Diablo® III

Please Make Game Colorblind Friendly

I wish they had a function where you could change the colors in the game to make it so color blind people could tell the difference between a set drop and a rare. I'm sure a lot of other people have problems too...
Edited by ymwong#1521 on 10/10/2012 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have this problem. The colors I mix up in real life are Blue & Purple, and Green & Yellow. So that's pretty bad for this game. lol

I just mouse over every rare in my inventory to make sure I didn't accidentally pick up a set item without knowing it.
Reply Quote
I have this problem. The colors I mix up in real life are Blue & Purple, and Green & Yellow. So that's pretty bad for this game. lol

I just mouse over every rare in my inventory to make sure I didn't accidentally pick up a set item without knowing it.

Haha, actually Blizzard did accommodate for this problem. That's why green items never drop. :P
Reply Quote
also, green items have base type name like "helm", "shoulders", instead of "archon crown", "archon spaulders".
Reply Quote
They're adding a legendary ping in 1.05 (which I assume applies to sets as well).
Reply Quote
So I suppose you can't read either?
"helm" isn't the same as "archon crown"
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

I just...

Nevermind...

Well, I have to...

REALLY?! THIS is what you're investing your time and man-power into? Shining rays of light? A mini-map ping makes sense, maybe even an alert in the text-box which warns you to check the items on-screen more carefully because a rare dropped... But I don't need Musak and a huge God-Ray shining down...
Edited by uwish#1178 on 10/9/2012 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
please, please add an option "enable legendary notification" or something so that we can turn the sound on/off seperately.
Reply Quote
My uncle told me in 1.06 they're redesigning all of sanctuary to appear as if a rainbow puked on the map.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:34 PMPosted by CREAM
please, please add an option "enable legendary notification" or something so that we can turn the sound on/off seperately.

I can agree with this. I was afraid of this I have went backwards once before an seen a legendary on the ground. was pretty shocked. but a constant ping could help more as option.
,along with an option to leave all loot visible on the ground as well... "permanent alt."
Edited by BakedCoolaid#1223 on 10/9/2012 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:32 PMPosted by uwish

I just...

Nevermind...

Well, I have to...

REALLY?! THIS is what you're investing your time and man-power into? Shining rays of light? A mini-map ping makes sense, maybe even an alert in the text-box which warns you to check the items on-screen more carefully because a rare dropped... But I don't need Musak and a huge God-Ray shining down...

This made me laugh.
Reply Quote
yeah and then unbind the alt key.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/09/2012 11:32 PMPosted by uwish

I just...

Nevermind...

Well, I have to...

god you people will whine about anything
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]