Diablo® III

Name The Next Upgrade for the Wizard Above#3!

@Vic. Amulet. definitely. get something with +CC/CD/IaS/LoH will improve your deps significantly.
@JackKnife

The first thing I would upgrade is your boots man, all resistance int / vit with move speed
All resist is important for melee spec especially with monster power :)

I would also consider you getting a better helm (storm crow) or a better offhand, crit chance and life on hit mean everything!
@Trayen, socket, LS, or CHD in you Chantodos
JackKnife I'd say trade some of those amethysts for topazes. You need more intelligence.
@arityker get another ring with CC, or a witching hour.
@Scorpishly, get some MS on your boots.
@ Vladis

THanks, how much will that cost?
I have no idea what mine would be actually. Probably Zuni ring or LS Skorn or something ridiculously expensive - can anyone suggest anything reasonable (10M or less?)
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 10/20/2012 12:53 PM PDT
@ Vladis

THanks, how much will that cost?

cant be sure, depending on what will you select. could be up to 2 billion for the one that is rolled correctly, but you can definitely find an upgrade for yours for under 2 million.
This thread isn't quite relevant now as profile can lag days behind the actual gears in the game. At least until Blizz fixes it.
10/20/2012 12:49 PMPosted by DoctorDoom
I have no idea what mine would be actually. Probably Zuni ring or LS Skorn or something ridiculously expensive - can anyone suggest anything reasonable (10M or less?)

The only thing I can see that you could do for under 10m would be a gem upgrade. 10m will get you either a RS ruby or amethyst for your hat.

You might be able to manage a ring upgrade on that budget. I'd look for some CC on your right ring. With the Skorn's huge CD, CC is a very big boost compared to IAS or CD on a ring. I'd see about changing the IAS/CD combo for IAS/CC.
Other than Lacuni's what's next?
@overlook360.

Same weapon but with a socket xD
@overlook360.

Can't get apoc with a socket
@overlook360.

Can't get apoc with a socket

Sure you can. Chantodo's rolls +1 Random properties, and all of them get 9-10 APoC. You just need one with the one property being a socket.
@overlook

You don't seem to have any survivability, do you? You need life on hit to have an effective CM build. Your MF is way too high. Drop the MF, get more all res and armor. You seem to lack vitality too, I'd try to get some on a couple more items.

Don't forget attack speed too. I know it's expensive, but if you drop the MF on your gear, you can squeeze some attack speed on a ring or amulet. Get a Storm Crow too, I feel like it's better than your hat on pretty much every point (no socket if you want APOC though) and it's really really cheap.

EDIT:

Sorry, didn't want to skip Maysrill!

Honestly, your gear is pretty damn good and your build is really interesting. Does it work well in higher MPs?

I'd say for the quality of your gear, all you miss are Inna's Temperance and a Witching Hour and you're pretty damn set. I also feel like you have tons of AR, so you can always drop the Zunimassa's Marrow and go for a Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit to get some extra DPS!
Edited by Ereinset#1306 on 10/20/2012 2:51 PM PDT
I die about once on average for each elite I go up against in MP4, its still farmable though.

I didn't see any apoc with sockets for the chants that were on the AH, the list came up empty whenever I looked for those two together. Definitely need more VIT and IAS. Just not sure where to put them, I can do a ring for one I think. The amulet is gonna be hard to improve on I think =/
Honestly, your gear is pretty damn good and your build is really interesting. Does it work well in higher MPs?

I'd say for the quality of your gear, all you miss are Inna's Temperance and a Witching Hour and you're pretty damn set. I also feel like you have tons of AR, so you can always drop the Zunimassa's Marrow and go for a Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit to get some extra DPS!

I would respec for higher MP. My setup right now is for mauling MP2 and MP3. My profile isn't up-to-date quite yet, but I'm at about 150k DPS now, buffed (got a nice amulet drop and a couple spec changes). The Dis/Nexus+DS/Prism with my LS actually lets me facetank many elites even out of archon mode. It's not perfect though.

I went 3pc/Zuni over Tal's chest mostly on price. I don't like giving up survivability, and for 30m I got effectively 125 AR out of my chest piece. A Tal's with 70 AR on it would have been over 100m. If I had that sort of cash I would have gone for Tal's
I'm not sure what to upgrade next, probably a combo Zuni chest and boots for myself.

Just need to keep plugging away and farming.

(forgot I have some magic find gear on that I swap in and out).
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]