cheap & sweet Legacy Zuni Boots on the AH.
@novice Chantando w/ socket. You can get one w/ similar dmg as your current wand for around 100-120m. My gem adds 32k dps so it's a huge difference. I bet you won't even notice dropping down to 1.6ish attack spd since you cast so fast anyway ;)
@lumiTKD -- your gear is good. maybe trade tal rasha chest for zuni chest? replace helm mayber after patch? not much room to improve...

whoever looks at mine --- keep in mind i dont have any gold
I Just recetly got back into D3, not sure what I should upgrade first, but I ran Act 1/2 Inferno a few times and got crappy drops which caused me to stop playing before. I only have about 250k gold because I literally never get drops, I bought most of my gear for about 10-15k on the AH, haven't found any decent gear.
10/15/2012 08:47 AMPosted by LumiTKD
@novice Chantando w/ socket. You can get one w/ similar dmg as your current wand for around 100-120m. My gem adds 32k dps so it's a huge difference. I bet you won't even notice dropping down to 1.6ish attack spd since you cast so fast anyway ;)

Thanks for the advice! However I prefer keeping my Wand, it's the fastest weapon in the game afaik, and it keeps me above an important WW breakpoint. I can't afford to lose the IAS on Wand, it's the core of my build.

Anyway thanks!
@eggo all the blues need to be upgraded. and good news, since you stopped playing , the gear that used to be too expensive for you is now practically free.
@scottw witching hour or vile ward if you have the budget.
@Zennoia... I would swap out your sage seekers for a nice pair of zunis...if you can afford all res I would say go with high int/ high vit pair and get that 8 % bonus. Could see up to 15k dps gains.
@PFunk

Trifecta ring with higher CC for you.
@sennin - you are pretty much BiS for everything, nice job. i dunno about skill choices, however.
@scottw

on the right track it seems. i would start but grabbing some crit chance on those rings. but i would wait till post 1.05 when the prices on jewelry pre patch comes down
prometheus -Yeah jewerly is the next buy for me, just waiting for patch. why are you using cold snap rune instead of bone chill or deep freeze? extra damage or extra crit chance.... both way better than cooldown reduction... CM is taking care of that.
Edited by Scottw#1763 on 10/15/2012 12:52 PM PDT
@scottw

on the right track it seems. i would start but grabbing some crit chance on those rings. but i would wait till post 1.05 when the prices on jewelry pre patch comes down

@prometheus Which is apparently what you are doing :)

Darn and I always wanted to rate/critique you..got your stuff together you look 1.05 ready for that new jewelry.

I'd love to hear what I can upgrade from here to 1.05 (unless it's really dropping tomorrow)
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 10/15/2012 12:53 PM PDT
@masterjay

personally i would scrap that helm for a cc stormcrow if u have the funds, then u could turn your ammy into a dps machine with IAS and crit dmg. but overall looking solid
scottw because i clicked the wrong rune haha
@prom i'd swap the gems on that zuni chest for some vits if u feel lack of hp but then again if u dont have any problem clearing a3 , i guess its all good.

p/s : im on archon build mostly, meteors during pub or when im bored.
Edited by mth#6552 on 10/15/2012 1:19 PM PDT
@mth I'd upgrade to a Zunimassa's Plague (ring) to get that +130 int.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]