Diablo® III

Please Make Game Colorblind Friendly

10/09/2012 11:41 PMPosted by WingsofEros
My uncle told me in 1.06 they're redesigning all of sanctuary to appear as if a rainbow puked on the map.

So the whole game is going to be a pony level... YES!
Reply Quote
It does not matter what colour it is,it's all vendor trash anyway.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

This helps a little .It did help me see a legendary on the PTR but for me the big problem is still the color and text size of the set and legendary items. They just need to stand out more their colors are so much like the background colors they are just plain hard to see. and Their text is usually so small it can be swallowed up in the background.
Reply Quote
dont know if troll or just plain stupid. People never get satisfied. whine whine whine. if you dont like whats given to you then quit by all means.
Reply Quote
REALLY?! THIS is what you're investing your time and man-power into? Shining rays of light? A mini-map ping makes sense, maybe even an alert in the text-box which warns you to check the items on-screen more carefully because a rare dropped... But I don't need Musak and a huge God-Ray shining down...

god you people will whine about anything
Yep.

I like how they think the entire dev TEAM can only work on one thing at a time.
Reply Quote
I'm colorblind too. I cant tell the difference b/w Yellow and Green =.=!
Reply Quote
sorry, just need to get to my other posts.... don't mind me...
Reply Quote
68 Human Death Knight
Why does blizzard not allow us play the game in offline mod, like what they did for Starcraft 2 ? If you want to play with your friends or others, switch to online mod, otherwise offline, enjoy yourself. I have to say it is really incontinent to play this game.Because it is impossible to have internet connection all the time .A game is meant to be played, if we cant play it whenever we want, the game will lose its meaning. Personal option . Sincerely wish one day we can play Diablo 3 on offline mod. No lag.
Reply Quote
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

rofl blizzard didn't even care about helping the color blind. if they did they would've been smart enough to put this out on day one. they're only adding this feature because people crying about legendary drops. this blizzard worker came up with this response to make blizzard seem like they care about us all along.
Reply Quote
I really like this. On two occasions I've come across missed legendaries while back tracking. Those are just the ones I have found there is probably more that I missed completely.

Maybe they should add an option to toggle off the sound/ping/beam of light. People who want to accidently miss legendaries should be able to if they want to.
Reply Quote
it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item

Good idea. I seconded this like never before.

Cool :)
Reply Quote
Short of creating a cinematic for every set item drop.... that is actually not bad. ;)
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 12:16 AMPosted by Jhaye
dont know if troll or just plain stupid. People never get satisfied. whine whine whine. if you dont like whats given to you then quit by all means.

Totally agree with you.
Reply Quote

great stuff i can't tell u how may times i id an item and find it's an set item..... i can't imagine how many i have left laying on the floor just because i can't tell the difference between the 2 colors.

Now if only they would stop nerfing my wizard.... before i have to start playing boring barb
Edited by lowfi#1433 on 10/10/2012 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think this is a good implementation. Sure this game isnt perfect but dont cry when they make things better.
Reply Quote
same, i cannot see much difference between rare and sets, green and yellow on that tonality.
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 01:59 AMPosted by loboSG
Short of creating a cinematic for every set item drop.... that is actually not bad. ;)

A small rectangle high opacity at top right corner of main screen. Cool also :)

Blue, hopefully Codename Titan have this & thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]