Diablo® III

Please Make Game Colorblind Friendly

I can't beleve somone wanted to be able to toggle on and off the new effects. I mean come on as often as legendaries drop not very many people will ever see or hear it :)
Reply Quote
Then you *really* need to change the color of Tomes/Gems. It's almost indistinguishable from the Damaged items. For someone with achromatopia, anyway.

Sets and Legendaries are easy, since the names are usually nice and small, and the base item type, so there's a color-independent workaround for those.
Reply Quote
Ok, I still want to sell all my eq to get my money back, so I woudlnt feel so dumb to actually buy this game and some leg. items.
Reply Quote
Posted by uwish

We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

I just...

Nevermind...

Well, I have to...

REALLY?! THIS is what you're investing your time and man-power into? Shining rays of light? A mini-map ping makes sense, maybe even an alert in the text-box which warns you to check the items on-screen more carefully because a rare dropped... But I don't need Musak and a huge God-Ray shining down...

god you people will whine about anything

No.

The issue here is that developer time is being spent (wasted) on a specific build that never really should have existed in the first place, and is accepted to be wildly unbalanced. We all know these "features" are being added for the Barbarians who kill stuff off-screen and thus can't see things drop and "can't be bothered" to run back and look because it will decrease the efficiency of their runs. Oh, the horror.

Perhaps try killing things when they're on screen like the rest of us. Even DH that kill things super far away tend to run forward and thus overtop of the fresh corpses to tag their next group.

Colorblind? Sure, I get that. I'm a web designer. Red/green colorblindness is the most prevalent and colorblindness in some for or another is thought to affect up to 10% of the population. The safest bet is to let us set our own colors for loot (as some have asked), or, barring that, changing legendary items to blue or purple so that they are more easily distinguished.
Edited by Kayani#1233 on 10/10/2012 3:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

Looking forward to this, damn I've been trolled a lot of times... "A RING!.. dah it was rare :( ..."
Reply Quote
Having picked up more than 20 set items and bunch of legendary items, I honestly believe I have unintentionally left some behind what more cause I m using CM storm chaser. Thumbs up for the new sound and light beam. Never have to worry anymore!
Reply Quote
Rather than the sound queue and map ping, I'd rather just have a huge "A Legendary item has dropped!" similar to obtaining a level. I'm sure everyone rather see a legend drop than a levelup...
Reply Quote

It bothers me what a bald-faced lie this is. Try your best? So, one of the biggest game developers in the world tried their best, but couldn't figure out how to give people the option of changing text colors?

For crying out loud....
Reply Quote
I complain as much as anybody around here, but serious those of you complaining about the addition of a truly useful feature really need to just calm down. Some peope genuinely have trouble distinguishing colors and for them this is a great addition. It's not like legendaries drop all the time, so what's with all the whining?

I am glad Blizzard finally addressed this issue. The shorter the label the harder the item is to spot. This is a major flaw in the game and it's about time they fixed it.
Reply Quote
The only blind people who have ever benefited from this game are the Blizzard employees blinded by greed.

You want to do something for the community? Tailor your next patch toward Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis so players don't have to sit on their asses bleeding for multiple hours before getting something useful out of this game.

/thread
Reply Quote
I want the option to turn off all sound except for the legendary ping sound, everything else is just a bonus, but this option is an absolute must
Reply Quote

Nice job! But its going to be useless if you didn't change the drop system of your legendary items
Reply Quote
Nice, much appreciated. This is why I pick up pretty much everything.
Reply Quote
Well look at it this way this is atleast one thing they changing in 1.05 that isnt a step backwards in terms of making the game better.
Reply Quote

I think this is a great idea. I've only ever found 2 legendaries.. and I nearly missed the latter (found it running back through the Depths and was like O_O Holy Cow!). It really makes me wonder if the reason that I don't find legendaries is because I am missing them when the drop... even despite always keeping my finger on the Alt to light up the items dropped.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:41 PMPosted by WingsofEros
My uncle told me in 1.06 they're redesigning all of sanctuary to appear as if a rainbow puked on the map.

that's already in the game, it's called whimsyshire.
Reply Quote
I must call BS on this. Legendary items are orange. Set items are green. Rares are yellow. The VAST majority of color blind people are RED/GREEN color blind, Orange, yellow, and green all look the same to them. I actually know someone who can not tell the difference between these three item colors until identified.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]