Diablo® III

Name The Next Upgrade for the Wizard Above#3!

@Ereinset: I'd try to get more attack speed if you can. And I'd wager you're probably having some AP problems, especially when you're not fighting multiple monsters (such as when you're down to just the elites). It might help to pickup a Chandoto's Will or some fast wand with Arcane Power on Crit (APoC). Else I might try using Diamond Skin (Prism) if you can take the extra damage. Your source is not bad and it's what I had before I upgraded to Chandoto's Force. Chantodo's Force has definitely come down in price, but you'll sacrifice APoC unless you're willing to pay the higher price tag. Triumvirates are also a nice damage boost and getting APoC on them isn't as expensive as Chantodo's Force.

@Silvertooth: You might also consider a Witching Hour (they've definitely come down in price and you can snag them now for less than 20million on bid) or try updating your amulet (picking up some crit damage). Also have you tried the Black Ice rune for Ray of Frost? The AoE is pretty nice if you can absorb the extra AP cost.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 10/20/2012 4:55 PM PDT
I'm not sure what to upgrade next, probably a combo Zuni chest and boots for myself.

Just need to keep plugging away and farming.

(forgot I have some magic find gear on that I swap in and out).

Your vit is so low!

Try to add some vit to your gear.
Find your helm with a socket.
Increase the vit gem you have.

You need more all res (as do I)
@Ereinset I can't believe I missed that. I definitely agree with QARocks that you need a lot more vitality. I tend to consider ~30k to be around the minimum I'd work with.

@QARocks: I'd definitely improve your resistances, as you already mentioned they are very low (and fire has to be particularly painful since you've got an Andariel's that has a whopping 20% extra fire damage). You can definitely do better on jewelry and perhaps get some all resists. If you're willing to take a hit on Crit Chance, I'd consider a 1.05 Mempo of Twilight. You'd get All Resist, a Socket (for more life, XP, or MF), and a lot of Intelligence (since 1.04 Mempo's were bugged).
@Ereinset I can't believe I missed that. I definitely agree with QARocks that you need a lot more vitality. I tend to consider ~30k to be around the minimum I'd work with.

@QARocks: I'd definitely improve your resistances, as you already mentioned they are very low (and fire has to be particularly painful since you've got an Andariel's that has a whopping 20% extra fire damage). You can definitely do better on jewelry and perhaps get some all resists. If you're willing to take a hit on Crit Chance, I'd consider a 1.05 Mempo of Twilight. You'd get All Resist, a Socket (for more life, XP, or MF), and a lot of Intelligence (since 1.04 Mempo's were bugged).

@Tekk Getting a nice vile ward would be a good upgrade for you.
O.O this thread is alive again? lol i thought it has been dead for a few days xD
Any advice? I can run mp2 now that my LOH has been beefed up with the pants I found. More Ias, rather than int, or resis etc...? Thanks in advance.
@audir8gt

I just looked at your profile ..... Maybe get a bit more DPS? Lol,what the hell - your set up is amazing..... Good lord.
no one did me lol
I'd upgrade that armor to tal rashas.

EDIT: that was meant for the guy two above.
Edited by beeftrout#1431 on 10/20/2012 5:44 PM PDT
Thanks, Tekk and QAR.

I really liked Black Ice quite a bit, Tekk. Great rune. I took off some APoC gear recently, and found myself running out of mana against certain affixes - so, I switched back. Definitely trying to snag a Witching Hour, just haven't had the funds for one yet. Hopefully, the prices keep dropping. Good advice from you both, thanks again.

Thanks for that.

When my stuff sells I will get a Mempo. The +life should offset the 42 vit I have on my shoulders, and Ill get a Vile Ward. Extra AR is good.
10/20/2012 05:42 PMPosted by ShawnD
no one did me lol

Your setup looks awesome. That Zuni Pox makes me jealous. I guess the one thing I'd look for an upgrade on is your other ring, more CC, CD, and intel...with the same attack speed.
10/20/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Silvertooth
no one did me lol

Your setup looks awesome. That Zuni Pox makes me jealous. I guess the one thing I'd look for an upgrade on is your other ring, more CC, CD, and intel...with the same attack speed.

thanks haha trying to get a nice hellfire ring for that slot, but i can't get the stupid plans from act 4! I've been in the infernal machine a few times because of my friends but it's kinda hard to find a group when you can't make your own machines (no one wants to carry a leecher lol, i wouldnt either).
Yeah, I'd agree with trying to upgrade the ring, and everything else looks good! Nice Triumvirate :)

Really looking to see what I could upgrade next. I'm looking forward to any advice from all of you! I know I need more crit chance, especially for the CM/WW build I'm running.
Yeah, I'd agree with trying to upgrade the ring, and everything else looks good! Nice Triumvirate :)

Really looking to see what I could upgrade next. I'm looking forward to any advice from all of you! I know I need more crit chance, especially for the CM/WW build I'm running.

Gloves look like the obvious upgrade for you. You can afford to lose some survival stats in favor of attack speed and if you have the budget CHD.
Clandz: I'd upgrade those bracers. Could maybe go with some lacuni prowlers for the movement speed and then drop the armor for tal rashas since you wont need the movement speed. Not sure what the set bonus for having the helm and armor would be though.
12% movement speed boots?

First time at this lol. So someone please take a look at pants/shoulders chest got like 20 mil or less to spend... if thats not enough please let me know what i shoould save for.
Tiger: I would recommend upgrading your chest. Maybe to Tyrael's Might for 12% more movement speed. At least that's what I'm looking to do.
@ Saoshyant, yeah get tyreal's might or lacuni prowlers both got 12 movement speed.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]