Diablo® III

IK 5 items set bonus worth it ?

ik 5 items set bonus is worth to get it ?

Thanks for helping
Reply Quote
Worth
Reply Quote
I think so, I don't have it but I think the fury spent to life is amazing figuring if you are WW you are spamming sprint
Reply Quote
depends on ur other ik gears, onlything good about it is that ur fury no long drop but well not a big deal since it regenrate so god damn. for the same price I can easily get way better item for each slot. most useful thing from ik is the helm and the armor, other then that rest can be replace with better stats rare like trifica glove / ice chamber gg rare boot / gg rare mighty belt
Reply Quote
I would appreciate if somebody could give me some clarification about the extra 2 fury bonus for the full IK set. You generate fury in combat and you stop degenerating fury out of combat.

After you have stopped combat I think it take like about 8 seconds before your fury start to go down. Do you generate fury in that time period ?

Thx
Edited by Pieton#1365 on 10/6/2012 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if you do not have animosity passive on, the IK set will just stop degenerating your fury and if you have animosity on especially on 1.05 you will generate 4 fury per second :)
Reply Quote
If you have problems maintaining fury without IK5, you are doing something wrong. People constantly post that the fury gen is amazing. Getting more crit chance and IAS will accomplish the same thing AND boost your DPS.

As to the life per fury spent, seems like a steep price but not many items have that affix. Worth the several hundreds of millions required to get it? Not IMO.
Reply Quote
If you have problems maintaining fury without IK5, you are doing something wrong. People constantly post that the fury gen is amazing. Getting more crit chance and IAS will accomplish the same thing AND boost your DPS.

As to the life per fury spent, seems like a steep price but not many items have that affix. Worth the several hundreds of millions required to get it? Not IMO.

I agree it is way too damn expensive, but it gives you something to shoot for if you are only a barb and not interested in gearing other characters.
Reply Quote
not worth it
Reply Quote
worth it

only people who say its not are those who dont have it / and cant afford it.

its not the fury regen.. or the life per fury.. while the +fury regen IS very nice never degenerating fury, it's the 16% reduced melee damage that makes 3-5 pieces of IK gear BiS for monster power level.
Edited by Enxius#1327 on 10/6/2012 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
worth it

only people who say its not are those who dont have it / and cant afford it.

its not the fury regen.. or the life per fury.. while the +fury regen IS very nice never having fury degenerate, it's the 16% reduced melee damage that makes 3-5 pieces of IK gear BiS.

IK4-5 do no better in getting you the melee reduction bonus.
Reply Quote
Thats why i said 3-5 :) I consider the +fury regen something I cant and wouldn't live without. Degenerating fury sucks. So for me 5 pieces is BIS but for others who want to max their gear 3 pieces plus 16% melee reducuction is bis.
Edited by Enxius#1327 on 10/7/2012 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To answer how IK bonus works 5 piece set bonus generates +2 fury every second. Normal barbarian non-combat state with no 5pc you degenerate 2 fury every second, so if you have 5 piece IK you never lose fury.

'In combat' happens whenever you strike an enemy, barrel, or if an enemy strikes you, and 'in combat phase' lasts for 10 seconds. If you have 5pc bonus and you hit a barrel your fury increases by 2 fury every second for 10 seconds.
Edited by Enxius#1327 on 10/6/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not worth for the gold because they are too expensive, wait for prices to drop in 1.05.
Reply Quote
its worth it.
Reply Quote
Thx Enxius, your explantion is very clear about the 5 IK bonus. Bonus seem pretty good to me since youre hardly out of combat.
Reply Quote
It's a great set bonus, I have enough gold where I could get ice climbers or better gloves no problem, but I refuse to break up my set. Not degenerating fury is a big deal when your build depends on maintaining fury between battles.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys
Reply Quote
Its only worth it if every piece has godly roll...dont be like the rest of the noobs who likes to think they r godly with their crappy shiny ik gears. The whole point of this game is to gear your char good enough to farm for bis so dont waste all ur gold for crappy iks cuz u would have to re-gear later on anyway.
Reply Quote
noobs much ?
what the fury regen does is keep your fury full lets say when walking but has nearly no visible effect in a battle where you have to spam abilities and most importantly doesn't help with keeping wotb up
it can be tested in PTR with unforgiven (without having to buy the full set)
5 Ik pieces with good rolls cost starting from 500m up to over a billion
I agree it's nice to have but not something you need..and there are definitely better choices for that kind of gold
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]